Cooler Near The Lake II

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby bobhenry » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 am

Just a little competitive curiosity what was the final unit count at the gathering?

Bob Henry
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

CNTL2

Postby pigcooker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:30 pm

Warm room, GREAT BREW, thanks Bob. :D
Wonderful conversations, swell stories, Great memories, new friends,Super food, Great Time, Thank You!!!! to EVERYONE. :thumbsup: :applause:
Doug & Nan
pigcooker
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Claw » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:55 pm

bobhenry wrote:Just a little competitive curiosity what was the final unit count at the gathering?

Bob Henry

I think we were at 30 occupied sites. I brought 53 buttons and had no left overs. So 50+people.
I hope you all have a great weekend down in Brown County. I was at Turkey Run last year and if I remember there were a few that came at the last moment. :thumbsup:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby BrwBier » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:34 pm

In a post a few pages back I mentioned that we (I) forgot to take the group picture and we could meet this Saturday and get that taken care of. Well, with all the drinking I forgot that this Saturday is National Home brew Day and I will be busy. If anyone wants to come to that just PM me and I will send directions. A fair amount of beer will be involved with that, all home brewed. As far as the group picture goes I was thinking next year just check the pictures I have on line and bring those clothes and we can just fake this years picture. You know take picture change clothes take current years picture.
Brwbier AKA Bob 8)
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby duke » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Sounds like I missed a good time. Wish I could have been there. I almost made it there on Saturday but had to turn around and head for home.

I know I owe an apology to Betsey for not helping with the shirts, and everyone else at least an explanation for my disappearance.

The last two months have been have been a nightmare for me and my family healhwise. I had a stroke in the airport Feb 26th returning from a family vacation in Las Vegas. Most likely a form of DVT (deep venous thrombosis) with a blood clot forming in my legs and going to my brain.

9 years ago I had a similar incident that was diagnosed as a TIA (transient ischemic attack) a "mini" stroke that was never fully explained. Fortunately, the daily aspirin and anti-clotting drug I have been taking since then and the quick response from the airport staff and paramedics saved me from the "big one".

This time round I had bettter care and a wonderful hemotologist that did more testing and gave me some answers. I have FVL (Factor V Leiden) a genetic disorder that interferes with blood clots naturally dissolving after they form and are no longer needed by the body.

I'm taking this as a wake up call (more like a slap upside the head with a dead fish) and taking the necessary steps with my doctors to prevent any problems in the future. I am now on a regimen of more powerful blood thinners, LMW Heparin for now (self injected, I HATE NEEDLES!) and will be switching to Coumadin (oral, thank God) in the near future, along with more exercise and quitting smoking.

Unfortunately, in my case, scar tissue in my brain from the two strokes has also brought on petite mal seizures. My drivers license has been suspended (voluntarily), and I cannot drive again until I go 90 days seizure free on my new anti-seizure meds (Currently down from my record of 12 in a 24 hr period to mabe one every other day as the meds are finally starting to kick in). Hope to be driving in time for the Camp-Inn Camp Out!

I had talked a metal detecting buddy into driving down with me to CNTL on Saturday at the last minute (my wife had to work) and we made it as far as Cleveland (WI, not OH) and stopped to investigate an old picnic grounds when I felt a seizure coming on (rushing sound in the ears, blurred vision) so we had to head back home.

On the upside, thanks to a supportive employer and some neat gadgets (new laptop, polarized monitor filters) I am back to work mostly full time, and I can work from home when the need arises. I am taking physical therapy for some lingering weakness on my left side, and occupational therapy for some cognitive side effects like short tenm memory loss and face/name linking (I get to meet the nicest people for the first time again and again) and have been making excellent progress I'm told and should be cut loose soon (at least thats what my insurance company tells me ha ha). Then its just a matter of time for the old grey matter to rewire itself around the short circuits.

I've been back out in the garage the last few days cleaning up and trying to "pick up the thread" on where I was with the teardrop build.

With the support of my wonderful family and friends I'm just taking it day by day and trying to pick up the pieces and get past this and back to a semblance of a normal life. Hope to see you all (again, or for the first time) at another outing soon.

Duke
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Duke,

No apology needed on the t-shirts. I am just relieved to hear things are improving. You gave us quite a scare! Taking care of yourself is first priority.

You were missed at CNTL II but there will be more gatherings and we'd love to have you join us at the 5th Camp-Inn Camp-Outt this fall.

Take it easy and get stronger!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TLC » Thu May 01, 2008 6:33 am

Hey Duke:
So glad to hear you're on the mend. A lot of people were very worried about you. It sure sounds like you've been run through the mill and back again. Everyone at the gathering that knows you, was asking about you.
Stay on the road to full recovery and know we will all be thinking of you often.
Hope to see you at CI-CO 2008
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:08 am

I hope your meds start to take effect quicker. Sorry. Best wishes.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby elmo » Thu May 01, 2008 8:12 am

Bummer Duke!! If you need any help I am right down the road!!
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby packerz4 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:17 am

great job taking care of yourself. blood clots stink, my dad is 76, and we deal with them daily too. you're doing all the right stuff!

all the best to you!

tk

:thumbsup:
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 pm

Duke,
I am glad to hear that you are on the mend. I am a firm believer that we are not challenged beyond our ability to bear and with the help of those about us even the toughest time can be managed. Adjustments happen, embrace them. Hold the hugs a bit longer, stare a bit deeper into another's eyes, laugh more often, life is good.

I missed you friend.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby flygal6 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:46 pm

Duke,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You were definitely missed. Sounds like you are on the right track and camping with your friends will be right around the corner again for you. God Bless.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby riverfront » Fri May 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Duke, you take care - health problems kept me away this year too but only half the problem you have - thank God.
Wish you progress and your happy face next year.
Bruce
riverfront
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Fri May 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Bruce maybe you can make the drive over to Thomson Causeway in September
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=22404
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Re: Cooler Near The Lake II

Postby BrwBier » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 am

I'm posting on old cooler near the lake threads to catch some people who might miss out.
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Midwest