"Raccoon Lake" Hoosier Chapter Gathering May 2009

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Jst83 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:00 pm

I'll have to go back and look at pictures, for some reason I thought we came out at 33,
:thinking: Might not have been that many Tears though just 33 groups / couples
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
josephhanson wrote:Joe and Debbie will be at site number 267!

Glad to see you're coming. Now we are really keeping Scott moving as we add new campers.

We can add 2 more Carter and Susan from Lexington, KY in site 263 :applause:

And I don't mind being kept moving when it comes to Big gatherings. Keep me Moving :thumbsup:
http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 am

Jst83 wrote:I'll have to go back and look at pictures, for some reason I thought we came out at 33,
:thinking: Might not have been that many Tears though just 33 groups / couples

I tend to agree it seemed we were in the low 30's.

We don't care if they were / are in a pup tent or sleeping in the station wagon.
We are just glad to see everybody with an interest in teardrops.

After all how ya gonna know what to build without sampling the efforts of others. :thumbsup:

I am so glad to see all the folks from the neighboring states coming to join us , that is just way too cool.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:52 am

bobhenry wrote:I am so glad to see all the folks from the neighboring states coming to join us , that is just way too cool.

They know a good thing when they see it, They've heard about our pitch-ins. :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby sid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:55 am

bobhenry wrote:I am so glad to see all the folks from the neighboring states coming to join us , that is just way too cool.

I confess.... it was me Bob Henry.... After Ribberfest, I spread the word about how nice you folks were up in that neck of the woods. :lol:

We'll be in site 269
Last edited by sid on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 am

Jst83 wrote:

They know a good thing when they see it, They've heard about our pitch-ins. :lol:

They all heard about the deep fried pickles :lol:

( and your Scotch eggs )
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:15 am

sid wrote:

I confess.... it was me Bob Henry.... After Ribberfest, I spread the word about how nice you folks were up in that neck of the woods. :lol:

OH ! I thought you were still selling Pop-ups door to door !

Just kidding be good to see you guys again !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 am

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 pm Post subject:

Repost from Tearjerkers site !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am once again make my annual attempt to get "Across Indiana" out to see us. Who knows maybe they will finally make it this year , it would be nice to get some TV exposure for our little obsession (oops I mean Hobby).

I will also contact the local TV and newpapers again . Any press is good press they say.

Maybe we need to stage a parking lot "sleep in" to get their
attention

33 last year ! Let's make 50 our target for "Spring 09 "

Bob & Vickie Henry Members of "The cul-de-sac crowd"
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:46 pm

Little trading card update.
Zazzle is now doing cards, they are the same size as the ones I was doing only a little more durable. The are nearly indestructible ( I tried ) I've already bought some.
They come in packs of 100 for $31.94 after Shipping that's only .32 each

I feel they are good quality and will be nice to hand out.

If any body would like some or feel they might like some down the road, just email me and I'll get the details and put your cards into the store. Then you can order when you'd like Today, next month or next spring and they'll be delivered to your door.
Having them made up and put in the store is free.

The store where they are is http://www.zazzle.com/tearjerkercards

Those that have ordered in the past are already in the store so feel free to check them out.

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:31 am

Scott, the new cards are really much better than the first issue. Like you said, they are nearly indestructable. :twisted:

These won't stick together like the laminated cards. I like them much better. :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Merry Christmas
We can add 1 more Dan and Suzi on site 261, That brings us up to 17 and counting. :applause:

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Here's hopin' that everyone had a great Christmas.

Soon (as soon as the weather gets better) I'll take a ride to Chain of Lakes State Park to check out the camping area and the lakes for our summer Gathering in July/Aug.

I'll get a chance to try out my Magellan GPS (Christmas present) on the trip. (I love gadgets) ;)

My wife and I are planning a trip to New Jersey to see her Mom (on Wednesday). We have to be back Saturday so she can rest up for "work" on Monday. Some of us have to go to work :o .
I'll see what the weather does and get up to see Chain of Lakes as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years celebration as well as a great new year.
:D
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:59 pm

I'll be on the road (to New Jersey) tomorrow and won't be near a computer so I'll wish you all a "Happy New Year" now so I don't forget. :thumbsup:

Since I updated you all last, I'm working on the possibility of a (3) Chapter gathering for late July at Chain of Lakes State Park (Albion, IN).

This would include the "Great Lakes (Michigan) Chapter", the "Buckeye (Ohio) Chapter", and the "Hoosier (Indiana) Chapter.

The Ohio (Buckeye) Chapter director has accepted our invitation. It was suggested that a (3) Chapter gathering might work well since the "Chain of Lakes" location is within reason for all three chapters. I'm sure I will hear from the Michigan director very soon.

This would be a great time to meet new teardroppers as well as visit friends from the local chapters. (get your trading cards ordered (hint))

I have not been up to personally see the "Chain of Lakes" State Park but as soon as I do, I'll recommend a group of sites that will fit the anticipated crowd.

When details are available, a new Thread will be started for the "Chain of Lakes" gathering.
Stay tuned :thumbsup: :applause:

Have a safe New Years eve. :D
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:24 pm

A 3 chapter gathering sure sounds like a good time! The more the merrier! Have a good trip Kurt!

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:I'll be on the road (to New Jersey) tomorrow and won't be near a computer so I'll wish you all a "Happy New Year" now so I don't forget. :thumbsup:

Happy New Year to you also, and Drive Safely there might be crazies out tomorrow.

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:This would be a great time to meet new teardroppers as well as visit friends from the local chapters. (get your trading cards ordered (hint)

For info on ordering those just email or PM me.
To see the cards just go to http://www.zazzle.com/tearjerkercards

These could be modified for any chapter or person just wanting them that don't belong to a chapter. I just put in the info and pictures then upload them to the store and you can order them whenever your ready for them.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest