Jackson, MI Hayes State Park Teardrop Campout

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Jackson, MI Hayes State Park Teardrop Campout

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:07 am

Teardrop Campout
Hayes State Park (South of Jackson, MI)
July 9th, 10th & 11th, 2004.
Potluck Saturday evening at 6:00PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Registration & Info
Name____________________________________
Address__________________________________
City_________________ State______ Zip_______
Email_____________________________________

Okay, lets have a quick and easy teardrop get together here... It seems to be centrally located to Ohio, Michigan and Illnois. Let me know if you want to join us, so I can get a head count and get several campsites close together.

Hayes State Park (W.J. Hayes,Irish Hills, Round Lake, Wamplers Lake)

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrai ... asp?id=454

W.J. Hayes State Park, in the heart of the Irish Hills, is bordered by a group of inland lakes frequented by anglers and boaters. The park's close proximity to Michigan International Speedway, crafts and antique shows and other attractions make Hayes State Park a prime tourist destination. The park is also newly handicapped accessible.

Hayes State Park is one of the system's oldest state parks. Dedicated in 1920, the park originally was named Cedar Hill State Park. The name changed when the Hayes family donated land to the park with the condition that it be renamed to honor Walter J. Hayes, a Michigan senator. The park has gone through many changes, but the major constant has been the attraction of Michigan's visitors to the recreational waters of Wamplers Lake.

Location Take US-12 nine miles west of Clinton to M-124. Go north on M-124 to the park entrance.
Last edited by mikeschn on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun May 30, 2004 4:17 pm

Ok Mike,
Got our reservation....Bob and I will be there!!! I'm bringing my ham equipment and maybe I can get some good contacts from the teardrop!
Bev

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:03 am

Hmmmm, it's amazing what one finds when one searches more of the site. LOL I had totally missed this section! As I said elsewhere, if we don't go to Cedar Point that weekend camping we'll try to attend this gathering. My husband has ham equipment too - he should drag it along so you folks can chat together. :)
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:23 pm

Did you also see the calendar section? It's up there in the top two rows of hot links! :toothy10:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:19 am

Well folks, here's a chance to see a teardrop or three in the Midwest. My surgery has been rescheduled till next week so we are headed out to Hayes State Park today.

As I understand it, Bev will be there with her Cubby, and Kurt will also be there. Anyone want to pop in and say hi? Come on over!!!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:31 am

You folks are gathering today (July 8th) rather than the 9th? We'll try to make it down during the day tomorrow to say hi. I don't think we can use our tear anymore since we have a deposit on it. Would like to check out the other rigs tho. Who knows, maybe we'd find out trailer sitting behind a shed during the drive down ... just waiting for a new home..

Rhonda

Postby ABXGuy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:42 pm

I see this is sticky as an Announcement.... are the dates accurate for 2004 or is it a typo and meant for 2005?

I'm from Northern Michigan and would be very interested in a gathering as such. I've organized similiar events for another group I belong to.
ABXGuy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:51 am

This was definitely 2004.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Hayes SP July 22-23 Reservation

Postby Al-Les-Palace » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:05 pm

A bit late to organize a get together, but we just reserved Site 27 at Hayes SP for weekend of July 22-23 (2005!!) for our CampInn. There was still an adjacent site as well as a few in the 30's still available this evening.

We are new to teardropping (since last Oct.). We attended the Tearup in the Adirondacks last month and had a good time seeing other trailers, talking, paddling, relaxing, etc.

Hayes is just an hour's drive for us and we used to make day trips for paddling in the Irish Hills before we learned of the quick setup and convenience of teardropping. With the trailer we can extend our day trips into weekends.

Most of the parks in Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan appear to be heavily booked the next few weeks.
Alan and Leslie
Vitals: 62 & 60
04 Camp Inn #0060
08 GMC Sierra
02 Chev Trailblazer
Al-Les-Palace
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Boodro » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:25 pm

Hey Al-Les-palace, where are you from? I am in Sylvania Ohio ,just about an hour from Hayes. I am on vacation this week , maybe I can get my honey dues done by Fri & get up there. any body else interested?? Can I reserve a site on the Net?
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:32 am

Hmmmm... let me talk it over with Bob. We're about 1 1/2 hours from Hayes and were there last year.
I'll get back with you.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Darn, we won't be able to make it.
My brother is coming to visit with his set of 7-year-old quints and they will be camping in BIG BIG tent. They want us to meet them North of here.
Decided any camping we do between now and then (if any) will have to be near home.

Hope you have fun! It's a nice campground.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Hayes SP July 22-23, 2005

Postby Al-Les-Palace » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:50 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting - we were at East Harbor SP this past weekend.

We live in Waterville.

The website for the Michigan State Park resevations is:
https://www.midnrreservations.com/campg ... search.cfm

We have reserved Site 27 Fri and Sat nites (July 22-23rd). A few minutes ago, site 29 (next to us) was available -also site 31 for Sat night only.- also site 38 a few down.

We've had a few private message exchanges with RavioliKid in Kalzmazoo who might stop by to see a teardrop - said they are planning to build one.
Alan and Leslie
Vitals: 62 & 60
04 Camp Inn #0060
08 GMC Sierra
02 Chev Trailblazer
Al-Les-Palace
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Boodro » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:02 pm

Hey Al m I have site 29 reserved for Fri& Sat nite. I should see ya Fri afternoon some time. It will probably be just me Fri nite & the wife & kids( 2 teens) come up Sat afternoon. See ya then. :thumbsup:
Any body else want to show up??? The more the merrier!! :applause: :applause:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ABXGuy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:12 am

I'd go camping with you all if it wasn't for 2 things.

1. Don't have my tear built yet
2. Already have prior commitment for that weekend

I sure will be interested in future Michigan gatherings!
ABXGuy
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Midwest