Salamonie Gathering near Huntington, IN

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Jst83 wrote:Don't care for cherry so it would have to be peach

and I promise to stay away from the bean deserts :gas:

http://www.burger.com/dodropcb.htm
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes ... 17,00.html
Good recipes for cobbler.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:57 am

Jst83 wrote:Welcome Earl this is starting to sound like a feast :twisted:

Still lots of room :thumbsup:

what's the matter nobody want next to 3 year old twins 8)
I promise I'll keep them on a leash :lol:
:thinking: Or maybe I'll bring the cat carrier

Hey Scott, my guess is that everyone is opting for waterfront real estate. That's what I did, and it looks like it is going fast.
I wonder what the other campers will think of our group of teardrops? At Turkey Run most of the visitors were other teardropers. I had visitors at every campground we stayed at on our Yellowstone trip. "Never saw one like that before." "Where did you get that?" "What's something like that go for?" And the question that made me feel best, "You built that??" :shocked:
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:49 am

Tripmaker wrote:
Jst83 wrote:what's the matter nobody want next to 3 year old twins 8)
I promise I'll keep them on a leash :lol:
:thinking: Or maybe I'll bring the cat carrier

Hey Scott, my guess is that everyone is opting for waterfront real estate. That's what I did, and it looks like it is going fast.
I wonder what the other campers will think of our group of teardrops? At Turkey Run most of the visitors were other teardropers. I had visitors at every campground we stayed at on our Yellowstone trip. "Never saw one like that before." "Where did you get that?" "What's something like that go for?" And the question that made me feel best, "You built that??" :shocked:

Good I thought it was me :lol: I picked my spot because it was full shade and I didn't really want to be next to the water with the boys.
But I think I like my spot I'm centraly located to everyone :thumbsup:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Had a great weekend (so far). I attended a "Car show/Air show" in Marion today, sponsored by the Marion High School Marching Band. It's the 17th year for the fund raiser including antique car and antique air planes. This year's "feature aircraft" was a 1957 Mig-17 that was made in China (sounds familiar) and flew out at Noon giving quite a show of sights and sounds. The pilot said it burns 1 gallon per minute at cruise but it sucks out 1 gallon per second with after burners on. WOW at $4.50 per gallon, that could get expensive (fast).

It was a great day!! Right now, I'm listening to the Purdue - Toledo football game. PU is thumping Toledo, but it wasn't always that way. U@T has been a demoralizer in many games against bigger apponents and you never really know what the final outcome will be.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend should be fun too. In preparation for the Salamonie gathering, I tried out my new "Hamburger" pie iron and in it was great! Good old wood fire cooked burgers have a taste of their own..
Have fun , and enjoy the moment, Kurt (enjoying every minute) :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Site 227 has been booked by my brother. He'll be joining or fun I think he's looking forward to seeing what teardroping is all about. I'm looking forward to it because it will be the first time in a long, long time I've been camping with my brother. This will be a test spending the weekend with him and his family :lol: , We're planning a week long trip to Myrtle beach with him and his family next June.

I know to much info :oops:
But I wanted to bump this thread back to the top so others might join us in the fun. :thumbsup:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:02 pm

Scott, good idea for a "test run" with your brother and his family. :lol: :lol: I'm sure it will be fun and he will get a sense of Teardropping first hand. Anxious to meet your brother and his family. :thumbsup:

Update (9/2/07) list for the Salamonie Gathering Oct 5-7.

220 Kurt

221 JohnfromIndy

222 Jim (Tripmaker)

224 Luckey

225 Scott

226 Earl

227 Scott's Brother

http://www.visithuntington.org/salamonie.htm

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properti ... ectric.pdf
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:07 pm

His Name is Eric and wife Chris

I'm looking up pie irons, That will be fun
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:42 pm

I was thinking that this weekend would have been great for camping with the nice days and cool nights. But then I went outside and was reminded of the instant mosquitoes we have in Indiana. Just add water. The rain last week produced a bumper crop of them and I was swarmed as soon as I went out. One good thing about the dry weather we had was no mosquitoes, at least for a while.

Kurt while you were at the show in Marion I went to the auction in Auburn. Lots of great cars as usual. I didn't see the teardrop that was there last year. I wonder if he sold it? I was able to save $160,000 yesterday. I didn't buy or bid on the Ferrari that Kruse said would look great in my garage. I told Cindi that I saved $160,000 and all she did was roll her eyes. :Oh Brother:
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Jst83 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Tripmaker wrote:I didn't buy or bid on the Ferrari that Kruse said would look great in my garage. I told Cindi that I saved $160,000 and all she did was roll her eyes. :Oh Brother:

Just as good I doubt it would pull a Teardrop anyway :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Tripmaker wrote:Kurt while you were at the show in Marion I went to the auction in Auburn. Lots of great cars as usual. I didn't see the teardrop that was there last year. I wonder if he sold it? I was able to save $160,000 yesterday. I didn't buy or bid on the Ferrari that Kruse said would look great in my garage. I told Cindi that I saved $160,000 and all she did was roll her eyes. :Oh Brother:

I saw the teardrop last year and also saw it on Ebay.
I like going to the auction but it pains me that I didn't hit the lottery. I could rally enjoy the weekend if I had.

Last year I stood next to a guy who bid $195,000 on a 1936 Packard. Obviously too much money on his hands. :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:15 am

Jst83 wrote:
Tripmaker wrote:I didn't buy or bid on the Ferrari that Kruse said would look great in my garage. I told Cindi that I saved $160,000 and all she did was roll her eyes. :Oh Brother:

Just as good I doubt it would pull a Teardrop anyway :lol:

Don't they come with trailer hitches? I would think that for $160K they would include a hitch.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Weekend!!!

Postby Luckey » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:59 pm

Hello all, how was ur weekend? Our's was great. we went camping up at her moms place. They had a band and fireworks and some food. Oh and some beer. we just got back home and I thought I'd jump on here and see what was going on. I think it's great that ur brother is coming up, and we can't wait to meet eveyone. Kurt, i seen ur son up there. We were on our way out so i couldn't stop. we were talkin all weekend about more idea's for our teardrop, and we might of found our theme. but we'll have to let ya know. well, i'm sleepy and it's time to eat. talk to ya'll later :thumbsup:
Luckey
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Weekend!!!

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Luckey wrote:Hello all, how was ur weekend? Our's was great. we went camping up at her moms place. They had a band and fireworks and some food. Oh and some beer. we just got back home and I thought I'd jump on here and see what was going on. I think it's great that ur brother is coming up, and we can't wait to meet eveyone. Kurt, i seen ur son up there. We were on our way out so i couldn't stop. we were talkin all weekend about more idea's for our teardrop, and we might of found our theme. but we'll have to let ya know. well, i'm sleepy and it's time to eat. talk to ya'll later :thumbsup:

Luckey, I've heard all about the band and the fireworks, the food, the beer, and the great time had by all.
My son really loves the boating the "hangin' out at the lake.

Get some rest. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Just thought I'd bounce this back up in case anyone else wants to join. still lots of room.

I just bought a Rome Double Pie Iron I'm so excited to use it I've been reading some of the recipes. I need to get another one though maybe 2 more

And Don't forget

Go Colts
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Jst83 wrote:
Go Colts

YES!!!!! :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"