2006 Wisconsin Teardrop Gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

2006 Wisconsin Teardrop Gathering

Postby Betsey » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:56 pm

Fall is just around the corner and so is the 3rd Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt! Last year we had great weather, great food, and great company (several teardrops, a tenting-for-the-last-time family - they now own a teardrop - and many visitors).

Come join us for a few hours, a day or the entire weekend!

Here's what you need to know:

3rd Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt

When: Friday, September 29 - Sunday, October 1
Where: Juneau County Castle Rock Park, Mauston, Wisconsin
Registration: On-Site - Per night: $15.00/electric; $12.00/non-electric

Come join us for a relaxing weekend at Castle Rock Park on Castle Rock Lake.

The park has over 300 campsites on 160 acres. Amenities include spots for tents and trailers, showers, flush toilets, water, playgrounds, picnic tables, swimming (for the hearty), boating and boat access, fishing, water skiing, canoeing, grills, shelter, electricity, and concessions.

Pets are allowed, however, they must be leashed.

We will have nightly campfires and a homemade ice cream social with dutch oven cobblers Saturday evening.

Bring/make a dish to share at the potluck on Saturday night (dessert provided).

*The park will not be accepting advance reservations as the gathering is being held after the park’s regular season. However, please contact us to let us know if you will be coming and how many are in your group.

Questions? Email us at [email protected]
Hope to see you there!

Betsey :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby kajamelu4 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:50 am

That sounds like lots of fun! Wish I could attend, however, just a little far from Oklahoma for a weekend. I would love to see other Camp-Inns, and see how everyone else has customized theirs. Be sure and post some pictures for us!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Claw » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:19 pm

Betsey
Hope to be there Friday night. Just one in my Homebuilt TD.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Betsey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Jim,

That's great! We are at about 11 teardrops and approximately 27 people. The more, the merrier!

Look forward to meeting you and your teardrop!

Betsey :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cary Winch » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am

Jim,

Very cool indeed. Looks like a couple of homebuilts showing up now. That is what I was hoping to see this year. More the better.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby mufb » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:22 am

Email sent, hope to see you all there. Bill and Cindy

P.S. Our Teardrop isn't finished yet. Have to use a popup one last time.
mufb
Donating Member

Postby Bodyman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Would definatly be there if I could. My youngest daughter's wedding is the 30th. :(
Teardrop #1 leaves for Durant,Ok after the wedding Tear #2 should be done by then but the gathering is just a week too early Maybe us northerners can get something going in the spring.
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Bodyman have you been to Mississippi Palisades in Savana, IL? I was there a couple of weeks ago. I intend to camp every possible weekend till it is too cold or the parks close down. I spent a year and a half of weekends cobblin' my TD together and I am due a lot of use from it. If you got a good camping spot there in NE IA I am open for a weekend drive. I have been out most every weekend and was south of St Louis last weekend in Chester, IL and will be up to Castle Rock in a couple weeks so I am getting some miles on the thing and having a lot of fun.

I actually have never seen another TD up close! only on the web and zipping down the highway. From the Camp Inn site they make a pretty nice product so I am looking forward to seeing their work.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Bodyman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:49 pm

Jim
I havn't been to Savanna but it is doable Only 090 miles
I've been camping every chance I can too but next couple weeks are iffy.
But maybe :thinking: We should try to get together
Also need to see a real life teardrop
I do most of my camping at small "Hole In the Wall" peacfull county parks. So not much chance of running into another tear.

Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:25 pm

Randy
The county parks are the best places as they tend not to be over camped, read still grass on the ground, and often do not have a hundred rules. I use to drive from Rockford, IL up to Decorah, IA every day and back on my last job. It was a great run 4 hours there and 4 back with a lot of pretty country. If you got a weekend sometime in Oct let me know, I would be up for a drive out your way.
:ilovecamp: JIM
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:34 pm

Betsey, Best wishes for a great campout. I can't make this year, but there's alway next year. This darned day job is killin' me.
Next year I should be in (semi retirement mode). Come to think of it I've always been in "semi retirement". Afterall we only work about 12 hours a day. :lol:

The Wisconsin experience is worth the wait. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Thanks Kurt!

Sure wish you could make it this year, but we'll be doing it again about the same time next year. You don't need to wait for the Camp-Outt to come and visit...You are always welcome to stop by anytime when you are in the area.

We are up to about 34 people for the Camp-Outt by my last count. Got to start getting together the stuff for making the ice cream & cobblers for everyone.

Just hope the weather improves...cold (got down to 36 degrees last night) & rainy this weekend.

Betsey
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Camp Outt

Postby pbb » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:20 am

I'd love to bring my 2005 Camp Inn TD back to its home state for the weekend, but I won't be able to make the tow from Pennsylvania. On the good side, I'll be in Minnesota and Iowa while my son visits some colleges. It'll be his first trip west of Pittsburgh. Anyway, have a great time!

:)
pbb
Teardrop Builder

Postby duke » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:33 pm

Switched my weekend to work so my wife and I will be there on Sat. to check out the tears. Can't wait !!!!
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:57 pm

It should be fun. I just got done getting things into my TD for the trip tomorrow, look forward to meeting Duke.
:)
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Next

Return to Midwest