Cedar Point - Sandusky Oh

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Cedar Point - Sandusky Oh

Postby IndyMatt » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 am

Has anyone here ever camped at Camper's Ridge - the campground onsite at Cedar Point? After investigating I found that an electric back-in site will run $65 a night. That's actually pretty cheap considering the prices of the onsite hotels and cabins.
I was just looking for any insight that could be offered regarding the campgrounds - are there any shaded sites?

Thanks!
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Postby Oasis Maker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 am

I'm sorry bud, no info on your question. I just had to say how seeing "Cedar Point" made me smile. Great childhood memories. I grew up going to that park and all others pale by comparison. Crazy thing is, I move out to AZ and mention Cedar Point to people that have grown up in Arizona or California and they look at me and say, "huh?" I thought it was the center of the universe when I was a kid and everyone around the world knew about it. :lol:

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby EffieRover » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:43 pm

We camped on Kelley's Island and took the ferry to Cedar Point, which was wonderful. Google the state park there if you're not worried about being on the Point every day ... nice sites and a relaxing campground.
Loy, happy wife to Dan, proud momma to Kiera & Alannah.
http://66shasta.blogspot.com/
EffieRover
Teardrop Master

Postby Gaelen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:47 pm

I just spent a week in Milan OH--about 15 miles from Cedar Point.
I stayed in a Red Roof Inn (go to the RRI website and check for Milan OH) that had FREE WIRELESS, free breakfast, and a good Italian restaurant across the parking lot. And they accepted pets.

There was literally NOTHING around this RRI except a McDonalds; the national specialty was at a resort about 10 miles down the road. That where the stores were, too.

I love camping, I truly do--but that RRI was only $41/night.
If you can stay in a motel that offers breakfast, a laundry, free wireless, climate control and protection from the weather (we had a week of 'Noah, I'd like you to build me an ark' rain alternating with 85 degree heat and 150% humidity) for $25 less per night than camping...well, I can spend that $25/night on a wonderful waterfront site at a local state park on another trip at a later date. ;)
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

campsites

Postby cks-1 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

hi, there is also a campground south about 15 miles,lots of shaded sites,clean restrooms. indian trail campground in fitchville, oh. i currently have a seasonal site there.its not been real crowded there this year.theres also a couple other campgrounds thtas closer,i cant remember there names,but if you need them i'll look them up for you.
cks-1
Donating Member

Postby bubba8814 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

i also am going to cedar point....i looked at the rri site and it says $109.00 a night.....that seems a little steep..... :o
SUPERSTREET88.... IF YOU LIFT,,,YOU LOSE
bubba8814
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dan galvin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm

East harbor sp outside port clinton oh camp there many times great place and not that far from the park and a great price for a site 20$ plus range.
great place in port clinton to pick up a head boat and go walleye fishing for the day and not to costly
have fun Dan :peace:
dan galvin
Teardrop Master

Postby pete42 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:23 pm

dan galvin wrote:East harbor sp outside port clinton oh camp there many times great place and not that far from the park and a great price for a site 20$ plus range.
great place in port clinton to pick up a head boat and go walleye fishing for the day and not to costly
have fun Dan :peace:

I have stayed at east harbor many times great ohio SP and close to everything.
I'm from ohio so prices are 1/2 off with golden buckeye card.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby doug577 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:42 pm

I just stayed the past weekend at East Harbor. Great park to camp at as long as the muffleheads aren't going nuts. It's also nearby Cedar Point as well as the islands and other local attractions.

With Cedar Point - no campfires, but you do get early entry into the park.
doug577
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Midwest