Teardrop Sightings

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Teardrop Sightings

Postby Ramblerfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:20 pm

How about a new thread for list where and when you see a teardrop on the road? Saw one tonight on SR-25 South of Lafayette Indiana. Looked store bought, but nice. Thought it might be fun to list on here. :thumbsup:
Ramblerfan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shydog » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:33 pm

I saw one on Friday. It was hooked on to the back of my car! After over a year of research and decision making, I made the trip to Sugar Creek, OH and picked up a Silver Shadow 4'x8' (Yoder Toter). I didn't feel I had the skills to build one that I would like so I let the pros do it for me. I am looking forward to putting the finishing touches on it and doing some camping in the near future.
Chris
Monticello, IN
Shydog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tear Fan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Congratulations, Shydog!!! We have had our 5 X 8 Yoder Toter for a year, come June, and are more excited about it now than when we bought it. It will give you years of fun and is a quality-made product. Enjoy every minute of it. Oh, and you might wanna keep a log of your adventures . . . Just a thought.

Marvin and Jennifer
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby Claw » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:16 pm

shydog,
Great to hear about you stepping into the fun of Tear Drop Camping. :thumbsup:
Check out the Turkey Run thread and see if it works for you to join some of us at a gathering in May. I sure would like to see a Silver Shadow and I think there is a few sites left at Turkey Run SP in Indiana just book a site and see how others have outfitted their TD. We would all love to meet you Chris.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Return to Midwest