Crappy mid-west weather

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Crappy mid-west weather

Postby grassland » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:05 pm

for camping that is. Went to the U.P. in June and when we got out of the car, there was a cloud of misquitos around the teardrop and a cloud of flys around the car! Raining every other day.

Last year was perfect, no misquitos, no flys, only nats not too bad.

This site confirms the emperical...

http://www.upfishing.com/bug.html

Anyone know if things in the U.P. have gotten any better since June?? I'd like to try again in beginning of august.

Thanks
grassland
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Let me know what you find out in August. As soon as I get the ET campable I want to go at least to Harrisville, and possibly as far as Paradise!

Mike...

P.S. This link is for Heikki, now that I know what kind of flies those were in the UP! :o
http://upfishing.com/stable_flies.php
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 am

Were south of you but were wet too !

The dog and I went to our campground last weekend and got there very late so after getting a fire going went almost straight to bed. Got up in the AM and fixed sausage and eggs by the time it was done and we ate ( yeah the dog had sausage and eggs too) I had given 2 1/2 quarts of blood. Portions of the campground have been underwater twice this year.
This weekend Crawfordsville IN set a new record 5.6 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. MONTHLY average rainfall in July is only 5.1.

How long is a cubit anyway ?
Last edited by bobhenry on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:38 am

bobhenry wrote:How long is a cubit anyway ?

Let's see, I used to know that :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Claw » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Jst83 wrote:
bobhenry wrote:How long is a cubit anyway ?

Let's see, I used to know that :lol:

Isn't cubit the flying dude with a bow and arrow, I think he shoots mosquitos :lol:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm

You really don't want to know what a cubit is, do you? :?

Okay, for you nostalgic types...

The cubit is among the first recorded units of length used by an ancient people.

The earliest attested standard measure was called the Royal Cubit (Mahe) and was 523.5 to 524 mm (20.61 to 20.63 inches) in length, and was subdivided into 7 palms of 4 digits, giving a 28 part measure in total. Secure evidence for this unit is known from architecture, from at least as early as the construction of the Step Pyramid of Djoser from around 2,700 B.C.

And if you want to know more than that... there's more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubit

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby cs_whypt2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:43 pm

mikeschn wrote:You really don't want to know what a cubit is, do you? :?

Okay, for you nostalgic types...

The cubit is among the first recorded units of length used by an ancient people.

The earliest attested standard measure was called the Royal Cubit (Mahe) and was 523.5 to 524 mm (20.61 to 20.63 inches) in length, and was subdivided into 7 palms of 4 digits, giving a 28 part measure in total. Secure evidence for this unit is known from architecture, from at least as early as the construction of the Step Pyramid of Djoser from around 2,700 B.C.

And if you want to know more than that... there's more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubit

Mike...

And that is why we no longer know what it is...
;)
Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Return to Midwest