Winter Camping Brown County Indiana (We made it)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby prohandyman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Fire food is ok with me. I have the micro-nuker on board also. Thinking of making sausage and eggs sunday am. Anyone game?
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:34 pm

prohandyman wrote:Fire food is ok with me. I have the micro-nuker on board also. Thinking of making sausage and eggs sunday am. Anyone game?

If I were staying over Saturday, I'd make a big stack of "Crunchy" waffles with the fixins'.

BUT!!

Sunday morning I'll do the same thing at home, but I'll be thinking about you guys. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby prohandyman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:38 pm

At the current forecast of 5 deg below zero - we will be thinking of you, eating those waffles inside. :twisted: warming hands!!!
Dan
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:06 pm

prohandyman wrote:At the current forecast of 5 deg below zero - we will be thinking of you, eating those waffles inside. :twisted: warming hands!!!

He's thinks he's teasing us, but he really wishes he were going to be there :lol:
But the waffles do sound good
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:04 pm

Boy don't like the weather in Indiana just wait a day it will change
17/4 flurries and wind 30% chance of presip

OK we are nuts
Click here for weather update

bobhenry wrote:76 and sunny , 76 and sunny :worship:

I keep repeating it but it doesn't seem to be working
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby prohandyman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Cold camping???? I thought you said OLD camping, and I will break the half century mark this year! :cry: :cry:
What happened to your Colts figure? :(
Dan
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 pm

prohandyman wrote:Cold camping???? I thought you said OLD camping, and I will break the half century mark this year! :cry: :cry:
What happened to your Colts figure? :(

Ooo your bones will feel the cold this weekend. Don't worry mine will also
Good thing your easy up has sides I'm thinking of getting sides for mine or at least zip tieing tarps around the sides 6x8 would fit perfect.

As far as the colts guy I'm giving him him a needed break he did a good job now he's resting He'll be back though. :( but not soon enough
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby prohandyman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Iv'e got hot chocolate, hot tea bags, and a coffee maker for anyone that wants coffee. Dont break your car with wood - Iv'e got the back of the truck loaded with wood.
Dan
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote: If I were staying over Saturday, I'd make a big stack of "Crunchy" waffles with the fixins'.

BUT!!

Sunday morning I'll do the same thing at home, but I'll be thinking about you guys. :thumbsup:

We collectively have one thing to say about that ........Image

BIG CHICKEN ( the one in the picture)
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:02 am

Old what's her name announced Tuesday A.M. No way in Hell !!!

I told her I'd miss her !

Crawled in bed at 11:00 Tuesday night and had changed her mind !

Who knows ??/

Update ...The pot belly stove niche looks to be all but functional. Bringing the ac oil heater as a backup.

Bringing a monster pot of chili for all. Will have it done and ready in case we arrive hungry.

Dinner has got to be something special I'm still thinking on that but the'll be enough for pot luck.

Sunday A.M.

If the faint hearted one comes along we will make biscuits and gravy for all to go with the eggs and sausage.

If she craps out I will pan fry a bunch of corn meal mush ( Hell I might anyway that sounds good )

Might even try out my new cast iron waffle iron IN KURT"S HONOR if everyone promises not to laugh at the test results !

Sunday just before blast off Left over frozen chili popsickles just kidding we can warm it up in Dan's nuck - a - wave. ( Ah to have all the toys like the rich folk some day )
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:03 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote: If I were staying over Saturday, I'd make a big stack of "Crunchy" waffles with the fixins'.

BUT!!

Hmmmmmm.. :twisted: Maybe I'll show up at Kurt's house for his now world famous waffles. We can think about you guys using a hammer & chisel to break the frozen coffee out of your mugs. Here is an idea, put a stick in it then warm the outside of the cup and it should slide out like a popsicle. :lol:

Actually I kinda wish I was going. You guys will have fun.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 am

Tripmaker wrote: We can think about you guys using a hammer & chisel to break the frozen coffee out of your mugs. Here is an idea, put a stick in it then warm the outside of the cup and it should slide out like a popsicle. :lol:

Actually I kinda wish I was going. You guys will have fun.

MUHMMMM !! Frozen coffee popsickles and frozen left over frozen chili on a stick. Just ain't nuttin' too good for the extreme team.

P.S. I was instructed to buy a pair of long underware and a stocking cap for old what's her name BY old what's her name. I think she's getting serious ( or at least as crazy as the rest of us) .
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:36 am

bobhenry wrote:P.S. I was instructed to buy a pair of long underware and a stocking cap for old what's her name BY old what's her name. I think she's getting serious ( or at least as crazy as the rest of us) .

Nothing like having a woman along to keep you warm at night. When I brought up the subject I got "The Look" and a "do whatever you want to do" followed by some unintelligible comment about being nuts.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 am

Tripmaker wrote:
bobhenry wrote:P.S. I was instructed to buy a pair of long underware and a stocking cap for old what's her name BY old what's her name. I think she's getting serious ( or at least as crazy as the rest of us) .

Nothing like having a woman along to keep you warm at night. When I brought up the subject I got "The Look" and a "do whatever you want to do" followed by some unintelligible comment about being nuts.

I didn't say that she has not accused us of being crazy a multitude of times because she has , it's just that she don't get out much and is just desperate. :D
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:54 am

Jst83 wrote:Here you go Bob what do you think?
Ask and ye shall receive. :lol:

I was looking for the link to brown county state park for a park map and I stumbled over this. Some how I missed it ! Really sums it up don't it.

I'm not even gonna take my teeth out they might chatter in the cup and keep me awake !!! :lol:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest