Is a Spring Mill date set?

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

link to spring mill

Postby Mark72 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:45 pm

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/inn_springmill.html
This is my first try at installing a link, Looks kind of long to me but i copied it right off of the page for spring mill. Let me know if it dosn't work and i can try again.
Anyway, i had hoped that the campout would be back there again this year as spring mill is only a 30 minute drive from home for me.
This campout is my target date to get the jim dandy at least to a usable state. The message about this campout last year on Rob48's websight is what led me to this forum. I was like kooooool. :o and double koooool. I have to have one! The further i read into the forum the more i realized that this is one great group of people and i havn't had the feeling one time that when i finally get to meet some of you that i would be afraid to bring my kids along. So my vote is for spring mill just because it is close for a first trip and a nice park also. I am open to other locations but this will be the easiest for me.
Mark
Edit: I tried a different link to the park.I think this is the inn page.
Double edit this is the state parks page you can check em all out
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/parkres.html
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:09 pm

Claw wrote:Is there a link for Spring Mill? I don't even know what town it is in. :thinking:

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/parkres.html

This link shows Spring Mill State Park as well as other Indiana parks.

Turkey run looks nice too.

48Rob has camped there before with the Cabin Car. Maybe he will critque it for us. :thinking: :thumbsup:
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:09 pm

The link works but I know that it can be shortened but I have not done it before.

So Spring Mill is south of Indianapolis. My nephew lives in Martinsville, IN and that's a six hour drive for me. If it was the first weekend in May I bet I could make it. There is an Eastern Wisconsin gathering getting firmed up for the 19-20 of May but the date is tenative. I will definitly be to that gathering.

Mark I can appreciate the caution on the first road trip, I think all homebuilt owners have the apprehension of weather the build will hold up on the road.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:47 pm

Claw wrote:Mark I can appreciate the caution on the first road trip, I think all homebuilt owners have the apprehension of weather the build will hold up on the road.

This will be my first road trip also, and yes it's always in the back off the mind will it fall apart going down the road when I hit the first bump :lol: :lol:

But I guess it will be a good test rum before Minden. 8)
Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Jst83 wrote:
Scott

Scott when you go to Minden, what route are you planning? I can tell you the way "not" to go as well as a few bumps along the way.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Re: link to spring mill

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:15 pm

Mark, where are you located in Southern Indiana?

My favorite places are Madison and Nashville (Beanblossum) for their great blues festivals.

If you're interested in the blues, let me know. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby josephhanson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:36 am

Turkey Run State Park is in western Indiana, just north of Rockville, IN. Close to the Indiana Illinois border. It is a very nice campgroung with both electric and non-electric sites. Some very nice hiking trails through natural canyons and virgin timber. They have a lodge/Restaurant. Shades State park is also nice,very close to Turkey Run, but no electric sites are available.
Joe
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 am

Claw wrote:Is there a link for Spring Mill? I don't even know what town it is in. :thinking:

Here is a link that will give you access to all Indiana state parks and Recreation areas. http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/parkres.html

I didn't read far enough. I see others already posted this.
Last edited by Tripmaker on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Jst83 wrote:
Claw wrote:Mark I can appreciate the caution on the first road trip, I think all homebuilt owners have the apprehension of weather the build will hold up on the road.

This will be my first road trip also, and yes it's always in the back off the mind will it fall apart going down the road when I hit the first bump :lol: :lol:

Scott

Another maiden voyage here. Sounds like there will be several of us with new TD's to show off.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Re: link to spring mill

Postby Tripmaker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:08 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote: If you're interested in the blues, let me know. :thumbsup:

Kurt - We went to Memphis back in October, my first time there. Hoped to hear some good blues in the clubs but was dissapointed. The Sun Records tour was great. It's a funny feeling standing where it all started. It's not really blues but Jerry Lee Lewis' new CD Last Man Standing is fantastic. According to his website he is supposed to be playing in French Lick in February. I wonder if he has a TD?

Although it's not me in the picture you can tell I'm also something of a Parrot Head. That is one of about 60 of the people we had at a party last year.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:22 am

Someone mentioned canoeing. I believe spring is a big time for canoeing on Sugar Creek that runs between Shades and Turkey run parks. Prettu sure they rent canoes.

Here are some links if anyone is interested. http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/canoe/sugarcre.htm
http://www.turkeyrunstatepark.com/turke ... /index.htm

Guess my vote would be for Turkey Run.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby josephhanson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:21 pm

There are a couple of canoe rental places around Turkey Run. The trip from Shades to Turkey Run is an all day affair, but it is beautiful.
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby prohandyman » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Have been to Turkey Run camping - it is beautiful. And yes, you can canoe, or if you are a smallmouth fisherman, Sugar Creek is one of the most highly rated smallmouth fisheries in the midwest. Scenery is fantastic in the spring.
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mark72 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Kurt,
I am located in the southern part of Washington County. Little town called Fredericksburg. I am a across the board music lover. Well, except hip hop/rap. That stuff isn't music anyway, just noise.
:? Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Midwest Gathering

I have a campground and date for you all to vote on for the May gathering.

It looks like Turkey Run state park on the weekend of May 18th.

If this looks OK to you, please let me know. :thinking:

Other options can still be considered, so let me know what you think.

Thanks, Kurt 8)

http://www.turkeyrunstatepark.com/location.htm

Follow discussion on http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=13281 regarding the Midwest gatherings
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest