Hoosier Chapter "Fall Gathering 2012"

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Menu Update (Hoosier Fall Gathering 2012!)

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Hey Kurt,

I didn't realize until after my post about what I would bring, that the Saturday potluck had a chili theme. I am going to back away from the "Cowboy Beans" because a fiery end to the very campground where we will be staying and the closing of Anderson Indiana's airspace is not on my list of things to do that weekend... :lol:

I am leaning towards a Tex Mex style Cornbread for the potluck as well as a breakfast pizza or two for Sunday morning. The menu may again change but I wanted to post an early update in case the Cowboy Beans are a must have. At least then I will have time to arrange a fire retardant truck, some extra extinguishers and enough gas masks to go around...
:beer:
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Re: Hoosier Chapter "Fall Gathering 2012"

Postby GerryS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:Hey Kurt,

I didn't realize until after my post about what I would bring, that the Saturday potluck had a chili theme. I am going to back away from the "Cowboy Beans" because a fiery end to the very campground where we will be staying and the closing of Anderson Indiana's airspace is not on my list of things to do that weekend... :lol:

I am leaning towards a Tex Mex style Cornbread for the potluck as well as a breakfast pizza or two for Sunday morning. The menu may again change but I wanted to post an early update in case the Cowboy Beans are a must have. At least then I will have time to arrange a fire retardant truck, some extra extinguishers and enough gas masks to go around...
:beer:

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Say it isn't so!!!!!!
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby indycamper » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:42 pm

I will bring a yeast coffee cake - cooked in the dutch oven - for Sunday breakfast. Haven't decided yet what I'll fix for Saturday.

BOB - I have the parts for a DO Table of my own, except for the satellite dish! Seems that Goodwill doesn't have them and no one in Indy throws them away. I do have three people who tell me that if I will climb up on their roof and take their old dish down I can have it, but even my grandson is not willing to risk life and limb for it! Unless I can find a dish by then, I'd like to borrow one of your extras.
Sharon

I really need to re-retire one of these days.
indycamper
Teardrop Master

Postby Verna » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:19 pm

indycamper wrote:I will bring a yeast coffee cake - cooked in the dutch oven - for Sunday breakfast. Haven't decided yet what I'll fix for Saturday.

BOB - I have the parts for a DO Table of my own, except for the satellite dish! Seems that Goodwill doesn't have them and no one in Indy throws them away. I do have three people who tell me that if I will climb up on their roof and take their old dish down I can have it, but even my grandson is not willing to risk life and limb for it! Unless I can find a dish by then, I'd like to borrow one of your extras.

Hey, Sharon, you can have mine......after the first killing frost that kills the wasps that have a nest in the dish's stand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That may not be before the Fall Gathering 2012.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby clarkbar1946 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Kurt, I will provide some fresh fruit for Saturday's breakfast. That way, if I decide to sleep in, Dave can bring our contribution to the meal. Don't want to wake up too early on a Saturday morning. :R
Besides, he likes to eat earlier than I do in the AM. Just be sure that Bob saves some breakfast casserole for me!

Barb
clarkbar1946
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:00 pm

clarkbar1946 wrote:Kurt, I will provide some fresh fruit for Saturday's breakfast. That way, if I decide to sleep in, Dave can bring our contribution to the meal. Don't want to wake up too early on a Saturday morning. :R
Besides, he likes to eat earlier than I do in the AM. Just be sure that Bob saves some breakfast casserole for me!

Barb

I generally wake up at 5:00-5:30am so I'll be ready. Fresh fruit is a good thing. I've learned that over the years so thanks.

I am thinking of some Breakfast Burittos in the D.O. The variety of the D.O. cooked meals plus the other menu items will set this gathering apart from the "normal" gatherings.

This sounds like it will be a really good breakfast and send us all home with fond memories of the TearJerkers season of 2012.

You guys ROCK!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:25 am

Sharon Bring your pieces and parts and I will see your table gets finished I have over a dozen extra dishes thanks to Scooter Jeff ( Jeff2) he hooked me up big time. Happy to pass down the favor. I'll bring a drill and we will have it ready to use in minutes.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby dan galvin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Well Hello All Dan & Suszi will be in site 43 and Erron & Loren will be in 44 will see you all in september
Dan

Hay put me down for my Fatastic white chicken chille :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :wine:
dan galvin
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:31 pm

The Hoosier Chapter fall gathering at Mounds (Anderson) State Park.

Fall Gathering dates - Sept 27-30 , 2012 Mounds SP

The sites in the #1 through #76 loop is where the gathering will be.

http://indianastateparks.reserveamerica.com/

#41 Tim & Toni

#42 Gerry S

#43 Dan & Suzie

#44 Erron & Loren

#47 Verna

#48 Sharon

#56 Kurt

#57 Dave and Barb

#58 John & Rose

#59 Blotto Bros

#70 Billy K

#71 Bob Henry

#72 Jeff (Scuba)

ACTIVITIES:

FRIDAY EVENING:
Wine & Cheese Party 5pm until - ?

SATURDAY MORNING:
Coffee, coffee cake and Bagels at my campsite 8am until 10am
Bring along anything you want to eat.

SATURDAY EVENING:
The Pitch-in dinner will feature a special menu. Save up your chili recipies for the "Chili Dump".
Aside from the Chili, we could use some "chips" like Fritos and Taco chips.
Please post if you can supply them.

SATURDAY LATE EVENING:
Movie night - TBA

SUNDAY MORNING:
Pitch-In Breakfast including several casseroles and other great breakfast dishes
Probably lasting from 8am until 10am
Menu will be published soon.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby pjo129 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I've got the "Boss" on board for us going. :beautiful: Now we just have to work out details and get reservations. I'll keep you all posted. And thanks to GerryS I'll be on my way to my own trailer. I'll bring what I have done if we come.
Pete Olson
Newburgh, IN

"Patrol Box" camper build thread http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55583

It's only dumb if it doesn't work.
pjo129
Teardrop Master

Postby Verna » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 pm

pjo129 wrote:I've got the "Boss" on board for us going. :beautiful: Now we just have to work out details and get reservations. I'll keep you all posted. And thanks to GerryS I'll be on my way to my own trailer. I'll bring what I have done if we come.

Great!!!! I'm curious to see what you and Gerry have cooked up :thumbsup: I want to meet "the boss", too :applause:
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Its gonna be a great fall gathering...

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 pm

And there's still plenty of room for more. :thumbsup:

Reserve Here
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Verna » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Well, Bob Henry has taught me well. I have aquired 4+ pair of wooden crutches....for free :thumbsup: If anyone needs one or more for their table supports, just hollar and I'll bring it to the Fall Gathering.

Hey, if you need them for medical purposes, there's nothing wrong with them for their real purpose, either.

If you're not coming to the Fall Gathering and you need them, if you pay for shipping, I'll box them up and ship them.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 am

Crutches for a table support ???????

Oh I remember.....

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby indycamper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 am

bobhenry wrote:Sharon Bring your pieces and parts and I will see your table gets finished I have over a dozen extra dishes thanks to Scooter Jeff ( Jeff2) he hooked me up big time. Happy to pass down the favor. I'll bring a drill and we will have it ready to use in minutes.

:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :D Thanks! :D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :D
Sharon

I really need to re-retire one of these days.
indycamper
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest