Turkey Run Gathering May 18-19 (Spring Mill)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Claw » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:08 pm

Tripmaker wrote:
Claw wrote:Boy, my homebuilt might feel a bit insecure next to all these fine manufactured units.

From what I can see in your album, your TD looks like a work of art. You must have spent a lot of time on that wood finishing.

There were a lot of times when I was running over the road where the only thing I could accomplish was to put another coat of polyuretheane on what I completed the week before. My standard response on the cost of my TD was a year and a half of Saturdays. I pretty much designed my TD at 65mph as I was driving between Chicago and Texas and did what I could on my day home from that routine.

Rob I got to agree with you and the enjoyment of PEOPLE sharing a little camping time is what IT is all about. I am sure the instant connection that I made at my first gathering, 3rd annual Camp Inn Camp Outt, last fall will be duplicated by the great Tear Drop people in Indiana on a wonderful May weekend. I can hardly wait.

bobhenry and Tripmaker I have it on good authority that May 18-20, 2007 will be a beautiful weekend.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Little Up Date, Only 32 days left :dancing

I bought my counter top, lights and floor tile for the galley. Wife picked the carpet so I'll get that this weekend.

Still no windows yet. :( Has anyone ever built doors and added windows later? That looks like what I might have to do.

Chris 'indy cubby' I saw your tear for sale do you still plan to come, hope so.

But any way only 3 spots left in the Sugar Ridge area then we'll have to start taking over the other areas :twisted:
Last edited by Jst83 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:56 pm

Jst83 wrote:Little Up Date, Only 32 days left :dancing

Still no windows yet. :( Has anyone ever built doors and added windows later? That looks like what I might have to do.

No Problem! If your doors are cut out of the sides and are solid plywood it shouldn't be a problem. Simply remove the doors and cut out a hole for the window to fit. If you are framing the doors and windows you should be able to get a rough opening size from your window supplier. Still no problem. Frame out the windows and cover them over with your exterior skin, when you get the windows cut out the opening. Isn't life simple. Now if only my build tuned out to be that simple. :D

In any event we want you there so make it work. You deserve a break after keeping up the campground map for us. :applause:
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:39 pm

Oh I'll be there I need it bad :lol: The wife needs it worse.

The tear will be there also in what ever stage of construction it's in.

Looks like we have a good weekend coming up finally and I can pull it out of the garage and get some good progress made.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby IndyCubby » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Jst83 wrote:

I'm still planning to come even if the trailer sells. No bites so far, though. If it does sell, I hope nobody minds a tent in the middle of all those beautiful teardrops!!!! :cry:
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:20 pm

IndyCubby wrote:
Jst83 wrote:

I'm still planning to come even if the trailer sells. No bites so far, though. If it does sell, I hope nobody minds a tent in the middle of all those beautiful teardrops!!!! :cry:

Chris, that's no problem - it's the spirit that counts. Last year you brought your son (or sons) as I remember. What about this year? :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby IndyCubby » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:38 pm

Those were the neighbor's boys. Not sure who will come along this year. One of my co-workers and her daughter may come along....they are fun.
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

site 250

Postby bubble » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:19 pm

You can add another teardrop at site 250. This will be my first chance to meet and mingle with this group. I purchased my teardrop over the winter from a person that used it to attend car show. I'm interested in looking at other teardrops for idea's to use on mine. I will be bringing my bicycle any other cyclist's coming?

John Nollen
bubble
Teardrop Inspector

Re: site 250

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:21 pm

bubble wrote:You can add another teardrop at site 250. This will be my first chance to meet and mingle with this group. I purchased my teardrop over the winter from a person that used it to attend car show. I'm interested in looking at other teardrops for idea's to use on mine. I will be bringing my bicycle any other cyclist's coming?

John Nollen

John, glad to see you've signed up. I'm brining my bike also and I'm sure there will be others. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:06 pm

Well this is a double welcome welcome to the board, I saw this is your first post. You'll find lots of good people on here more than willing to answer any questions you may have on any subject.

Second Glad to see your gonna make Turkey Run. It should be fun

With just a month to go were up to 21 and 2 spots left in the sugar ridge area there is more spots in the area that attaches to sugar ridge So don't be bashful lets fill them up and really give the other campers something to talk about for a long time :lol:

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:47 pm

Update on Turkey Run Gathering list

Site listing for Turkey Run Gathering
#219 - Grover and Jill
#220 - Kurt (Indiana)
#221 - Don & Chris, Peoria, Il
#222 - Chris, Indy Indy Cubby
#223 - Some lucky camper
#224 - Rob , Illinois, 48Rob
#225 - Jst83 Scott Greefield, IN
#227 - Jim & Cindi , Fort Wayne,( Tripmaker )
#226 - Leland & Sue , Matoon, Il
#228 - Joe & Debbie Indy
#229 - Jimmy and Cheryl Jimmy Mc
#231 - Greg (Boodro) Sylvania, OH
#232 - Mark72 Fredericksburg Indiana
#233 - McKinnon and Vanessa
#235 - Mike, Route 66
#236 - Dan, Greenwood, In (prohandyman)
#246 - Chris "ShyDog" , Monticello, IN
#247 - Jim Loves Park, Illinios (Claw)
#248 - Stu And Roxanne(Rocky) - Mattawan MI
#250 - John (Bubble) West Chester, OH
#251 - Dave & Rebecca , Lebanon, IN, Mariah Sunset
#258 - Cheyrl & Alan, Teardrop from Illinois

http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/Cam ... smaps.cfm#
"Sugar Ridge area"
Turkey Run Gathering
May 18-19, 2007

Reservation # 866-622-6746
"Sugar Ridge area"
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Re: site 250

Postby Tripmaker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:33 am

bubble wrote:You can add another teardrop at site 250. This will be my first chance to meet and mingle with this group. I purchased my teardrop over the winter from a person that used it to attend car show. I'm interested in looking at other teardrops for idea's to use on mine. I will be bringing my bicycle any other cyclist's coming?

John Nollen

John, Did you buy your TD from a guy up around Coldwater, MI? If it is the same one I saw at the Kruse auction in Auburn last fall. He had a neat set up for a canopy over the galley.

Jim
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Just one more in the Sugar ridge area. Then we'll have to move ito the other areas :twisted:

Only 25 days left :dancing

So what's the bare minimum that needs to be done to take a tear somewhere so people don't think why are you pulling that down the road :lol: ?
At what stage did other people first camp in there's?
Maybe that should be a poll question

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:57 pm

Jst83 wrote:So what's the bare minimum that needs to be done to take a tear somewhere so people don't think why are you pulling that down the road :lol: ?

Wheels and tires installed, sides and roof installed, and no leaks. Anything else you can handle. 8)
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Tripmaker wrote:
Jst83 wrote:So what's the bare minimum that needs to be done to take a tear somewhere so people don't think why are you pulling that down the road :lol: ?

Wheels and tires installed, sides and roof installed, and no leaks. Anything else you can handle. 8)

:thumbsup: I'm ready to go

In more ways than one
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest