New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Calling all Minnesotans and Wisconsinites (and any of our "adopted" friends :) )...

As of last night, Lori (aka kayaklover) and I have "offically" started a Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter of Tearjerkers. We will share the responsibility as Co-Directors. Many thanks to Todd for allowing us to do so. :applause:

Check it out:

http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=37

We are still in the process of finalizing a name and logo.

Any suggestions for names is greatly appreciated....

Also, if you aren't a member of Tearjerkers yet, please join us! :)

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:01 pm

The OOFTA and CHEESE Chapter. ????? :lol:
Growing older but not up !
User avatar
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club
 
Posts: 10142
Images: 2439
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 am
Location: INDIANA, LINDEN

Re: New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby elmo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Betsey wrote:Calling all Minnesotans and Wisconsinites (and any of our "adopted" friends :) )...

As of last night, Lori (aka kayaklover) and I have "offically" started a Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter of Tearjerkers. We will share the responsibility as Co-Directors. Many thanks to Todd for allowing us to do so. :applause:

Check it out:

http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=37

We are still in the process of finalizing a name and logo.

Any suggestions for names is greatly appreciated....

Also, if you aren't a member of Tearjerkers yet, please join us! :)

Betsey 8)


Hi Betsey!!

Can I be in charge of the super secret handshake!! :)
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
User avatar
elmo
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4484
Images: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
Top

Re: New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby packerz4 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 pm


Hi Betsey!!

Can I be in charge of the super secret handshake!! :)


yeah, and i'll make up the secret password!!!

woo hoo!
~ Go Packers! ~
www.2bagalot.com
User avatar
packerz4
Donating Member
 
Posts: 605
Images: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Elcho, WI
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Hey Betsey, Maybe you should post this in the North Central portion of this forum too. It seems that Minnesota is in that part of this forum.
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Hey Elmo and Packerz4,

Are you going to the first official Minnesota / Wisconsin Tearjerkers gathering at Black River this month?
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Postby elmo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:32 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:Hey Elmo and Packerz4,

Are you going to the first official Minnesota / Wisconsin Tearjerkers gathering at Black River this month?


Unfortunitely I work about 2 days a year and one of the days is on the 20th and a wedding the night before that! :(

Not sure what is worse...missing the gathering or having a wedding the night before with a open bar and having to be a support vehicle for the Titletown Bicycle Tour at 6am....no drinks for me!
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
User avatar
elmo
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4484
Images: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
Top

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 pm

bobhenry wrote:The OOFTA and CHEESE Chapter. ????? :lol:


Actually, believe it or not, the Uffda and Cheese Chapter (as well as the Lefse and Cheese Chapter) had crossed my (slightly) deranged mind! :lol: It would be fitting, seeing as Craig (my husband) is a Minnesotan and goes by the nickname Ole. :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
Last edited by Betsey on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Re: New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:53 pm

elmo wrote:
Can I be in charge of the super secret handshake!! :)


packerz4 wrote:
yeah, and i'll make up the secret password!!!

woo hoo!


I can think of no one better than you two for such high security duties and I'm sure Lori would agree. :lol:

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:55 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:Hey Betsey, Maybe you should post this in the North Central portion of this forum too. It seems that Minnesota is in that part of this forum.


Just finished doing that...Thanks!

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Betsey wrote:
bobhenry wrote:The OOFTA and CHEESE Chapter. ????? :lol:


Actually, believe it or not, the Uffda and Cheese Chapter (as well as the Lefse and Cheese Chapter) had crossed my (slightly) deranged mind! :lol: It would be fitting, seeing as Craig (my husband) is a Minneostan and goes by the nickname Ole. :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)


I new there was something I liked about Craig! :lol:
Tim

Image
User avatar
TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1558
Images: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Saint Michael, MN
Top

Re: New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby elmo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Betsey wrote:
elmo wrote:
Can I be in charge of the super secret handshake!! :)


packerz4 wrote:
yeah, and i'll make up the secret password!!!

woo hoo!


I can think of no one better than you two for such high security duties and I'm sure Lori would agree. :lol:

Betsey 8)


packerz4 we may have to get together at a local establishment to discuss options...hmmmmm!!! :thinking:
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
User avatar
elmo
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4484
Images: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
Top

Re: New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:01 pm

elmo wrote:
packerz4 we may have to get together at a local establishment to discuss options...hmmmmm!!! :thinking:


Such a covert operation would need a location with a high security clearance....Denny's comes to mind.... :roll:

Why do I keep getting images of a 3 stooges sketch when I think of you two coming up with a secret handshake? :thinking:

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Re: New Tearjerkers Minnesota/Wisconsin Chapter!

Postby elmo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Betsey wrote:

Why do I keep getting images of a 3 stooges sketch when I think of you two coming up with a secret handshake? :thinking:

Betsey 8)


Image Image
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
User avatar
elmo
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4484
Images: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
Top

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:15 pm

"Lands of Many Lakes" Chapter. ------ A take off of the Minesota slogan that so many Wisconsinites point out that we actually have more, but then America's Dairland is actually 3rd or 4th on the list.

"Paul Bunyon Chapter" ------ Don't both of our states colleges covet his "Axe" in an annual battle on the grid iron. Both states have a heritage in logging also.

"The Rodent Chapter" ----- Golden Gophers and Badgers.

"Uff Dah Chapter" ----- If you know what lefse is then you know what to say when your gum falls in the chicken pen.

"Wissota Chapter"






In all seriousness though I actually personally like the Paul Bunyon Chapter as it would lend a lot of fun to the contrast between the TALL legend and the TINY trailers.

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

Image

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
User avatar
Gary and Cheri
500 Club
 
Posts: 818
Images: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, Burlington
Top

Next

Return to Midwest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests