Spring Mill State Park 2010 -- Hoosier Chapter Gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 10, 2010 1:48 pm

dan galvin wrote:I myself think relax and enjoy sounds good to me. Suzi likes to drive the country side and seeing the sights :thumbsup:

Send her out with the "GPS" unit. Hope she comes back. She'll miss all the relaxation. ;)
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:
dan galvin wrote:thank God we live in indiana
:rainy: Just wait 15 min the weather will change :fan:
Dan

How right you are!!!

Scuba, what site are you getting that from? :thinking: I love to look at forecasts no matter what happens.

Let us know.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:Scuba, what site are you getting that from? :thinking: I love to look at forecasts no matter what happens.

Let us know.

I thought it was your FAVORITE site.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:
Kurt (Indiana) wrote:Scuba, what site are you getting that from? :thinking: I love to look at forecasts no matter what happens.

Let us know.

I thought it was your FAVORITE site.

I guess my favorites are "intellicast" and some of the weather model sites. This gives a nice long range look though.
I'm not sure any are really accurate but I'll add it to my list.
:thumbsup: Thanks
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Geo

Postby Jarred&Misty » Mon May 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Anybody wanna go geo-caching? I don't know where to get the cords at but if someone wants to get them I think we could find some people to go. I had tons of fun on the last and only one I was on. Just a thought!!!!

Jarred :thumbsup:
Jarred&Misty
Teardrop Builder

Re: Geo

Postby Jst83 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Jarred&Misty wrote:Anybody wanna go geo-caching? I don't know where to get the cords at but if someone wants to get them I think we could find some people to go. I had tons of fun on the last and only one I was on. Just a thought!!!!

Jarred :thumbsup:

Start here lots of good info and lots of Caches all over the world.
go to Hide and seek a cache then you can search by google map for them anywhere.
http://www.geocaching.com/
Spring Mill

I know a trip to the haunted tunnel was discussed, we plan to do that either later Fri or Sat Night.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:07 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:I guess my favorites are "intellicast" and some of the weather model sites. This gives a nice long range look though.
I'm not sure any are really accurate but I'll add it to my list.
:thumbsup: Thanks

No problem. I listen to Chicago's News Radio 780 all the time since it has been my second home lately. They have weather and traffic updates ever 10 minutes 24/7 and they use Acuweather. It's the most accurate that I have seen. They also have old time radio show's that I love listening to. You can even listen to them online using the link above. Jack Benny is on as I am typing this note.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Jst83 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Made a little test run on my Spanish pork chops needs a little tweaking but I'd have to give it a big 2 Image Levi didn't like it and that's always a sign that it's good :lol:

Got 5 days off this weekend to get the camper ready for next weekend, this may be the year I can just pull out Friday with no work to do or a bunch of loading :worship:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue May 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Jst83 wrote:Made a little test run on my Spanish pork chops needs a little tweaking but I'd have to give it a big 2

Scott good food comes not by accident but from practice. I did a test run on my DO pot roast as well as DO ribs.

Both came out really good but I want to try the ribs again to get more of a BBQ taste. It's not a natural way to barbeque ribs but they really were tender and juicy. Just the way I like them. :thumbsup:

Nice thing is that they cook in about 2 hours so there is not a whole day wasted watching them cook.

My (younger) son really liked the ribs and that's a"good" sign. :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:Nice thing is that they cook in about 2 hours so there is not a whole day wasted watching them cook.

Mine wasn't in the DO that will only make it better. Plan to grill the chops first that will also add to the flavor

That's what I'm kind of going for not spending all day preparing like in the past. Was good but I really want to spend more time visiting than I have in the past.
So many new people to meet

Speaking of new people has every one whose not joined us before let me know so I can get your Name badge button done.
If you have joined us and need a new one let me know that also.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nathan N » Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
Jst83 wrote:Made a little test run on my Spanish pork chops needs a little tweaking but I'd have to give it a big 2

Scott good food comes not by accident but from practice. I did a test run on my DO pot roast as well as DO ribs.

Both came out really good but I want to try the ribs again to get more of a BBQ taste. It's not a natural way to barbeque ribs but they really were tender and juicy. Just the way I like them. :thumbsup:

Nice thing is that they cook in about 2 hours so there is not a whole day wasted watching them cook.

What I've found on ribs in the DO is I cut them up with two bones per piece, then I liberally apply a dry rub (sticky pig is the brand I use) the night before and then use a food saver to vacuum pack them. I did that for our Pershing gathering and then just packed the bags in ice in the cooler. Held fine until Saturday around 13:00 and then I fired up the Kingsford. I generally take a bit longer than 2 hours to cook (maybe the cold beverages). We took the ribs out of the DO and stuck them in a cooler to rest and served them from there. I didn't hear any complaints... :thumbsup:

I had some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce available but it was hardly touched.

So you doing ribs for the potluck (oops, I meant pitch-in)?
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Mark72 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Oops! I must have blinked for a couple of days..I will be there Thursday. The area is local to me so I will be picking up the rest of the bunch Friday afternoon.

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby roadmaven » Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 pm

**UPDATE**

Since we don't have anything close to a firm date when the Scotty will be done, we've gone ahead and transferred our reservation for next weekend (going for Starve Hollow in June....lakeside site! :thumbsup: ). BUT:

1. If we don't have our Scotty, we'll likely come down Saturday to hang out or
2. If we get our Scotty by next weekend, then we very well could do another reservation for Spring Mill.

So as of now, Site 85 is open. That's the latest!
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Pat, sorry to hear about the timing issues.

Hopefully we'll see you at Spring Mill.

Thanks for letting us know about site #85.
:thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Nathan N wrote:
Kurt (Indiana) wrote:

What I've found on ribs in the DO is I cut them up with two bones per piece, then I liberally apply a dry rub (sticky pig is the brand I use) the night before and then use a food saver to vacuum pack them. I did that for our Pershing gathering and then just packed the bags in ice in the cooler. Held fine until Saturday around 13:00 and then I fired up the Kingsford. I generally take a bit longer than 2 hours to cook (maybe the cold beverages). We took the ribs out of the DO and stuck them in a cooler to rest and served them from there. I didn't hear any complaints... :thumbsup:

I had some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce available but it was hardly touched.

So you doing ribs for the potluck (oops, I meant pitch-in)?

I'm flexible. I might bring some ribs and some chuck roast. I could always eat one or the other for Thursday or Friday night.

Don't change any of your plans. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest