Vay cay plans.......

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Vay cay plans.......

Postby WarPony » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:27 pm

My girlfriend Anna and I will be at Natural Bridge State Resort (KY), site B010 in the Middle Fork Campground from Aug. 11-14, 2007.

After that, we'll be at Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio from Aug. 14-17 at site 96.

Headin' to Columbus and going to the zoo for the weekend (staying at a hotel).

Feel free to come and visit/look/camp with us.

:thumbsup: Jeff, Anna and Maggie
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Well, the camping phase of our vacation is over and we had a GREAT time in both the Red River Gorge, KY and Hocking Hills, OH. I had more lookers in KY than I have ever had anywhere else and I think I gave out 4 or 5 addresses to the forum there!!!!

I had the pleasure of getting to meet Mark72 and see his Jim Dandy build in person. Great guy to talk to and he even "loaned" me some of his downed hickory branches which I used to smoke a wild boar shoulder in KY :twisted: !!!

We met some really great people in both states and the weather, for the most part, was good. I'll post some pics in the Highway Tales section when I get home. Spending the weekend in Columbus, OH before heading home on Sunday.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:20 pm

...sounds like it has been fun...be careful on the road home, Buddy :thumbsup: ......................................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby raprap » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:18 am

Did you take the tunnel to Nada and walk down the indian stairsteps?

Isn't the Red River unexpected--except for the lack of Mormons and the Rhododendrums it reminds me of Zion. It has similar spectacular rock structures and natural bridges, they're just masked by greenery.

One of my favorite places to camp there is Pumpkin Hollow--right by the Red River and being privately owned, you don't have to secret your longnecks like you do in the guv'ment camping areas.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:14 am

Rap, we did go through the Nada tunnel. That was really neat, kinda like driving down a dark hallway!! We didn't get to do any canoeing because the rivers were really low.

:thinking: We didn't hear about any Indian steps........

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 pm

Jeff, Sorry to hear you and Anna didn't get to go canoeing. The river here has been too low to go also. Sounds like you all had fun anyway. I wish you could have stayed a little while and enjoyed a sit around the fire ring and a few cold ones. Maybe some other time. It might have been a little too hot anyway. Be good.

Mark :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Mark72 wrote:I wish you could have stayed a little while and enjoyed a sit around the fire ring and a few cold ones.

Thanks for letting us come by and visit. I'll tell you what, you have a PERFECT spot for a small gathering!! That area around the fire ring is REALLY sweet!!!

I did knock back some frosty, cold ones when we hit the campground in KY :thumbsup: .

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:25 pm

War Pony wrote..

I'll tell you what, you have a PERFECT spot for a small gathering!!

Jeff, you must be a mind reader. I may test the waters for a spring gathering. The canoe rental down the road is almost within walking distance. There is a amish goods store a short drive from here and plenty space here for everyones rigs. I need to finish my walking trail in the woods behind the house.

Mark :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Return to Midwest