Indiana Gatherings for 2008

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 am

I have a friend that has two projector screens he is selling. One is a 100" diagonal and the other is a 115". They are screens only with (NO) mechanics and are brand new (from factory). Not sure on any other details but I will look into it if there is any interest out there. I do know they are Draper shade brand and are direct from the factory in Greenfield In.

100" $55
115" $70
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby bobhenry » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:37 am

17 days left
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:44 am

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:I have a friend that has two projector screens he is selling. One is a 100" diagonal and the other is a 115". They are screens only with (NO) mechanics and are brand new (from factory). Not sure on any other details but I will look into it if there is any interest out there. I do know they are Draper shade brand and are direct from the factory in Greenfield In.

100" $55
115" $70

I have a large Da-Lite screen I could bring but it has no stand. It has to be hung from something.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:53 am

prohandyman wrote:Man, it wasn't that big!! :shock: It was 10 x 8

Nothing like drawing a crowd. :lol:

Really I was thinking of a PVC frame that would hold the 8'x10' white tarp. It could be dismanteled and have a couple stakes that would go in each side to hold it where ever we wanted. Would be very easy to build, and would pack down pretty small. :thinking: I smell another project :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:02 pm

Tripmaker wrote:I have a large Da-Lite screen I could bring but it has no stand. It has to be hung from something.

Couldn't you use one of those grommet tools and put grommets in at each corner, then make a square frame that it could suspend in using some small eyelets? That would probably work well and you could keep it on standby for future trips.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby bobhenry » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Jst83 wrote:Well I'll try and post before my Computer dies yet again. I'm just gonna have to break down and look into a new one, I think I've milked as much life out of this one as I can :lol:

Updated map for Salamonie. Add Jarred and Misty

Dan, Amy wants a copy of the levels for the card game we were playing at Madison. I guess she wants to be prepared to try and beat the guys :lol:

Thanks
Jarred & Misty It's about time where ya been? Is the Moose coming too We're bringing killer Sadie !

Grandma's got a grandbaby due the 7th I may have to find a date :lol:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:
Tripmaker wrote:I have a large Da-Lite screen I could bring but it has no stand. It has to be hung from something.

Couldn't you use one of those grommet tools and put grommets in at each corner, then make a square frame that it could suspend in using some small eyelets? That would probably work well and you could keep it on standby for future trips.

It's a retractable screen that I had mounted from the ceiling in my house. Similar to the portable ones you see on a tripod, except this one doesn't have the tripod and is larger. Any frame made for it would need to be heavy and would not be easily transportable. It weighs about 35 lbs and when you extend it there is more down force put on it. If someone had brackets to hang it from on the side of a box trailer or larger camping trailer that would work.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:39 pm

How big is it?
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:56 am

Jim :

This would hang from an easy up frame wouldnt it ????

I just bought side curtains for the one we bought at Madison. If you hung it from the back rails and added the side curtains to cut the glare of campground lights it should work real well. We will loan out ours for the effort if ya think it will work !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:00 am

I've got an easy up that took a hit in the last storm It's kind of twisted so the top won't go on it could be used for the screen if needed so no one has to loose their shelter.

Looks like we'll have a movie one way or another :thumbsup:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:03 am

bobhenry wrote:Jim :

This would hang from an easy up frame wouldnt it ????

I just bought side curtains for the one we bought at Madison. If you hung it from the back rails and added the side curtains to cut the glare of campground lights it should work real well. We will loan out ours for the effort if ya think it will work !

Yeah that should work. I dont know for sure the size as it has been a while since I used it. I'm guessing 5' in width but I'll have to measure it. I can't measure it till Sunday though.

Kurt...here is a movie suggestion that would be easy on the kids and fun for everyone else..."Young Frankenstein" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Tripmaker wrote:
Kurt...here is a movie suggestion that would be easy on the kids and fun for everyone else..."Young Frankenstein" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim, I'm downloading "Young Frankenstein" as we speak. Hopefully I can burn a good DVD of it. :worship:
It's great movie :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:05 pm

I wanna see Elvira "mistress of the dark"

I can never see too much of Elvira

(Don't tell vickie)

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Tripmaker wrote:I'm guessing 5' in width but I'll have to measure it. I can't measure it till Sunday though.

Might need to go the white sheet route for a bigger screen if there's many people watching,

I'll second the Young Frankenstein :thumbsup: Haven't seen that in a long time
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Jst83 wrote:I'll second the Young Frankenstein :thumbsup: Haven't seen that in a long time

Young Frankenstein it is!!
:thumbsup: :applause:

I'm planning on a "triple feature".

One
short novelty piece, one 6 minute Halloween cartoon video for the kids and one full length feature - "Young Frankenstein". Should be fun.

Dan, don't forget to pack the projector. :worship:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest