Starved Rock State Park ILL gathering 2009

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Starved Rock State Park ILL gathering 2009

Postby dan galvin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:49 pm

I hope i am not steping on anyones toes on this one.
I know that not everyone goes to the tearjerkers section so i am posting there gathering on the midwest section this is a lovely state park and is not easy to get into so here is your chance and it will be ILL first gathering Aug 21-23
hope to see you there
Dan :shake hands:
lets go camping :pinktear:
dan galvin
Teardrop Master

Postby Dagny » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I hope to be there. I need to talk with one friend first who I made August camping plans with to double check the dates. Can't pass up a gathering in my own state.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Betsey » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Dan - Thanks for posting this. :applause:

This is a combined Tearjerker gathering of the Land of Lincoln & St. Croix Chapters. Back in March Tim & I talked on the phone about teardrop gatherings and him wanting to have one. So, we decided to make it a go and have a joint chapter gathering. :shake hands:

Hope we can get lots more to join us! Starved Rock is really a beautiful park.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Bill from Northern Illinois, Please add me to you group information list if you have one for this event. I may come out for this, I still am using an old Jayco popup camper but have plans to build a stretch tear of sorts, still on the drawing board. Have the trailer to build on and some parts, just need the time to get r done. That is the hardest thing to come by. [email protected] Do you need to make reservations or just show up and hope to get a spot? I have camped there before but it has been about 3 years since I was there. I also like rock cut park just south of Rockford, they have a nice lake and beach to swin in. Thanks Bill
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

hello

Postby tjx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Bill,
Here is some info on the camp out from what I can gather. :thinking:
It is 25.00 per night the campground is clean and is very well taken care of.

Here is the link for the registration form.
www.dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/PARKS ... mprsvp.pdf
and here is a map of the park
http://www.dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmg ... ampmap.pdf

Here who is attending so far:
#68 Tim K
#69 Doug P.
#70 Jim Clausen
#71 Mike S.
#72 Al Jones
#73 Dianne
#74 Betsey
#75 Dan Galvin

tina and jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Bill,

Welcome to the the madness! :lol:

If you would like to attend, print off, fill out & mail in the reservation form that Tina gave you the link for. You will need to send in the first night's fee ($25) plus a $5 reservation fee for a total of $30. You will pay for the second night when you check in.

Make sure you place a post it note on the reservation form saying that you are with Tearjerkers Keierleber party. That way, they will assign you a campsite with/near the group.

Here is a link to the Tearjerkers - Land of Lincoln (Illinois) chapter. Tim K. is the chapter director.

http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=48

Here is a link to the Tearjerkers forum.

http://tearjerkers.net/forums/index.php

Tearjerkers is a camping group for teardroppers and has several chapters located throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. The Land of Lincoln chapter has listings of any campouts within their chapter boundaries, however, you are always welcome to attend any other chapter's gatherings.

You can sign up to be a member of the Tearjerkers forum, just like you did for T&TTT.

Some of our best teardrop friends are in the Land of Lincoln chapter, so you will be in good hands. :thumbsup:

Happy Camping! :D

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Starved Rock State Park

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks for your replies and the warm welcome, I am going to try to get there, I will know by the end of the month if I can make it. Trying to find a bearing type noise in my vans drive train, Replaced both front bearing with a brake job and checked the u-joints and diff fluid, Still doing it today, Have to keep looking. I have a old 1988 Galv boat trailer frame that I plan to build on. Took half a day off from work today so I could junk the boat today that set on top of it for the last 21 years. I have been collecting "stuff" for this project for a year or so. No way will it be ready in a month, hope to gather some ideas and find a good source for windows. Not trying to steal your thread so nuff said. Thanks Again. Bill
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

All site appear to be full for Aug 21 Weekend

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Just went to the Starved Rock web site and it says that all reservable sites are booked for that weekend. Hate to drive that far to be turned away because they are full. I might be able to take a half day at work and get an early start, sounds like a full house on the rock that weekend.
Bill :(
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 am

Hey Bill if that van is driving you crazy you might consider giveing it a new home. Took my 93 ton truck ( the one with the howling rearend) to the dealer and with employee pricing ,(brother-in-law retired from Chrysler) the cash for clunkers 3500 and cryslers matching 3500 and another 1500 spiff I am drivind a brand new $23,389.00 pickup off the lot for $11,500. I think the dealer is actually pissed about it . OH WELL!
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Cash for Clunkers

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:45 pm

I happen to have a 1 ton ford F 350 dually that the dealer said did not qualify, I went to several local dealers and they did not have any inventory of trucks to sell. I wanted to sell my van outright and do exactly what you mentioned. Mine has a rusty oil pan that leaks oil real bad. Then I heard that they ran out of money in a week. I do not have a lot of time during the week to run around and car shop. Better move this discussion to another area before we get spanked for hijacking someones, Thread. I would like to go the starved rock, My wife works till 1pm and My son has his first half day of school, Could not get there IF I can get the day off any earlier than 3pm. I am checking for any alternate campgrounds in the area, if I take the time off from work to camp and get there and they are full I want to go someplace else. like I said earlier, not to offend anyone who may like Starved Rock, But they have 100's of motorcycles thru there all day and really not much but hiking to do for the kids. I still am going to try to get the day off, cannot expect to arrive at 6pm and expect to get an unreserved spot. I hope you have good luck with your new truck. Bill
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

Postby ame8199 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:07 pm

so theres no more room in this gathering? I was looking for somewhere to go to meet everyone with a tent.
Amy
~future owner of a teardrop~
ame8199
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:25 pm

They do have the non-reservable sites, but you would be travelling a long way and they might be gone by the time you get there. However, you should be able to double with a teardrop. They do allow 1 tent with a small camper. Or perhaps one of the teardroppers who may also be tenting would share their site, as you can have more than one tent to a site.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Starved rock Gathering

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 pm

I am going to drive down for the day on Saturday to check out all of your trailers, I hope to leave with some good ideas. I have a VW show to attend as a vendor on Sunday and cannot be 2 places at once. Look forward to being nosey, much better than seeing one on the road. Last one was in Waupaca Wisc in a Grocery Store lot. Nice home built tear, Nice guy and was meeting a friend towing her converted cargo trailer with a 1959 Edsel. Saw Several camped at the Iola Old Car Show this past Month. Bill
Beavers are Naughty!
Wild Bill
The 300 Club

Return to Midwest