Steve & Peggy of Chehalis, WA Loose Everything In Flood

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Steve & Peggy of Chehalis, WA Loose Everything In Flood

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 am

This was in my email today. They live on a beautiful piece of land and last summer we watched a steam train go by their home. This is a really great couple, I wish them well. Danny
Hello everyone - It is with a heavy heart that the report on the status of Steve and Peggy B*****'s home in Chehalis is very, very bad. They have lost everything to the recent floodwaters. Past floods have never reached their house. This one had more than a couple of feet inside the house. All the cars were lost. The tractors and other farm equipment are gone. The Spartan trailer they recently purchased and were in the process of restoring for future placement on recreational property was destroyed and actually moved from where it was parked. Their teardrop trailer was ruined. Steve says the Model A will be resurrected - it's one he's owned since he was 16. Water reached the seat in that car.
What a tragedy - especially in their retirement years and just before Christmas. They sure need our thoughts and good wishes!!

Sadly reporting - Marty

Our good friends Steve and Peggy B**** were attending a conference in San Diego when the storm hit Chehalis. They were to travel to Mexico for a warm vacation, when they heard that their property had been flooded. According to Marty Boehme, who somehow got through to them, B*****s' animals are safe because they weren't at home, but their home, outbuildings, and ALL their vehicles are damaged. I will forward any news we receive to you ASAP. In the meantime, keep Steve and Peggy and all the others who suffered loss in your prayers. Rod and Trudy
This is what their teardrop looked like this past 4 th of July.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:17 pm

...damnitman...I sure hate to hear that...that was a fine looking tear, not mention the loss/disruption of EVERYTHING else...I sure hope they don't have the insurance hassles that folks that get flooded out down here do...............
madjack 8)

p.s. Steve and Peggy...if you ever get time to read this, know that our heartfelt wishes go out to you two...if there is anything this community can do for you. please let us know...........MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Midwest