Salamonie Gathering near Huntington, IN

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:27 pm

http://itg1.meteor.wisc.edu/wxp_images/ ... es_h96.gif

My computer model shows Saturday to be OK. (for now) :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:13 pm

:thumbsup: I'll go by your forecasts

Still trying to get the hitch on the van
:oops: should have let someone do it I broke a bolt trying to take it off. I have one side bracket on now I just have to get the other one mounted and wired.
If I wasn't working on something right up till I left camping wouldn't be the same :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:13 pm

The forecast is all over the place. Be prepared for sun, clouds, rain and fun. Mostly fun.

I'm packing up tonight and will arrive Thursday about 2:00-3:00pm. I'm taking a bike to cruise around on as well as a fishing pole. My Indiana license is almost expired and it has lots of fish left in it. That's because I haven't caught very much this year. I'll blame it on Global Warming; it seem to work for everything else.

See you at Salamonie Lake. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:32 am

Got my Hitch on yesterday and lights wired went for a test pull last night pulls good. We'll probably be there around that same time, want to get there early so I can set up and relax.
:relaxing:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:11 am

Went shopping yesterday and got essential food supplies. Including :beer:

This afternoon I hope to get the TD loaded and ready to go. Hope to get there sometime mid afternoon on Friday. Should be a great weekend.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Luckey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Sounds great guys!We're packing up tonight mostly and then the rest in the morning. Trying to get the dogs stuff also, were droppin two off on the way. I hate to say it but just one is gonna be great!!! LOL I've been packed on the TD side of things for about three weeks...Misty says that I'm ocd about our camping gear.... I just like to be prepared. Were going to try to get up there around that time. Sounds like it'll be a great weekend. Is anyone bringing cards, and/or how many do we need? Just asking.. Can't wait to meet ya'll. Well gonna go, I have to mow.

Jarred
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:41 am

Just got home from Salamonie Lake. What a great outing. The "fire pie dinner" (Friday) was a big hit , the Bean soup & stew and cornbread, & (Scott's) apple cobbler dinner Saturday was great. The Waffle breakfast & sausage (Saturday), the Biscuts and spicey sausage gravy breakfast on Sunday were both excellent. Didn't even need lunch after those breakfasts.

We had lots of corn bread, breakfast sausage and eggs left over. The daily temperature was hot (& humid) but the evenings were very comfortable. Great for campfire chats.

Got to meet new friends and see some beautiful new teardrops. All in all, I'll give it an A+.

With these temperaures, we might be able to get in one more before the cold weather sets in. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Wonderful time, Thanks to everyone for putting up with my little ones they had a blast they're still talking about it

Here's a couple pics of the view and a link to some more, I didn't get many this time which is uncommon for me but here's what I got.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jscott83/SalimonieGathering
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby prohandyman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Check out the water level of the resevoir from a pic posted early in the planning stages!! I don't know what year it was taken. The shoreline is 150 feet from the rock cliff!!

Thanks everyone for a great time.
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:07 am

Dan ...

Old what's her name and I missed out on a good time and that game of hearts we promised you and the bride. Unfortunatly we were busy tightening up the Lexan roof and sorting out the clearance lights.
Heading for Florida Wed. P.M. and running out of time. To make matters worse she traded vehicles and we are trying to get a hitch for her 05 Scion XB ( a.k.a. The box ) . Our only excitment this weekend was Wally world. We had to have new curtains new sheets a bed sack, a mattress foam egg crate what-sha-ma-call-it. Spent more there than I did on the build. Oh well blast of T minus 51 hours.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:48 am

Great weekend everyone. Good food, good location, and even more important great company. :applause: :applause: :applause:

We could even say good weather but it was summer in October. At least we had no rain.

Great pictures Scott. :thumbsup: And how could I forget the great apple cobbler :)
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Thanks!

Postby Luckey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:52 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for making our first gathering a great one!Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I just can't wait to see everyone again, and see what ideas they have came up with. I know I have gottin alot more ideas and thoughts about what to do.

Thanks
Jarred and Misty
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

hi everyone

Postby big earl » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:05 pm

we sure had a good time, and it was nice to meet you all, cant wait till next time.
if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy
big earl
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Midwest