Great Lakes Tearjerker outing

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby beverlyt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:29 am

Chuck,
Sorry I took so long to answer........
I've lived here all my life and never camped at Hoffmaster.... though I've always heard it's great and of course right over there on the lake.

They have a cool nature center that I use to take the kids to and walk them down the nature trails to the beach.

I think you'll like it.

Can't wait to camp in Ionia.... it'll be the first time we've had the teardrop out of it's cave this year.

Bev & Bob
Last edited by beverlyt on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby beverlyt » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:30 am

Mike,
Maybe you and Chell could come up for a visit?

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Boodro » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:33 pm

Hey I have site 71 reserved !!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
I am getting ready , I hope to have my hatch redo done by then. I will be part woody & part frp . should be a sight to see. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See ya'll there. Early Fri.
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:30 am

Boodro!
Glad you're coming too!

If all goes as planned, we'll be hard to miss. What with the murals on the teardrop and my 64 tow vehicle:

Looking forward to seeing all the other teardrops.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:03 am

thinking hard about it...

We'd have to bring the escape hatch...

Mike...

beverlyt wrote:Mike,
Maybe you and Chell could come up for a visit?

Bev
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Boodro » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:08 pm

Mike ,don't think ,just do it!!! :DOH2: :DOH2: Thinking just gives you a headache. :lol: :lol:

Bev , I like your truck!! :thumbsup: I had a 66 just like that one , wish I still did. :( :( See ya! What sites are others in ?????
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodyperk6 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:06 pm

Greetings from Texas,
My wife & son will be in Michigan in July and August visiting family and friends. She wants to know if her & her brother could either come by for a visit or bring a tent & camp with you. Her brother has not seen any other TDs besides ours. I'm trying to get him to build one for himself. If it's not to late to reserve a campsite could someone send me the info I need to do so. We went to Minden last weekend & had a great time. Her brother lives in Grand Rapids & her parents live Harrietta(20 miles west of Cadilac).

Thanks
Woodyperk6
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Stu » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Woodyperk6 wrote:Greetings from Texas,
My wife & son will be in Michigan in July and August visiting family and friends. She wants to know if her & her brother could either come by for a visit or bring a tent & camp with you. Her brother has not seen any other TDs besides ours. I'm trying to get him to build one for himself. If it's not to late to reserve a campsite could someone send me the info I need to do so. We went to Minden last weekend & had a great time. Her brother lives in Grand Rapids & her parents live Harrietta(20 miles west of Cadilac).

Thanks
Woodyperk6

It's not to late but there are only 3 sites left. You can make reservations at
http://www.midnrreservations.com/campgrounds/index.cfm Click on Make a reservation and go to the Ionia Recreation Area

You can also call 1-800-44-PARKS

If they don't want to camp, Grand Rapids is about 30 minute drive from the campground.

Stu
Stu

Indecision is the key to flexability
Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Stu » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Boodro - We missed you at Boogie in the Hills. I'll bring a laptop so we can have that Linux discussion we didn't get to at Turkey Run. :D

Bev - The truck looks great. 8)
How are the snow damage repairs coming?
Stu

Indecision is the key to flexability
Stu
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Boodro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:24 pm

Stu , sounds good dude. I' see ya there! :thumbsup:
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:31 am

Stu,
The teardrop damage due to snow (and thanks to the truck that required the garage this winter) appears to be pretty minimal.

One spot of damage to the wood on the lower part of the hatch. Could have been worse. I think we can repair it or get it looking fairly decent with some sanding and reapplying some finish to it.

Boodro - I really like my truck too.... (though I'm not fond of the manual steering)....... If it's not too hot, I think we will plan on driving it over.

culater,
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:07 am

Question - if I came over just to meet everyone - is there a "best" day/time to do this? We're teardrop-less (for camping - do have a cargo trailer) at the moment but would love to put faces with names if I can get over there.

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Boodro » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Rhonda , anytime is a good time to look at a TD!!! 8) 8)
Usually Sat. is probably the best , Fri is for early birds . Sat. in the pm would give most of the TD's to show up & get setup. If ya show up Fri , ya get more chat time with the early birds ! 8) :lol:
I'm on site 71 , see ya there Friday!YAHOOOOO! :? :?
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MiTearjerker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Ill be there sometime friday afternoon. im in site 64. hope to see you all there.

Joe
MiTearjerker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby beverlyt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:25 am

We're pulling the teardrop out today to get ready for the trip tomorrow!

Sadly, won't be taking the 64 truck. Ran out of time to get a hitch on it. Maybe next time.

Looks like the weather is going to be great!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest