Indiana Gatherings for 2008

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:01 am

Jst83 wrote:I've got an easy up that took a hit in the last storm It's kind of twisted so the top won't go on it could be used for the screen if needed so no one has to loose their shelter

I have a thought that can be kept on the back burner for now. Depending on weather (which will be good as Kurt's luck *knock on wood* will never run out) I have the 10X20 with roof and sides that can be turned into a temporary theater with screen at one end projector at the other and camping chairs in the middle. With some rope lights, it would be a minature of the real thing. Sort of like our camping trailers. We will watch the weather but it's there as an option if needed. I also have a stereo tuner that I keep in the garage that can be brought for sound if it can be hooked up to projector. Looks like we are going to be in the 40's at night and being inside shelter may be a nice way to go!
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Jst83 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:13 am

:thumbsup: Very good idea Jeff,
:lol: T&TTT Teardrops & Tiny Traveling Theater
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:31 am

Sorry everyone but I don't have Scott's expertise in the art of photo shop! :lol:

Thanks Scott for fixing my train wreck!!!!! :applause:

Last edited by Nitroxjunkie71 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Jst83 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Here you go Jeff the picture of your TTT

Camping last night was great, a little chilly huge fire. What more could you want.

Amy's already packing for Salamonie, we've got sitters lined up so it will be just me and her.
My brother and his wife will be joining us again this year.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby prohandyman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Cool looking theater. Camped last night? Where? I am planning to go next weekend to the Newport hill climb and camp. Meeting Jim Linder there. He has been a tremendous help with the '47. When do you plan to arrive at Salamonie?
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:54 pm

prohandyman wrote:Cool looking theater. Camped last night? Where? I am planning to go next weekend to the Newport hill climb and camp. Meeting Jim Linder there. He has been a tremendous help with the '47. When do you plan to arrive at Salamonie?

Dan, you will have a "ball" at Newport. I miss going but there isn't enough time to do everything.

Have fun.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:34 pm

prohandyman wrote:Cool looking theater. Camped last night? Where? I am planning to go next weekend to the Newport hill climb and camp. When do you plan to arrive at Salamonie?

My mothers back yard :lol:
Mine and my brothers family pulled our campers out to her property and burnt a huge pile of brush then cute down a bunch more, so we'll have to do it again.

Probably about 1 or 2 ish. It will depend on when my mother arrives to baby sit.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 am

We backyard camped Friday night. Bonfire and all. Was quite pleasant.

I have an elderly man I have befriended and I stop 1 or 2 times a week on the way home and have a beer with him. Well , Sunday we called to be sure he would be home and loaded up the teardrop and went over and made him Sunday dinner right out of the back of the trailer. Meat loaf mashed potatoes and gravey A 14" dutch oven full of homemade bread peas and sliced tomatoes. We had a couple folks stop to check out the rig and a dozen others going by about broke their necks lookin'. We had a great time swapin' lies.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:26 am

Bob, I think of everyone else, other than my kids, as being elderly too. :lol: :lol: :lol: But, what's this gray hair I see in the mirror? :o

OK guys I measured the screen. Sort of. It's 70" wide. That's wide not diagonal. I couldn't measure the height as I don't have anything to hang it from. Let me know if you want me to bring it. Or I could just bring it anyway. It is one of those reflective screens so we should have a bright picture. I better open it up though because I have not used it in 15 years. I'll check it out and let you know.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:00 am

Tripmaker wrote:Bob, I think of everyone else, other than my kids, as being elderly too. :lol: :lol: :lol: But, what's this gray hair I see in the mirror? :o

I'm 58 and the beard is gray and I wasn't taking pot shots at anyone :lol:
This old boy is a 3 time cancer survivor has an electric larnyx after the found his was cancerous and removed its. There is not a whole lot left of him but fiestyness that is why I was kinda drawn to him. Almost totally chair bound he sets in his garage winter and summer and on the good days with the door up he waves at everyone that goes by. That is not much of a life. Thought we would give him a little thrill and a story to tell his friends about a toy trailer that makes good home cooked meals. :thumbsup:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 am

bobhenry wrote:
Tripmaker wrote:Bob, I think of everyone else, other than my kids, as being elderly too. :lol: :lol: :lol: But, what's this gray hair I see in the mirror? :o

I'm 58 and the beard is gray and I wasn't taking pot shots at anyone :lol:
This old boy is a 3 time cancer survivor has an electric larnyx after the found his was cancerous and removed its. There is not a whole lot left of him but fiestyness that is why I was kinda drawn to him. Almost totally chair bound he sets in his garage winter and summer and on the good days with the door up he waves at everyone that goes by. That is not much of a life. Thought we would give him a little thrill and a story to tell his friends about a toy trailer that makes good home cooked meals. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean. I have a friend in his late 70's fiesty as they come. We went to a wedding and he wore my wife out dancing. He still hunts on a regular basis and could out pace most people half his age. He could also teach most college guys a lot about drinking whiskey. Yeah I'm 58 too but think of myself as being 28. I believe that just because I'm getting older doesn't mean I have to act old. Then my wife tells me I shouldn't act like I'm 19. :roll:

"When you see the gray in your hair, think of all the fun you had putting it there." Jerry Lee Lewis
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 am

LOOKS LIKE KURT DID IT AGAIN !!!

highs in the high 60's to lower 70's and lows in the mid 40's ( Good snugglin' weather)

20% chance of persipitation :thumbsup:

Salamonie here we come !!!!
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:22 am

bobhenry wrote:LOOKS LIKE KURT DID IT AGAIN !!!

highs in the high 60's to lower 70's and lows in the mid 40's ( Good snugglin' weather)

20% chance of persipitation :thumbsup:

Salamonie here we come !!!!

That sounds good to me. Much better than last year's 100% chance of perspiration. :fan:
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Tripmaker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 am

Did we ever figure out what to bring for Saturday night pot-luck? I know there was lots of talk about beans and by-products. I could make a crock of ham & beans again or how about pulled pork?

Jim
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:00 am

Tripmaker wrote:Did we ever figure out what to bring for Saturday night pot-luck? I know there was lots of talk about beans and by-products. I could make a crock of ham & beans again or how about pulled pork?

Jim

You may not want to mention Pork too loud after Madison Ribberfest. There was a pig pigout if there ever was one. :lol:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest