Hocking Hills State Park - Ohio

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Hocking Hills State Park - Ohio

Postby Tear Fan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:54 am

Anyone interested in a TD gathering at Hocking Hills State Park in central Ohio in July? Jennifer and I stopped there on our way home with our Yoder Toter last June, and we knew we were gonna be back.
The website is here http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Parks/parks/hocking.htm and there are myriad things to do in the area. If anyone is interested, let us know.
:ilovecamp:

Marvin and Jennifer
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:07 pm

I've seen pictures of that park. I'd like to check it out some day. Keep me posted as July get's closer. I'll know how busy we are at work then...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Jst83 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Only 3 hr and 20 min away I'll for sure keep that in mind also.

Turkey Run in May, Minden in June, July is open but how do I explain it to the wife 8) with out her wanting to leave me?
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Boodro » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:13 pm

I could sure use a break about then, count me in!! :thumbsup: Just keep me posted :applause: :applause: :applause:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Endo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:41 am

I would be interested. We love that area! More pics in my album.
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:22 pm

I used to live in Cincinnati and we camped there all the time. What a great place. My other favorite place was Red River Gorge by Natural Bridge in Ky.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby WarPony » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:51 pm

Marvin, my girlfriend and I are planning on going to Hocking Hills this year. After the transmission failure on the way there last August, this park is THE spot we want to head to........... make it or break it!!

Won't be able to do a July gathering, though. We'll be heading to KY and then to HH after that but in mid-August.

I'm going to check out the Red River Gorge place Gerdo talked about down in KY. Sounds like my kind of place if it's anything like the HH pics that Marvin posted.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:51 pm

Man what a cool looking park! I will definatly be putting that park on my places to go list!(probably next year though)

Mark :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby Tear Fan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:21 pm

Y'all can't imagine it unless you've been there. Too cool, and the geology alone is worth the trip. We are confirmed in site #42 in Campground One near the Old Man's Cave area for July 15th through the 18th, departing on the 19th, so anyone who wants to join us, come on!!! As an aside, in my 20s, back in the early 70's - yes, I can remember the 70's, thank you - I used to backpack in the Red River Gorge on a real regular basis. Back then, stopping at the little store in Slade was like a trip to "Deliverance." lol Anyways, any and all are welcome to join us. Warpony, I am really pulling for you to get there this year after last year's fiasco. Still got your $1.00 map? lol

Hope to see some of you there!

Marvin and Jennifer :ilovecamp:

Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby WarPony » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:16 pm

Tear Fan wrote:Still got your $1.00 map?

Yep, and I still have the dollar that you sent to buy a map. I kept it and all the "info package" together even after we failed to make it to HH. I figured if somebody else wanted/needed info on the Hills, I would pass along the dough so somebody else could use it.

Sounds like we'll use it after all but I'll remember the kind jesture you and Jennifer sent and pass along the same to someone else down the road.

:thumbsup: Jeff and Anna
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Camping in July

Postby galen neibarger » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:04 am

Marvin and Jennifer,

What weekend are you looking at?. Let us know and some of us TearJerkers may join in for the weekend. If you can group us together that would be great.

Galen Neibarger
Director,
Buckeye Chapter of "TearJerkers" 8)
galen neibarger
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Tear Fan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 am

Galen -

The dates are above. We are in #42 and there are plenty of sites left. We have already made and paid for our reservations. It won't be on a weekend, but Sunday night through Wednesday night. We are leaving there and heading for Erie on Thursday for two nights, then on to Niagara Falls - Canadian side - for four nights. We are flying my mom up for three nights. She'll stay in a hotel while we're there. Maid of the Mist, anyone? lol

Marvin

Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby Gambam » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:31 am

As I said in the other HH thread I grew up in the Hocking Hills area.

Here are some sites for info of the area:

http://www.hockinghills.com/

http://www.1800hocking.com/

http://www.hockinghillspark.com/
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby Tim & Lori » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi!! Just about finished with our TTT and look forward to joining you at Hocking Hills. We've made reservations for site #34 in Campsite 1 for the 15th, 16th & 17th of July. Look forward to meeting some of you then. See you there!

Tearfan, where are you staying at Niagra Falls? we go up every year and stay at Jellystone. It's about 3 mile from the falls and a very nice campground. Talk to you later...

Tim & Lori
won't be long now....
Tim & Lori
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Tear Fan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:12 am

Tim and Lori -

We're staying at the Riverside Park Motel and Campground. Looks like a nice place as well. Looking forward to seeing you then! Will send a PM with phone number and such. BTW, that TD is looking sweeeeeeet. :applause: You have the exact same doors as on our Yoder Toter.

Marvin and Jennifer

Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Midwest