"Raccoon Lake" Hoosier Chapter Gathering May 2009

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Jst83 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:The geocaching activity is shaping up to be very interesting. :thinking:

:oops: Might miss the geocaching I've got a friend that might come up for the day and bring his ski boat, just can't pass up a day of high power on the water. Not to worry we'll be back in plenty of time to prepare my dinner and for Amy to fry her chicken.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Jst83 wrote:
Kurt (Indiana) wrote:The geocaching activity is shaping up to be very interesting. :thinking:

:oops: Might miss the geocaching

No problem, it's all optional anyway. The idea is (as you well know) to enjoy yourself.
If all goes well, we can do the geocaching again at Chain of Lakes also.

Just make sure Amy get her chicken fried. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:[size=18][color=darkred][b] After looking at the Radar on my Blackberry, (rain back almost to Missouri), we decided to abort the mission and check out some Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods and a White Castle.

I had to take the two "dogs" with me since they need to go out during the day. The dogs got White Castle for lunch and, so far, aren't showing any distress.
I'm beginning to but I'll live through it OK. :thumbsup:

They are called "sliders" for a reason :lol:
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 am

Menu Update: 3/7/09

Breakfasts are pretty simple and have been consistant with Waffles, Sausage gravy & biscuits, and maybe a coffee cake as well as
"pop tarts and Diet Pepsi" :lol:

The main dinner Saturday night
Anyone wishing to make items for the following, please "chime in".

Appetizers: "Jalapeño Poppers" (Kurt), "Spicy Pretzels" (Dan & Laura) :shock: :? (HOT & Spicy!!), "Atomic Buffalo Turds" (Jim)
others: :thinking:

Main dishes: "Sausage/Chicken Gumbo with rice" (Kurt), Cheesey Chicken Italiano (Scott), Stuffed boneless skinless chicken breasts (Bob), Ham & beans corn bread (Dan & Suzi), Turkey Chili (Mike Rt 66), Shrimp Etouffee with dirty rice (Carter & Susan), Dutch Oven potato casserole (Mark&Pat), World Famous (ok maybe not world) fried chicken (Scott/Amy), Pulled pork for a meat and "monkey / pick-it" bread (Jared & Misty)

Breads: hot yeast bread! (Bob)

Side dishes: German Potato Salad, Green beans (Dan & Laura), "COWBOY BEANS" (uh oh)(Jeff)

others :thinking:

Desserts: Cake (Scott)

Friday night is just a free for all unless an organized menu comes up.. I'm bringing several "Pie Irons" for anyone to use. I love the "fire pies" that we've made in the past. (yum) :R
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Sun May 10, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 am

Jst83 wrote:
48Rob wrote:...My trailer's pretty dusty... ;)

Mines still covered from road salt from January :lol: Gonna have to stop and wash it on the way to Raccoon lake, that should turn some heads pulling into a self do-it car wash

I just cleaned mine last weekend. What a mess. The salt took a toll on my jackstand and some other AL bits and pieces.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 am

LOOKIE LOOKIE

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/extended/USIN0570?site=www.yahoo.com&cm_ite=CityPage&par=yahoo&cm_pla=forecastpage&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_ven=Yahoo&promo=extendedforecast

Come on Thursday night for the shower and teardrop washing and the rest of the weekend will sparkle like your trailer.

Look at Friday and Saturday.

Fearless leader may have done it again :thumbsup:

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Tripmaker » Thu May 07, 2009 9:29 am

It's too early to know what the weather will be next week. The forecast we had Tuesday for Wednesday showed a 20% possibility of rain. Unfortunately they were wrong and we experienced a "rain event". They can't forecast 24 hours ahead let alone a week.

But I have confidence that Kurt will arrange for good weather.
Jim

Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 am

PESSAMIST !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:24 pm

8 Days

:picnic: :Flippin Burger: :campfire:

Reserve your site now!
http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/

RACCOON SRA
RACCOON RUN CAMPGROUND ELECTRIC

Were down to Campin Crunch time. More spots to be had so get those sites reserved. :D

Image Image :thinking:
Last edited by Nitroxjunkie71 on Thu May 07, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Jst83 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:8 Days

:picnic: :Flippin Burger: :campfire:

Reserve your site now!
http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/

RACCOON SRA
RACCOON RUN CAMPGROUND ELECTRIC

Were down to Campin Crunch time. More spots to be had so get those sites reserved. :D

:shock: Such pressure and I don't even have paneling, flooring or ceiling cover . But I have drawers.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri May 08, 2009 6:18 am

The latest map shows 245 taken is it one of us??????
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:22 am

:thinking:
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby TimJones » Fri May 08, 2009 6:56 am

If not, we will convert them after they see all fun we have. :lol: :lol:
Tim and Judy
------------------------
TimJones
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:04 am

Your right about that. :thumbsup:
Jeff
Image Image Image
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Postby bobhenry » Fri May 08, 2009 9:39 am

Kind makes you wonder what goes thru "normal" folks minds when the enter a campground all but taken over my these miniscule mobile bedrooms.

I was introduced to this strange hobby by a fellow employee who showed me a picture of them In late Feb 07. I surfed the internet for every crumb of info till I fell over t&ttt. It was April 17th of 07 when I started on Chubby and had still not seen one in the flesh. I met Rob and Dan and Scott at the Turkey run gathering that spring and finally saw my 1st tiny tears. This confirmed I was on the right track with my build. While it is rough aroung the edges being made with spit and bubble gum and junk I had around the house we still love it. Vickie and I have had a ton of good times and met a lot of good folk we would have missed. I hope we have as positive an impact on a few of them as it has had on our lifestyle. 8)

Let's go campin' Bob & Vic
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest