Cooler Near The Lake 3

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby packerz4 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:12 am

Betsey wrote:
Claw wrote:It is getting close, I better get the door and windows in the TD this weekend and finish the other little details of my winter refurb.

Not sure what we're taking yet...don't even ask what's happening to our teardrop at the moment, it's not pretty. :cry: (But hopefully, one day it will be again.) :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)

I can't resist, what's happening to your teardrop at the moment? Pics are appreciated!

(come on, the rest of us show our troubles!)

:)

Tam
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
packerz4
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Let's just say, she's getting her 70,000+ mile check up and she's out of commission for a bit... :o

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BrwBier » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Is anyone that is coming to Kohler/Andrae from or near or going through Warrenville, IL. If so please get in touch with me this week. I have something I need delivered to Two Brothers Brewing.
Thanks
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BrwBier » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Only one week to wait. So far the weather sounds way better than last year, but we all know how the weather people lie to us. I have a request for everyone coming to Cooler Near The Lake III. Please keep track of how far you drove to get here, how long it took you to get here and just generally things like that. Check with me at site #2 when you get here and you are all on the honor system.
Thanks
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey everyone....can't wait till friday. Was out at Kohler last Tues, got my annual stickers and drove though the campground.....guess what? No snow to be found. Yea! The rangers were even telling me they were turning on the water that day to the bathouse and showers too. Tim sorry to hear about your dog but glad he is feeling better. We will miss you. Found a really cool prize for the raffle....Looking forward to great fun and meeting new and old friends again. :D
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby Teardrop from Illinois » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:19 pm

hi everyone, alan and i are looking forward to friday. it has been a long several days. just so you won't be surprised by how "big" our teardrop is.... we aren't coming with it this year. my dad has flown unexpectantly in from germany due to a death in the family and he would like to come camping with us....... so we are coming with our other vintage trailer so we can all sleep in it. i know our teardrop is big but not that big for three people.
Teardrop from Illinois
Teardrop Inspector

We're coming to visit!

Postby OuttaHand » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:19 pm

My wife and I, (and probably my folks) are planning to come to visit on Saturday sometime.
We've got a plan and the Harbor Freight trailer and we're planning to get started on the build any time now.

I'm hoping to meet some of you folks and take a look at some TD's up close. Would love to talk with all of you home builders and get any nuggets of wisdom and advice you might have to share. Interested in seeing different galley designs, construction details, etc.

Are most of you going to be around the campground on Saturday? Do I remember there is a shelter near the site where I might find some of you? Would you be available to give show-n-tells of your TD's?

Also -- We will probably be doing a couple geocaches near the park if anyone is interested in joining us.
Teardrop newbie but camping "oldster"
OuttaHand
Teardrop Master

Postby Claw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 pm

There will definitely be people around to show off their TD. It really is a great gathering to view them as it is well attended. If you can, plan on sticking around for the potluck as there is always a lot of food.
Looking forward to meeting you :)
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Dark Horse » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 pm

We are going to try and stop by on Saturday as well. Meet Ya'll and see how some of the designs work vs appearance in pics if you don't mind.
I like anything that turns money into noise.
Dark Horse
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I hope everyone has a great time at CNTL. Baron and I both wish we could be there too, but after getting Baron back from the Veterinarian today, I know that I'm doing the right thing by not coming. We hope to see you all real soon.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Dark Horse:
The more the merrier!

Tim:
I wish you were coming. :(
I am real sorry about Baron, but I wish him best of luck, so does Elffy, Jackie and Bear.

Dianne :thumbsup:
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:42 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:Dark Horse:
The more the merrier!

Tim:
I wish you were coming. :(
I am real sorry about Baron, but I wish him best of luck, so does Elffy, Jackie and Bear.

Dianne :thumbsup:

Thanks Dianne. As soon as we can get Baron's diabetes problems and heart problems under control, we will be able to make the longer trips. Pet Elffy, Jackie and Bear for me.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby BrwBier » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Well cooler (and wetter) near the lake is over for another year. I never imagined the weather would be that bad and I hope everyone got through it OK. That's the bad part, now the good part. We saw lots of old friends and made lots of new friends. It is the first gathering I know of that included a beer and wine tasting. Two brewers and one vintner brought homemade adult beverages for everyone to try, and it was all very good. One not too popular event was the leak test for all teardrops. Mine passed and I hope most others did, sorry to those who did not pass. The door prise giveaway on Saturday night was fun, thanks to all who brought items and thanks to Camp-Inn for donating the two grand prises. They were some very nice chairs. Only six miles was the differance between the two in the running for driving the farthest to get there at about 350 miles. We also had a visiter from Germany camping with us for the weekeng. Two vintage trailers were there, one a 1947 and a 1953, that was nice to see. The breakfast potluck seems to be a favorite of many and of course the supper potluck provided more food than could be eaten. I hope some will post pictures as I didn't get very many.
Thanks to all who came.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Zollinger » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for letting us attend with our standy! We had alot of fun watching the teardrops pulling in. Just wish the weather would have a little better. :rainy: Would of liked to check out a few more of the trailers but the rain never let up. Well it did, just long enough for the DO cooking for the pot luck. Which by the way was excellent! We are still stuffed a day later.

Dawn & Scott

P.S. I took about 60 or so pics. We are toying with the idea of making a youtube movie.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Make the Youtube movie!! Then I have proof that these things are actually used!!

:thumbsup:

I had a great time. I didn't have a leak, I had condinsation, which ruined some stuff on the inside, but that is just temporary...it can be fixed.

Hope everyone else had fun.

See you all around!

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest