Cooler Near The Lake IV

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Gary J wrote:Dianne do I have you on the wrong site #8 or is that someone new on #7?

I am on 8. Another tear will be here on 7. I do not think he is on the board.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:53 pm

I recieved and E-mail, from the park, today. It indicated that this would be the weekend that the park will be celebrating Earth Day. If there are people who are interested in helping the park plant trees, etc. they indicated that there would be many opportunities for people to participate.

Just one more reason to come to this year's "Cooler By The Lake".

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby gregp136 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 pm

At this point, I (Greg) am planning on tent camping, because the tear will not be done yet. Laurie disagrees, and is sure we will have a finished teardrop to camp in for "Cooler near the Lake."
:thinking:

We shall see who is smarter.

(lets be real, Laurie is smarter, but maybe I will be right just once).
:roll:
Greg(and Laurie)
gregp136
The 300 Club

Postby Zollinger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:11 pm

gregp136 wrote:We shall see who is smarter.

(lets be real, Laurie is smarter, but maybe I will be right just once).
:roll:
Greg(and Laurie)

:roll: Hmmm sounds like something DH Scott would say. :lol:
Anywhoo... Anyone interested in doing a Potluck Breakfast and Supper? What about another door prize drawing? I still have the file from what I brought last year. It should not be hard to alter for this year.
I also have the welcome banner made also.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Pot luck supper and breakfast

Postby pigcooker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm in for both, :) I'll make Red Beans & Rice with Sausage for supper.
This year I will not be doing eggs,for breakfast, I cooked myself out of breakfast last year. Although I had all the scrambled eggs I wanted, I missed out on all the other fine offerings, everyone else provided. :cry:

I will bring the big coffeemaker, coffee, creamer, sugar,several salt & peppers, and Bagels & Cream Cheese to share. Maybe I can twist Nan's arm to make cookies. :o

The prizes were a hit too!! :thumbsup: Let us know if that's a go. :thinking:

Doug & Nan :D :)
pigcooker
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Zollinger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm

I can do scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast. Chicken pot pie and blueberry cream cheese thingy that I made last year and never got a chance to try. I also plan on bringing the laptop this year so I can also do another You Tube video. Let's all pray that we have better weather this year. :rainy: I wanna so some Dutch Oven Cookin'
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tearhead » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks for getting this started!

For dinner I'll bring a spinach and strawberry salad and something for dessert--not sure what yet.

For the breakfast I'll bring "Best Ever Coffeecake" and if I get a chance I'll go to the Jones Dairy Farm outlet and get some Canadian bacon.

Mmm! :applause:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

I will bring fried potato's for breakfast and chili for dinner. May add some desert. Can't have to much of that!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Do you want me to start the breakfast & dinner potluck thread like in years past?

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Zollinger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 am

Betsey wrote:Do you want me to start the breakfast & dinner potluck thread like in years past?

Betsey 8)

Thank you Betsey, that would be wonderful. No wonder I could not find it from other years.

Hard to believe it's less than a month away.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:08 am

I just wanted to let every one know that the clean up is on Saturday for the park. People are told to show up at the pavilion at 9AM. They were promised a lunch, but some might think they hit the jackpot and are getting a breakfast (or dinner depending on how long they stay) as well. Maybe the banner should be placed over by the pavilion on Saturday?
Just a thought...

I am all into sharing, but to how many??? :lol:

Dianne
For Breakfast I will do a fruit something-or-other....

Thanks!!
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Zollinger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 am

cs_whypt2 wrote:I just wanted to let every one know that the clean up is on Saturday for the park. People are told to show up at the pavilion at 9AM. They were promised a lunch, but some might think they hit the jackpot and are getting a breakfast (or dinner depending on how long they stay) as well. Maybe the banner should be placed over by the pavilion on Saturday?
Just a thought...

Dianne

Thanks!!

Let's just say that I was not happy when I got the e-mail from Kohler Andre about the clean up. I plan on putting up the banner in my campsite on Thursday night when I get there. We are in site #1 as you drive in the campground. Not sure how we are going to hang it up, it's a BIG BANNER And then moving it on Saturday to the shelter. Not sure where the pavilion is in the park. Gonna dig around at work and see if I can find some old lables or something to turn into nametags for everyone.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Zollinger wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:I just wanted to let every one know that the clean up is on Saturday for the park. People are told to show up at the pavilion at 9AM. They were promised a lunch, but some might think they hit the jackpot and are getting a breakfast (or dinner depending on how long they stay) as well. Maybe the banner should be placed over by the pavilion on Saturday?
Just a thought...

Dianne

Thanks!!

Let's just say that I was not happy when I got the e-mail from Kohler Andre about the clean up. I plan on putting up the banner in my campsite on Thursday night when I get there. We are in site #1 as you drive in the campground. Not sure how we are going to hang it up, it's a BIG BANNER And then moving it on Saturday to the shelter. Not sure where the pavilion is in the park. Gonna dig around at work and see if I can find some old lables or something to turn into nametags for everyone.

I didn't mind the clean - up email. I will be working the clean up. I just told the woman that I got the email from that there is a teardrop group that is using the pavilion and that our breakfast is her start time.
I don't think it will be much of a problem.

Dianne
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Zollinger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:49 pm

I paid big bucks to rent the shelter for that day. I suspect that they are meeting at the Sanderling Nature Center, not at the shelter in the campground.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BrwBier » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:37 pm

I was going to say before everyone gets worked up, but I'm too late for that. The pavilion is down by the beach. I did not see the email that you all got but I suspect it is a beach clean up. Maybe some one could forward the email to me.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest