Eastern Wisconsin campout

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

May we stop by?

Postby B&FHenderson » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:23 pm

My wife and I would llike to stop by and look at your rigs on Saturday and see what they look like???? We have visited with Cary and have been bitten. Looking for ideas and want to see all that is out there. We have commitments on Saturday and Sunday mornings that weekend or else we might bring the popup and camp with you.
B&FHenderson
Teardrop Inspector

Postby TLC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:27 pm

B&F:
Glad to have you. Come any time and stay as long as you like. Camp-Inn will be well represented as well as some homebuilts.
Tom (TLC)
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Claw » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Updated list of 'Cooler Near the Lake' participants

Tom Carrel (TLC) #40
Jim Clausen (Claw) #41
Bruce...SaturDaytripper
Mark Brodhagen(Duke) #39
(BrwBrier) #38
Betsey and Craig Edevold #36
Elmer (Elmo) #37
Cary Winch Family #34
Parnell and Barb Nelson #22
Brian and Julie Rach #27
Doug Hardekopf (Dutchy) #45
Cheryl and Alan (Teardrop from Illinios) #23
Mike (Route66) #24
Tom Olson (Ptomaine) #35
Tina and Jerry Libberton #29
Don Kronenberg (donkro)...SaturDaytripper
Pam Roth and Gene Gestwicki #28
Joe Pannarale...Camp Inn RainDropp
Will Gould and Anna Ruth Webster (willg) #33
Bruce and Franci Henderson (B&FHenderson)...SaturDaytripper

Cooler Near the Lake Gathering @ Cliffside Park Racine, WI April 27-29
http://www.visitracine.org/frames_large.html
For online reservations

Bruce, I have added you to the list. It should be a great time.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby BrwBier » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:37 am

A week from now the whole thing will be just about over. I will be there with a teardrop in some state of unfinished. My estimates of how long things take and a few mistakes and a few things I should never have tried are really slowing me down. As a result of this their will be no beer brewing demonstration that weekend. :cry: I just don't have time to get things ready. I will have a selection of home brew to sample and if you really want to see how it's done you will have to come to Sheboygan on May 5th. :thumbsup: That is national home brew day and all over the world their will be people brewing and will be more than happy to show you what it takes.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

How's it Going !!! ??

Postby Route66 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:24 am

How did everyone do using up that last weekend to get the trailers ready . . . ? Wasn't that FUN !! :cry:

I did a few 2-in-the-morning-long-nighters getting my electrical re-done (dual batteries), adding a propane rack, and getting the big stove for grilling and dutch ovens in "carry mode"

Plus lots and lots of cleaning and organizing.

We're still doing the pot luck on Sat night, correct ? I'll probably do Chile Verde (from the Arizona section of the Route 66 Dutch Oven Cook Book :) )

Did anyone decide if they were bringing their dog ? I may give it a try if my daughter decides to come along; she won't know her work schedule until late in the week.

Hope to see you soon -
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

Re: How's it Going !!! ??

Postby TLC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Route66 wrote:How did everyone do using up that last weekend to get the trailers ready . . . ? Wasn't that FUN !! :cry:

I did a few 2-in-the-morning-long-nighters getting my electrical re-done (dual batteries), adding a propane rack, and getting the big stove for grilling and dutch ovens in "carry mode"

Plus lots and lots of cleaning and organizing.

We're still doing the pot luck on Sat night, correct ? I'll probably do Chile Verde (from the Arizona section of the Route 66 Dutch Oven Cook Book :) )

Did anyone decide if they were bringing their dog ? I may give it a try if my daughter decides to come along; she won't know her work schedule until late in the week.

Hope to see you soon -

Route66:
I'm packed and just waiting. (Been that way for weeks) Several people are bringing dogs, so yours is welcome too. We are still doing the potluck on Sat.....FOOD, the highlight of the weekend! Whatever you bring, will disappear quickly!
See you this weekend.

Tom
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Ptomaine » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:59 pm

It doesn't take much to get my "WhiteTrashebago" ready. My major problem is trying to figure out where all my stuff is hiding. I moved to Wisconsin last fall. The first few week I was living off my camper supplies (cookware, spices, and even the folding furniture. I have found things in the kitchen, in the closet, in the spare room, in the basement, in my SUV, in the garage, and some was still in the camper. I've charged up the lantern and the 12v power pack. I bought some bottled water to make ice blocks, and I bought some beer.
I just finished washing the sheets, so I still have to make the bed. I am updating the laptop (just in case I need to do some photo editing or if it rains and I have to stay 'indoors' and watch a movie). I even threw in an extension cord. I'm not really sure what to do with it, as I have NEVER camped where there was electricity before!
The dog is watching me close; she knows something is up and doesn't want to be left out.
I only have a three day work week. I am taking Friday off so I'll probably be an early arrival at the campground on Friday.
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:49 pm

We have been working 55 hour weeks for quite awhile so I am ready for a fun weekend. I am taking a half day off Friday and hope to be up to Racine about 3pm.

I have been camping once already this year so things were pretty much in the TD from the winter cleanout. I did touch-up some paint and put a coat of gloss on my wood and was glad this past weekend's weather provided some warm temps to do that. I want to get my hatch support replaced but may end up with a wood stick as a prop since I took the old one off already and time is getting tight.

I haven't decided on a dish to pass but it will be something simple like my cooking skills and taste.

Good people, good fire, good food...Great Time!
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TLC » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone:
Just a note to help you find Cliffside Park. Once you're on 6 mile road (county hwy G) you'll cross Hwy 31 then Hwy 32. Directly ahead you'll see a RR overpass. Just east of the overpass is Michna Road. Turn left and follow a short way to the entrance to the park. I hope everyone finds it OK, just remember, if your car is floating you went too far East!!
See you soon
Tom :lol:
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby riverfront » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Just got an order for 1000 shirts for Monday delivery so Linda and I won't be stopping by on Saturday as planned.

Bummer!

Hope everyone has a great time and please take loads of pictures to post so I can see what I will miss. Boo! Hoo! Along with a detailed report on this great event!

Please NO RAIN! LOL
Bruce
riverfront
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Bruce,
Sorry to hear you are unable to make it to the gathering but am glad your business got a big order.

The weekend weather forecast looks great!! 8) Sunny with high in the 70's and a low of about 50 Yahoo.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Cary Winch » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:20 am

Wow, did you guys see this morning's weather forcast for the weekend? It has turned into super weather. Can ya believe that?

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby TLC » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Cary Winch wrote:Wow, did you guys see this morning's weather forcast for the weekend? It has turned into super weather. Can ya believe that?

Cary

Cary:
I've been praying to the weather Gods all week.
Tom :worship:
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby BrwBier » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Well, it's all over now and I think I can speak for everyone and say it was a great time. After the weather we put up with the last weeks before the camp out, the weather was perfect. 15 teardrops from 4 manufacturers with the oldest being a 1947 tourette. Their were a bunch of Camp-Inn's, a Hunter, a So-Cal and a good number of home built's. We also had quite a few day trippers gathering info and meeting people, all in all a great turnout for the first annual "Cooler Near The Lake". :D :thumbsup: :applause:
Next year, Kohler/ Andrea State Park.
Thanks everyone
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BrwBier » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:45 pm

One more thing, and keep this to your self, but their might be a super secret side tent at Camp-Inn. And it might look like this
So, ssshhhh and dont let anyone find out.
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest