Turkey Run Gathering May 18-19 (Spring Mill)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 15, 2007 6:39 am

"GIRLFRIEND" You got it made just mention that marriage is give and take and as soon as she hears to "M" word her heart will melt. Then you can compromise and come down for the day on Saturday. Be sure and develope amnesia early Sunday morning about the "M" word and all will be right with the world again. Then you both can go about happily install cabinets. I told " old what's her name" I'm going Saturday that's the take. :lol:
Then I gotta cook for and put up with her family and friends Sunday that's the give. :cry:

Life was so much less complicated when you just clubbed one and drug her back to your cave. ( just kiddin' girls )
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby WarPony » Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 pm

You guys have a good time at Turkey Run this weekend. I had heard alot of GREAT things about Spring Mill '06 from JimmyMc and IndyCubby when my girlfriend and I were "stranded" at Clifty Falls SP last August due to a crapped out transmission................... whole 'nuther story :x .

Anyway, I started the Spring Mill thread back in Jan. hoping to get back to C. Indiana and redeem ourselves and make good with the Ford pickup gods............ :worship: .

It's not to be. I started my 2nd build about the same time I shot my big mouth off about Spring Mill (got moved to Turkey Run), shot my big mouth off about when my Jim Dandy was going to be done and now, here I am.......... it's about 75% and I'm cramming before the ITG just to get it "campable". Anyway, I really wanted to meet a bunch of new people from the Midwest area but it will have to wait for next year or at the ITG :cry: .

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Wed May 16, 2007 6:50 am

Anybody getting excited about this camping trip yet?? ;)

I am! :applause: :applause:

I'm so excited, that I'm heading over to the campground today!

See you all soon...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Tripmaker » Wed May 16, 2007 7:56 am

48Rob wrote:Anybody getting excited about this camping trip yet?? ;)

I am! :applause: :applause:

I'm so excited, that I'm heading over to the campground today!

See you all soon...

Rob

I'm excided but can't get there till Friday. My TD survived the storm last night with no visible leaks. :)
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Teardrop from Illinois » Wed May 16, 2007 8:07 am

alan and i are excited about this weekend. 8) we are looking forward to a little r&r and just hanging out with people we met at itg and up in racine a month ago. -----i just hope i don't go nuts until then. :cry: the end of school is so crazy right now, they don't pay us teachers enough!!!!!

looking forward to seeing everyone,
cheryl
Teardrop from Illinois
Teardrop Inspector

Postby IndyCubby » Wed May 16, 2007 8:32 am

Teardrop from Illinois wrote:i just hope i don't go nuts until then. :cry: the end of school is so crazy right now, they don't pay us teachers enough!!!!!

Amen, sister! I've considered putting a flask in my desk drawer lately to get through the day. These kiddos are nuts! :?
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Rob, I'll see you there Thursday afternoon. :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Boodro » Wed May 16, 2007 7:27 pm

I am ready too!!! I should be pulling in about noon 1pm Friday. Its about 4.5 hrs for me. Anyway LETS GOOOOO!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 17, 2007 6:45 am

Weather Forcast is near as perfect as we can get. High 70's low 80's clear and sunny. Just like Kurt ordered !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:25 am

Yes thank you for the nice weather Kurt I'm not ready to water test it yet. :thumbsup:
I'm so ready of course I'm still working on doors :lol: they are on the tear though which is a plus.
See you all tomorrow.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Stu » Thu May 17, 2007 4:17 pm

We're about 3/4 packed and will be heading out in the morning. Hope to get there around 1.

Stu
:thumbsup:
Stu

Indecision is the key to flexability
Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jst83 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:12 pm

I have working doors, plumbing new Tires
:sneakers: :moom walk: :sneakers: :running man:

I'm so ready :D
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby IndyCubby » Thu May 17, 2007 10:19 pm

One of the neighbor boys (not both this year...) will be coming along. I don't think we'll be able to leave Indy until around 5:30 or 6.....hopefully we'll still have daylight when we get there for setup. If not, bring your flashlights over to site #222! I have a hard enough time backing that damn trailer in the daylight...let alone the dark! :?

See you there! :D
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Jst83 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:03 pm

You should still have plenty of light. If not I'm sure we can drum up enough help to get you backed in and set up no problem. Just give a haller
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri May 18, 2007 7:32 am

IndyCubby wrote:One of the neighbor boys (not both this year...) will be coming along. I don't think we'll be able to leave Indy until around 5:30 or 6.....hopefully we'll still have daylight when we get there for setup. If not, bring your flashlights over to site #222! I have a hard enough time backing that damn trailer in the daylight...let alone the dark! :?

See you there! :D

Just listen for the crunch then apply the brake ! :lol:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest