Turkey Run Gathering May 18-19 (Spring Mill)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Claw » Sun May 13, 2007 5:51 pm

I just got back from camping this weekend. Had a great time hiking and sitting and cooking about the fire. I gave the 'tour' about eight times and of course had fun doing that. I got a new line in the presentation that I start off with as they come up to my Tear Drop. 'It's a one bedroom with no bath' which gets a laugh especially from the old guys with the 400 square foot fifth wheels.

Scott it may be a blessing not having yours totally complete as you will be able to see a lot of different ways to finish yours off at the gathering.

I got my button from Cafepress in the mail and I am looking forward to meeting new friends and touching base with some that were up to Racine, WI for the CNTL gathering in April. I hope for sun and gentle breezes.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Claw wrote:Scott it may be a blessing not having yours totally complete as you will be able to see a lot of different ways to finish yours off at the gathering.

I hope for sun and gentle breezes.

I for sure plan to get all kinds of ideas. I was at Spring mill last year and got lots of pics. I'm sure I'll come home with twice as many this year I'm quit the shutterbug.

weather looks good for Fri at least I've been watching the extended forecast. We're not sure about canoeing though might be a little chilly.

So what the schedule. Is there a pitch in?
The wife and I were discussing food plans at dinner and thought we should check. Hadn't heard Or is it fly by the seat which is my normal approach to things :lol:

Dan what time were you headed out? I had planed to take off about 10:00 am be there by about 1ish
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Claw » Sun May 13, 2007 6:37 pm

Just call for a potluck on Sat and then in the afternoon put a few tables together and call it good! There is typically more food than could possibly be eaten. It brings the entire group together and is a lot of fun. Is that the plan for this weekend?
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun May 13, 2007 6:45 pm

The plans for the gathering are very flexible so that everyone has as much fun as possible.
The outline below shows a "Pot Luck option" on Friday and Saturday. We can discuss this Friday. We all have to eat somewhere, so those who want a Pot Luck; I'm all for it.
When you get to Turkey Run, I'll have your name tags and a "movie vote" slip plus a printed schedule. I'll be in camp site #220 so stop by. I'm almost ready and excited to get there.

Turkey Run Gathering May 18-19, 2007

Arrival and setup: May 18

Pick up name tags and schedule of events

Get acquainted: Friday, Saturday

Friday night - Pot Luck or Dine out

Movie: Friday night (weather permitting)

(Most votes win) Pick your favorite Choices :
(1) “RV Crazy” - Teardrop trailers
(2) “Long Long Trailer” – old comedy
(3) “Dumb and Dumber” - Comedy
(4) “Back to the Future” –Time Travel
(5) “Ray” – Ray Charles Story
(6) “Top Gun” - Adventure
(7) “Philadelphia Experiment” –Time Travel
(8 ) “Blues Brothers” - Comedy
(9) “Johnny Carson Collection” - Comedy
(10) “White Noise” – Spooky
(11) “National Treasure” - Adventure
(12) “Madison” – Madison, IN –true story
(13) “Pleasantville” –Time Travel
(14) “Aviator” –Life of Howard Hughes
(15) “Field of Dreams” –Time Travel
(16) “Close Encounters” - UFO
(17) “Frequency” –Time Travel
(18 ) “The Majestic” – Drama/Time travel
(19) “Howdy Doody” / Nostalgia
(21) "Groundhog Day –Time Travel
(22) "Saturday Night Live" (First 5 years)
(23) “Caddy Shack” – Comedy
(24) “Best of Lassie - Nostalgia

Campfire Music & Chat – bring your Guitar, Harmonica, Music or whatever and topic.

Saturday-
7:30am – 9:00am Group Breakfast

No schedule, just enjoy the day

Saturday – 6:00pm - Pot Luck or Dine out
Games – any time

Movie Night (upon request)

Campfire Music & Chat – bring your Guitar, Harmonica, Music or whatever and a good topic for a Campfire Chat.

Sunday- Group Breakfast & Teardown
:lol:
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Sun May 13, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:29 pm

:thumbsup: Sounds good

What type of things for a pot luck, I'm not real good at that type of thing I will need suggestions :oops:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun May 13, 2007 7:53 pm

Pot Luck means pretty much what it says. Usually some one will bring a casserole, or beans, or Dutch Oven roast or Hot Dogs or Dessert of some kind.
Like I said before, "we all have to eat something" so if you bring it, someone will eat it.

It really is a "free for all" dinner.

I'll make some Chili or Jambalaya and some appetizers, whereas someone else migh make a cherry cobbler. You never know.

We can always use chips and salsa or dips. Salads are always welcomed. In past gatherings, we have gone out to a local diner of some sort on Friday or Saturday night. We can talk it over Friday and decide what choices we want.

There is no pressure to do anything unless you want to. That's the nice part.

We can always just sit around the fire later in the evening and roast some Dogs and Smores or firepies, etc. :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby prohandyman » Sun May 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Scott
Wifey has to work so we won't leave until 3:30 - should be there by 6p. By the way, if we have pre-registered, are we supposed to have a receipt? I think I have misplaced mine.
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Shydog » Sun May 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Well Dookie! It looks like site 246 will be open. I missed a dead line on a major "Honey Do" project and will have to spend next weekend at home finishing it. :cry: I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. I will keep my eyes peeled for the next gathering and try and make sure my ducks are in a row next time. Hope the weather is great for you all and have a fun time.
Chris-Shydog
Monticello, IN
Shydog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jst83 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:54 am

Dan they sent me an email confermation to print out and bring. Do you still have a copy of that? If not you might give them a call

Chris sorry to hear you'll not be able to make it
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon May 14, 2007 7:37 am

We are just about ready. I thought I was done but when hose testing this weekend I found a few leaks to fix. I'll check it again tonight after the silicone cures. I'm not too worried though, I hear Kurt picked this weekend because there would be no rain.

I was thinking of a DO of baked beans for the pot luck but if everyone brings beans we may have a dangerous time around the campfire. :?

Cindi & I are looking foward to a fun weekend and meeting everyone. We hope to get there sometime early afternoon on Friday.

Jim
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 am

Tripmaker wrote:I hear Kurt picked this weekend because there would be no rain.

I always pick weekends with no rain. It doesn't always work, but what the heck, we'll have a good time regardless. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Mon May 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Tripmaker wrote:We are just about ready. I thought I was done but when hose testing this weekend I found a few leaks to fix. I'll check it again tonight after the silicone cures. I'm not too worried though, I hear Kurt picked this weekend because there would be no rain.

Jim

I did the rain test this past weekend. I rolled out the door Sunday about 7am for that long night relief. I crawled back in because Saturday was a late night as a few friends stopped out. It started raining about 5 minutes later and so I reached out the door to pull my long sleeve shirt inside and the rain kept up, sometimes pretty hard, till about 10:30. No leaks in my new hatch hinge cover. But it was fun watching the young couple a few sites down close their pop-up in the rain, it reminded me why I never got one of those.

Saturday I will probably do some type of potatoes in my black pot since there won't be any rain.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Claw » Mon May 14, 2007 6:57 pm

Shydog wrote:Well Dookie! It looks like site 246 will be open. I missed a dead line on a major "Honey Do" project and will have to spend next weekend at home finishing it. :cry: I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. I will keep my eyes peeled for the next gathering and try and make sure my ducks are in a row next time. Hope the weather is great for you all and have a fun time.
Chris-Shydog
Monticello, IN

Chris,
You are not just being shy are you? You are my neighbor! I hope the neighborhood doesn't go downhill with out you there. One thing I have learned in 23 years with my honey is the honey-do list will never be complete. :lol:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Claw wrote: honey is the honey-do list will never be complete. :lol:

You gotta do the right thing!!. Making priority decisions is what makes the experience so enjoyable. Chris, if you can't make it, we'll understand. There will be many more Gatherings around the area. so don't feel bad.

I've missed a few things for priority reasons. Like the time my deck was on fire because the fire pit insulation didn't do the job.( thank God for the paper boy at 3:30am).
I missed a car show that I had attended for four years in a row. Oh well, you have to make those judgement calls to make it all balance out.

Life is short, but not "that" short. We'll catch up with you down the road. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Shydog » Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 am

Thanks guys. What a supportive bunch. I think I could have made the trip this weekend if I had not been going to North Carolina next weekend(Big Geocaching trip). The sweetest girlfriend in the world is starting to frown upon the unfinished kitchen cabinet project. I would hate for my teardrop to turn into my doghouse!
Chris

Ps. The name Shydog comes from my dog Shy and it is the name I have used while geocaching the last 3 1/2 years(Team Shydog).
Shydog
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest