5th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Camp outt

Postby dwe » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Cheryl and I will be there. One S and one XL

Dennis
If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It Isn't Big Enough!
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Alrighty....

Time to start letting me know what you plan on bringing for the potluck Saturday evening (i.e. fruit salad, wheat rolls and butter. Be creative - appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, breads, etc ). :picnic:

Remember, dessert (home made ice cream and DO cobblers) will be provided. :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to do coffee, please let me know. Otherwise, you are welcome to prepare your own. :coffee:

Portion reminder: When you make a dish, plan on it feeding about 6-8 people and that should make enough for everyone without a ton of leftovers. If you are making a DO dish and using a 12" one, that can feed A LOT of people! :yes:

I will update the list as people let me know what they are bringing.

Betsey 8)

Saturday Night Potluck

:coffee: Coffee - Duke :coffee:

Appetizers
Bean Dip, Chips & Salsa - Jack & Nancy
Shrimp Cocktail - Tim & Baron

Breads
DO Beer Bread - Darrel & Joanne
DO Bread - Tina & Jerry (maybe)

Main Dishes
DO Hot Dish/Casserole - Darrel & Joanne
Turkey - Jim & Sue
Corn Casserole - Carol
BBQ Grd Beef & Beans - Steve & Luanne
Sloppy Joes & buns - Dennis & Faye
Chicken Italian w/rice - Tina & Jerry
Rocky Mountain Casserole - Duke
BBQ Goose Balls - Dennis & Cheryl

Side Dishes
Chips - Dennis & Faye
Napa Salad - Duke
DO Side Dish - Brian & Julie
DO Dirty Rice - Mike
Potato Salad - Jim
Strawberry 3 Layer Salad - Dale & Vicki
Chips & Cookies - Deb & Jacki

Desserts
DO Cobblers & Home made ice cream will be provided
Last edited by Betsey on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:46 am, edited 12 times in total.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Betsy,
Put me down for a 2xl shirt and also will do corn casserole for the potluck.

Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby LMNTL2 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 pm

HOT DISH/ BBQ GRD. BEEF AND BEANS

SEE YA ON FRI. NIGHT
STEVE AND LUANNE
LMNTL2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ratfinkster » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Homemade Sloppy Joes, buns and chips.

:picnic:

Dennis & Faye
Ratfinkster
Teardrop Advisor

food

Postby tjx » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Betsey,

Put us down for a chicken Italian-o dish ;)
with side of rice.

If I get brave, maybe I'll try bread or something.

tina
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby BJRx5 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:51 am

We'll make a DO side dish.
Every year it seems as though something has come up in the end that made it impossible for us to attend, with only 5 days remaining, we are still on! Hurray!! I didn't order shirts either, just in case, they better not be too cool!

Julie (and Brian)
BJRx5
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Betsey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:38 pm

BJRx5 wrote:We'll make a DO side dish.
Every year it seems as though something has come up in the end that made it impossible for us to attend, with only 5 days remaining, we are still on! Hurray!! I didn't order shirts either, just in case, they better not be too cool!

Julie (and Brian)

And, unlike the first time you came to a Camp-Inn Camp-Outt, you finally get to attend with a teadrop in tow! :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Potluck

Postby dwe » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Cheryl and I will bring Goose something???? :thinking: Don't know what but it will have goose in it. I will check out the internet this week.

We will be arriving on Thursday evening.

Looking forward to seeing you all. Lets all hope for good weather.

Dennis
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby Muskrat » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 am

VanOeverens' will bring an appetizer - bean dip (made in my cast iron skillet) and chips & salsa.

By the way Tina's Italian chicken is delicious :thumbsup:.
It even tastes good for breakfast with few eggs added.

Jack & Nancy
Muskrat
Teardrop Builder

Postby LMNTL2 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Betsey,

Since it's our first time to castle rock park and a gathering, I was wondering which Area (A or B ) everyone will be in and are there certain site's for the group or do we just find a camp site ? :thinking:
thanks,
steve
LMNTL2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Okay, here's the info I have emailed to everyone. Included in the email is my cell# in case anyone needs to get in touch with us once they are on the road. For obvious reasons, I am not posting it here. But I thought I would post all the other info here...

Arrival

I’ve included a map for getting to Juneau County Castle Rock Park in Mauston.

Once there, you will drive into the park and stop at the booth and get a self-registration card/envelope. From here on, driving is all one-way. Follow the signs that say “Area A,” “Beach,” “Picnic”. This means you are going towards the right. The road snakes around until you come to the bathrooms/shower building and concessions stand on the left and the “old” park office on the right. Straight ahead of you is “Area A” and several signs. One of those will be a “Camp-Inn Camp-Outt” sign. We set up in the area behind those signs. There is a tar road to the right and a dirt road to the left of this area. We camp in-between the roads. It is a bit back from the lake, but we like it because it can be rather chilly right on the lake.

Some of you have indicated you may be arriving a day or so before the “official” start of the Camp-Outt. That won’t be a problem, as the park will be fairly wide open for camping spots. So, if you are coming early and would like to be in the general area where we will be setting up, that is not a problem.

If you are a later arrival and have let me know you will be arriving later (Friday night or Saturday), we will make sure to have a spot for you.

Electric/Non-electric Sites
All sites are electric BUT if you don’t need it or don’t want to use it, you aren’t charged for it.

Showers
Reminder to bring quarters as the showers are $.25. They do usually run for a fair amount of time and the water is hot.

Payment

The park accepts checks (even out-of-state ones) and cash. NO credit cards.

$17 per night for electric
$13 per night for non-electric

You don’t need to pay for a day use pass as it is included in your camping fee. You will receive a day use pass for your vehicle & a campsite card in your registration envelope.

For those arriving Thursday and planning on going with me to Cranfest on Friday, I will stop by the park sometime early Thursday evening to give you info & details on when/where to meet me.

Firewood

If you live more than 50 miles away from the park, you cannot bring firewood with you. The park does not have any (remember, we are out of season). However, we should have plenty available, especially with scraps from the shop.

Dogs
Dogs are welcome in the park but must always be on a leash of 8 ft or less and under the owner's control. Oh, and they aren't allowed in the bathhouse, are they Lori? :lol:

T-shirts

Those who have ordered t-shirts will be able to pick them up Thursday evening or Friday afternoon/evening from me (Betsey). Either cash or a check made out to me is fine. If you ordered a size S-XL, the cost should be $10 each; size 2XL is $12.

Potluck

At this time, we are expecting about 55 people! If you already know what you will be bringing/making for the potluck and haven’t contacted me yet, please email me and let me know or post here. If you are unsure, that’s okay. There will be a list posted at the Camp-Outt to which you can add your name and dish. There is a large grocery store within 10 miles of the campground in case you need supplies. Dessert will be provided…our usual Dutch oven cobblers and homemade ice cream (but you have to help turn the crank!).

Sunday Breakfast

We will be providing our usual Sunday breakfast, including Build-Your-Own-Omelet-In-A-Bag, tortillas (for omelet burritos), bagels, cream cheese, potatoes, monkey bread, OJ, Cranberry Juice and milk. Any volunteers to make coffee?

Activities

Other than the potluck, Sunday breakfast and Camp-Inn tours, we don’t have any “scheduled” activities. However, there is lots to do and see in the area, if you are interested. There will be more info available at the Camp-Outt..

Camp-Inn Tour

Once again, we will be giving tours of our shop. Most likely, one Saturday morning and one Saturday afternoon. We will let you know the time at the Camp-Outt

I think that about covers everything.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few days!

Betsey Edevold 8)
Last edited by Betsey on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby duke » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Betsey: What time for the Potluck on Saturday? :Flippin Burger:

I've got the coffee covered for the Potluck and Sunday morning. I've got one of those big 40 cup urns. :coffee:

4 more days !!!! :banana:
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. - Mark Twain
Image.Image
duke
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 pm

I think we usually plan on 5:30, as it gets dark fairly early and it would make clearn up easier.

I'll put you down for the coffee...thanks!

Betsey
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Goose Balls

Postby dwe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:41 pm

I will be making BBQ Goose Balls. It tried them today and they were verygood. Even Cherly, who noesn't like gooes< liked them.

Dennis
dwe
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest