Turkey Run Gathering May 18-19 (Spring Mill)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby prohandyman » Sun May 20, 2007 1:59 pm

Kurt
Thanks again for the efforts you and evereyone else put forth for the marvelous weekend. It was a fantastic event. We couldn't have asked for more! Including the weather! 8) Very well done, and I can't wait to discuss thoughts with all.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun May 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Well, I made it back home to Marion about 3:30. What a great time we all had.
Great weather, great hiking, great canoe and kayak trips, not to mention the huge Pot Luck dinner and the group breakfasts. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic gathering. I'll post up some pictures soon. :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Sun May 20, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

TURKEY RUN

Postby MariahSunset » Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Kurt,
Thanks for a wonderful weekend! This was our first Teardrop Gathering, what a great bunch of folks, these Teardroper's are :thumbsup: Thanks to all, for an enjoyable weekend!
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jst83 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:04 pm

Had a wonderful time.
Thanks to all it was so nice feeling welcome into the group on our first outing. The wife also had a good time on her third time camping in her life I think this time convinced her that it's not so bad.
Looking forward to meeting everyone again
Here's my pictures hope this works.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jscott83/TurkeyRun2007
Sorry if I missed anyone
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 20, 2007 11:34 pm

:applause: :applause: Great pictures Scott. Thanks.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 21, 2007 6:58 am

Old what's her name and I rode the goldwing down Saturday and let her see a finished tear or two. Almost everyone was off having too much fun. We ran across Rob48 and Prohandyman "Dan" and his lovely wife. Found Scott and his misses walking back to their site but everyone else was MIA.
We had reports that nights were a little cool but the weather was beautiful.
As we were leaving some one was arriving pulling dual teardrops who was that ? Looked Oh so Cool !! :applause:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon May 21, 2007 7:55 am

What a great weekend with a great bunch of people. Not to mention some really incredible teardrops. Scott, great job on the pictures. I didn't take as many but posted a few in my album. Fantastic dinner and some really great pancakes and sausage both mornings. This was the first trip with our TD and it couldn't have been better. Our "Campmaster" Kurt picked a great location and fantastic weather. Thanks everyone.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Claw » Mon May 21, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks for all those who did the leg work to make the Turkey Run Gathering come together. It was great to meet new friends and to see some great examples of Tear Drop construction. What an awesome park!
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Mark72 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:51 pm

What else can ya' say the only thing that would have made the weekend any better would be to add a few more days! (and maybe a more completed tear for me) My daughter and myself had a wonderful time at our first gathering. We didn't get to see all the trailers up close would be the only regret i have. The pitch in dinner Sat. night blew me away!I think we could have fed half the campground. Upon reporting all the fun to my wife after returning home she is now ready to attend the next time. I would like to thank everyone for the genuine hospitality extended to us all weekend long we are looking forward to meeting everyone again!

Mark :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 21, 2007 8:30 pm

To everyone who attended and who commented with such nice thoughts, I have one thing to say. It is easy to have a great gathering with good weather and great people.
You made it what it was and the weather cooperated all the way.

Keeping it real, you'll find that a rainy (bad weather) gathering is still very enjoyable. The people make it what it is but be prepared for anything when you go camping. The newly used teardrops and the seasoned veterans all have the same thing in common. Sharing the outdoors as well as the common interest of the Teardrop Camper. (even Dan's Box with the teardrop shape painted on the side). All of these things are special and should be considered a privilege.
The family is growing and more power to it.

I want to make sure that Leland & Sue, Don & Chris and Grover & Jill are included on the forum so they keep up with the rest of us.

During the summer we can make suggestions on next year's gathering site. I rarely go back to the same place twice, but the gathering at Eagle Creek (Lake Shelbyville, IL) and this one at Turkey Run are two that I would do again.
There is much to see and do on future trips without repeating the things we did this year.

Let's all sit back and relish the time together and the fun times we all had. Life is much more fun with a teardrop; don't you think?? :thinking: :thumbsup: :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Teardrop from Illinois » Tue May 22, 2007 7:33 am

alan and i also wanted to put our two cents in the ring. it was a wonderful weekend and thanks to all who helped get it rolling. :applause:
scott, the pictures are excellent and i can't wait to get mine back from the store. i hope to have everything in a book by minden. :lol:
i'm looking forward to seeing all those that are heading to minden. we enjoy talking to everyone and meeting new people.
our biggest concern at the moment though is hoping our tear will be okay to travel the distance. we had a three hour delay getting home on sunday due to the tongue breaking in half. luckily, we had stopped to get something to eat in chrisman, il when we noticed that the tear looked very low to the ground. alan, handy as he is drilled a hole and put a bolt to hold it together. a nice gentleman came by with his motorcycle and offered to weld it for us. so we got it to his farm and he welded the broken piece together (which made the wood of the floor catch on fire-- but no worries nothing really happend except for some smoke damage). angels due live on earth and allen is his name- the guy's name was allen also. he wouldn't take any money and offered to help anytime.
so now my alan has to get under the tear and check for any cracks and damage.

oh, on the lighter note..... alan wants to know who make the pulled bbq pork on saturday night? he would like the recipe.

well got to go. i hope everyone has a great summer. hope we can do something this fall. 8)
Teardrop from Illinois
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tripmaker » Tue May 22, 2007 8:03 am

Teardrop from Illinois wrote:alan and i also wanted to put our two cents in the ring. it was a wonderful weekend and thanks to all who helped get it rolling. :applause:
scott, the pictures are excellent and i can't wait to get mine back from the store. i hope to have everything in a book by minden. :lol:
i'm looking forward to seeing all those that are heading to minden. we enjoy talking to everyone and meeting new people.
our biggest concern at the moment though is hoping our tear will be okay to travel the distance. we had a three hour delay getting home on sunday due to the tongue breaking in half. luckily, we had stopped to get something to eat in chrisman, il when we noticed that the tear looked very low to the ground. alan, handy as he is drilled a hole and put a bolt to hold it together. a nice gentleman came by with his motorcycle and offered to weld it for us. so we got it to his farm and he welded the broken piece together (which made the wood of the floor catch on fire-- but no worries nothing really happend except for some smoke damage). angels due live on earth and allen is his name- the guy's name was allen also. he wouldn't take any money and offered to help anytime.
so now my alan has to get under the tear and check for any cracks and damage.

oh, on the lighter note..... alan wants to know who make the pulled bbq pork on saturday night? he would like the recipe.

well got to go. i hope everyone has a great summer. hope we can do something this fall. 8)

Bummer. Lucky that you were able to get it patched up on a Sunday to get home. Sorry to hear about your misfortune but glad it worked out. I've been a bit concerned about my tongue and your story convinced me I need to do something about it before heading to Yellowstone later this summer.

I didn't make the pulled pork on Saturday but I have made it in the past. The trick is cooking it very slowly at 175 to 200 degrees. I have a smoker and put a pork sholder in to smoke for 5 to 6 hours, then it just falls apart. I like a North Carolina type mustard sauce but whatever you like will work.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Stu » Tue May 22, 2007 10:45 am

Hi All,

What a great weekend. It was our first real outting with our TD and we couldn't have asked for a better bunch of people to share it with. I'm already looking forward to next year.

I put a bunch of pictures up on the web. Here's the link. I'm going to do something nicer on my website when I have time.

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/share/defa ... auid=30172
Stu

Indecision is the key to flexability
Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby MariahSunset » Tue May 22, 2007 5:46 pm

Stu,
Love the pictures, you are very talented! :thumbsup:
Becky
2007 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra SUV #0183
MariahSunset
Teardrop Builder