CNTL 3 Potluck List

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Ptomaine » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 pm

I have a great recipe for stuffed camel, but with such a small group i am afraid there would be to much left over. :R

I'll bring some ham for the breakfast (I guess that qualifies as a "go-along')
I'll go the appetizer route for dinner. I'll make up some Deviled Eggs.
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
User avatar
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 184
Images: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:10 am
Location: Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

Postby Route66 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Ptomaine wrote:I have a great recipe for stuffed camel, but with such a small group i am afraid there would be to much left over. :R

I'll bring some ham for the breakfast (I guess that qualifies as a "go-along')
I'll go the appetizer route for dinner. I'll make up some Deviled Eggs.


Whoa . . . I thought we agreed that until you change your screen name you don't have to participate in the pot-lucks . . . :?
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
User avatar
Route66
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Illinois/Wisconsin Stateline

Postby Betsey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:26 am

Route66 wrote:
Jackalope ? Stew ? That's the first ingredient in the Chili recipe Betsey gave me . . . she said it was turkey !

I hope I don't goof this up . . . apparently it is Craig's favorite dish :banana:


Dang, Mike! Now you've given away the secret ingredient! Everyone knows you don't give away the secret ingredient! :fb

It's actually called "Mock Turkey Chili" cuz Jackalope tastes just like turkey, ya know. It's also the secret ingredient for "Mock, Mock Duck."

As far as it being Craig's favorite dish, well actually, it's his 2nd most favorite...I was going to share my recipe for his most favorite, where I use lutefisk as the secret weapon...ah, I mean ingredient. But now you'll just have to be surprised like everyone else. :twisted:

I wonder what Ptomaine's secret ingredient is..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Postby Zollinger » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Betsey wrote:
I wonder what Ptomaine's secret ingredient is..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)


I just bet his secret ingredient is the gas that is emitted after the men eat all the deviled eggs :?

Hee Hee
Dawn
Dawn
____________________________________
'53 Zollinger "Va-Ka-Shun-Ette" and the boy's blog http://www.oscarthecampkat.blogspot.com/
Green Lantern Corpswoman
User avatar
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1027
Images: 64
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Gossipville , Wisconsin
Top

Postby Ptomaine » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:17 am

Zollinger wrote:
Betsey wrote:
I wonder what Ptomaine's secret ingredient is..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)


I just bet his secret ingredient is the gas that is emitted after the men eat all the deviled eggs :?

Hee Hee
Dawn

Don't blame me. The dog did it. :roll:
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
User avatar
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 184
Images: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:10 am
Location: Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Top

pots of luck

Postby RETROFIT » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 am

heloo - we will be making cinnamon chip pancakes and cinnamon raisin french toast for breakfast and do paprika chicken for dinner. and some kind of salad as soon as barb figures it out. p and b
the sun shines on anyone who has enough sense to go out in it - brother dave
RETROFIT
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Lodi, WI
Top

Postby Route66 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Betsey wrote:Dang, Mike! Now you've given away the secret ingredient! Everyone knows you don't give away the secret ingredient! :fb

It's actually called "Mock Turkey Chili" cuz Jackalope tastes just like turkey, ya know. It's also the secret ingredient for "Mock, Mock Duck."

As far as it being Craig's favorite dish, well actually, it's his 2nd most favorite...I was going to share my recipe for his most favorite, where I use lutefisk as the secret weapon...ah, I mean ingredient. But now you'll just have to be surprised like everyone else. :twisted:

I wonder what Ptomaine's secret ingredient is..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)


Good thing you told me it was a "secret" ingredient before it got posted on the internet or something . . . I'll add a diversionary tactic as well ;)

Image

Also - I think you broke a forum rule by posting "lutefisk" in a thread that also has mention of Dutch Ovens !! Watch out for the admins . . .

Count me in for sausage links for the breakfast pot luck -

Mike
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
User avatar
Route66
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Illinois/Wisconsin Stateline
Top

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:06 am

Betsey wrote:
Route66 wrote:
Jackalope ? Stew ? That's the first ingredient in the Chili recipe Betsey gave me . . . she said it was turkey !

I hope I don't goof this up . . . apparently it is Craig's favorite dish :banana:


Dang, Mike! Now you've given away the secret ingredient! Everyone knows you don't give away the secret ingredient! :fb

It's actually called "Mock Turkey Chili" cuz Jackalope tastes just like turkey, ya know. It's also the secret ingredient for "Mock, Mock Duck."

As far as it being Craig's favorite dish, well actually, it's his 2nd most favorite...I was going to share my recipe for his most favorite, where I use lutefisk as the secret weapon...ah, I mean ingredient. But now you'll just have to be surprised like everyone else. :twisted:

I wonder what Ptomaine's secret ingredient is..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)


I may just have to report this...
You do know that the Jackalope is an indangered species!!
You can't go cooking one up when ever you feel like it!
Eat the darn turkeys!!
Lol
:lol:

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member
 
Posts: 676
Images: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Hartford, Wisconsin
Top

Postby Betsey » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 am

What about lutefisk? Is it an endangered species, too? :roll:

Or maybe we are the enddangered species when lutefisk is involved..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)
Image
User avatar
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1058
Images: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Top

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Betsey wrote:What about lutefisk? Is it an endangered species, too? :roll:

Or maybe we are the enddangered species when lutefisk is involved..... :thinking:

Betsey 8)


I am thinking the second statement is correct!!

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member
 
Posts: 676
Images: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Hartford, Wisconsin
Top

Postby elmo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Couple loaves of sweet bread for breakfast and my special cake dessert for the dinner portion of the festivities!
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
User avatar
elmo
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4484
Images: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm
Location: Island of Misfit Toys
Top

Postby gdpipkorn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey guys? I've been trying to figure this out without letting anybody know, BUT, what does "DO" mean?? And I'm bringing 2 cases of home brew. It is called Vienna Lager. It tastes like Amber Ale. I like it.
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
User avatar
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 117
Images: 144
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:04 am
Location: Jackson, WI
Top

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 pm

DO = Dutch Oven :thumbsup:

Dianne
Thanks for the beer!
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member
 
Posts: 676
Images: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Hartford, Wisconsin
Top

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Sorry to be so late with what I am bringing. I was waiting for a good day to smoke a couple Pork shoulders. So for dinner I will bring pulled pork sandwiches with sauce. Maybe some ribs too. Also BBQ meatballs as an appetizer. For breakfast I will make fried potatoes and bring some OJ.

See ya all soon. The weather sounds promising!

Steve
User avatar
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 4068
Images: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:01 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Top

Postby Claw » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:01 am

I'll try and get together a basket full of fruit to be avaliable for the weekend. 8)

Image
I won't tell you where they come from :shock:
JIM

Think about It!
User avatar
Claw
500 Club
 
Posts: 855
Images: 120
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Illinios, Loves Park
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests