CNTL II Potluck List

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Claw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Maybe we don't need a big 20 cup pot. If we have a few 12 cuppers going we should be able to stay ahead of the crowd. I have a 12 cup pot I can bring also. (I hope the electrical can handle a few pots). I use a french press typically but mine is only good for a few cups. Looks like our coffee fix will be satisfied. Bring your own mug! :coffee:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

coffee maker

Postby pigcooker » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 pm

I've got a 55 cup brewer, I'll bring it.
Doug :D
pigcooker
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Re: coffee maker

Postby SaGR » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:50 pm

pigcooker wrote:I've got a 55 cup brewer, I'll bring it.
Doug :D

I should've known you'd have a big one! :lol:
Building a small bowtop Vardo
Build thread: http://tinyurl.com/yk4hnmd

Generic Benroy: Sold to FIL/MIL
SaGR
The 300 Club

Postby Muskrat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:20 am

I have to set the record straight on the waffle iron seasoning issue. Tom is the one who gave us the heads up on the proper seasoning after I had a near disaster my first time of making waffles. Thanks Tom!

Whatever size coffeemaker is decided upon we have our coffee mugs all ready packed in the Tear Drop.

See you all soon!
Muskrat
Teardrop Builder

Postby TLC » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Muskrat wrote:I have to set the record straight on the waffle iron seasoning issue. Tom is the one who gave us the heads up on the proper seasoning after I had a near disaster my first time of making waffles. Thanks Tom!

Whatever size coffeemaker is decided upon we have our coffee mugs all ready packed in the Tear Drop.

See you all soon!

Nancy:
Your welcome. Seasoning it was easy for me, it's making the waffles I'm worried about. I know you got it down to a science. I still haven't tried making them on the camper stove. Time permitting, I'll try a couple tomorrow and see how it goes.
I still don't know for sure if I'll be able to attend, time will tell!!
Coffee mugs? What about the wine glasses?
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 am

Wow Betsy, that's an impressive menu for "Pot Luck".

I've been to restaurants that aren't that organized.

Ours are a little more "informal" but we always have sausage biscuits & gravy and waffles with whipped cream and fruit on top for breakfast. Usually there is a really good home made coffee cake too.

Our main "Pot Luck" has lots of DO cooked breads and other entrees for dinner. It usually turns to a "Food Fest". That's OK with me. :applause:

I've always enjoyed eating but these gatherings are like going to Heaven for $25 per night. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:37 am

Kurt,

Please don't think all of our gathering's meals are that "organized." :no:
This was last year's potluck breakfast & dinner. It was a big group and there were a lot of people wondering what everyone else was going to bring or what types of things might be needed, so it just seemed easier to post a separate thread with the list.

Our potluck list for this year (although it has the same list of options) is not quite as intense. However, it is a bit more exotic as some of us have talked about DO dishes that include jackalope, camel and lutefisk. :shock:

As far as organization...um, I think anyone who knows me will attest to that being one of my (for lack of a better word) obsessions. :roll: :lol:
Well, that and the fact that I do a lot of dinner parties and group dinners. Occupational hazard... :wine:

Usually, we, like you, just show up and bring whatever offering we have at the time. A bit more spontaneous and low key. Oh, and the element of surprise is always fun. :)

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Midwest