6th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Route66 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:50 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:

Hey...you guys are picking on me and I haven't even been on to defend myself.
I'll be at this gathering with 3 dogs. All leashed. None will be in the bathrooms. I promise. Josh might come with.[

Dianne

OK . . . I'll go for it . . .

Is Josh a 4th Dog !!! or a potential boyfriend and/or new teardrop builder ?
;)
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Route66 wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:

Hey...you guys are picking on me and I haven't even been on to defend myself.
I'll be at this gathering with 3 dogs. All leashed. None will be in the bathrooms. I promise. Josh might come with.[

Dianne

OK . . . I'll go for it . . .

Is Josh a 4th Dog !!! or a potential boyfriend and/or new teardrop builder ?
;)

Josh is my boyfriend. It's funny:
He said that before he met me, he watched the Travel Channel's RV Crazy program. He vividly remembers the Teardrop section, and he thought they were cool, but also throught anyone that owned one would be crazy to camp in it. And look at him now! He is going to the teardrop gatherings and loving it.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Time to Order T-shirts & Sweatshirts!!!! :dancing

Here is the info for anyone who would like to order a t-shirt and/or sweatshirt for the Camp-Inn Camp-Outt:

Shirts/sweatshirts will be ash (light gray) in color (NOT black as in previous years)
Small front pocket logo of the CICO logo
Large back color graphic with a new really cool theme (remember the cool theme from last year????)

Cost (approximately):

Short Sleeve T-shirt: $10 (S-XL) $12 (XXL and up)
Long Sleeve T-shirt: $12 (S-XL) $14 (XXL and up)
Crew Neck Sweatshirt: $13 (S-XL) $15 (XXL and up)
Hoodie Sweatshirt: $17 (S-XL) $19 (XXL and up)
Zippered Hoodie: $21 (S-XL) $23 (XXL and up)

If you want a t-shirt/sweatshirt, PM me or post on this thread the following:

What you want
Size you want
# of each

When I have received your order request, I will email you back to make sure I have the correct info.

I must have your order NO LATER THAN THIS MONDAY MORNING (September 14) in order to be sure to have the shirts by the Camp-Outt. Once I put in the initial order, I may be able to add to it but I cannot guarantee it.

Payment will be due to me at the Camp-Outt.

Let the fun begin! :woohoo:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Here's a current list of who I have attending the Camp-Outt:

Michael & Theresa B.
Tom C.
Les & Janice C.
Jim C.
Sandy D.
Ron & Vicki D.
Craig & Betsey E.
Lori E.
Dale & Vickie G.
Jim & Sue H.
Leon H.
Tammy K.
Tina & Jerry L.
Deb & Bob M.
Dennis & Faye M.
Tim M.
Tom O.
Joe & Karen P.
Rick & Karen P.
Grant & Diane P.
Larry & Sue S.
Carol S.
Darrel & Joanne S.
Chris W.
Marty & Heather W.
Mike W.
Cary & Holly W.
Terry & Janine W.
Greg & Norma Z.
Bob & Karen
Dagny
Dianne & Josh
John & Pam
Deb & Jacki
John
Jill

If I missed your name or you have decided to join us, let me know and I will add you to the list. We'd love to have more join in the fun!

Betsey 8)
Last edited by Betsey on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Route66 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:23 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:

Josh is my boyfriend. . . . .

WHOA !! Was this "boyfriend" approved by the St. Croix committee?? Did you fill out the proper request forms ?

:thinking:
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

No Teardrop

Postby dwe » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi All

Cheryl and I currantly don't have a teardrop. javascript:emoticon(':(') I am building anouther one but it is far from being done. We do have our other camper and would like to come but we don't want to be shunned because we don't have a teardrop at present. javascript:emoticon(':D') Are we invited?

Dennis
If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It Isn't Big Enough!
dwe
Teardrop Master

Re: No Teardrop

Postby Betsey » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:28 pm

dwe wrote:Hi All

Cheryl and I currantly don't have a teardrop. javascript:emoticon(':(') I am building anouther one but it is far from being done. We do have our other camper and would like to come but we don't want to be shunned because we don't have a teardrop at present. javascript:emoticon(':D') Are we invited?

Dennis

Dennis,

Of course you are invited! :shake hands:

To be quite honest, I was a bit surprised that I hadn't heard from you that you would be joining us.

Teardrop snobs? We are not!!! :no: - teardrop, travel trailer, motorhome, pop-up, van, pickup, tent - we don't care, we just want you there! :yes: We always have some attend who aren't camping in a teardrop and if you remember last year, Craig & I were in a tent until Saturday, when my wandering parents brought our tear back to us! So pack up the camper and come on over!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

CICO

Postby flygal6 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey Betsie,
Sorry so late to reply.....had knee surgery and haven't been on here lately. So count me in for the camping weekend and also the cranberry fest on Friday too. At least I'm getting improvements done on the TD and projects around the house.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby cs_whypt2 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 am

Route66 wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:

Josh is my boyfriend. . . . .

WHOA !! Was this "boyfriend" approved by the St. Croix committee?? Did you fill out the proper request forms ?

:thinking:

Proper request forms? :thinking: :roll: I didn't pick one of those up. :oops: Could you post one on the board so I could fill it out.

Dianne :D
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby BrwBier » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:28 am

I want to come, I plan to come, BUT. I am so busy right now I can't belive it. I had a new garage (28'x28') delivered and set up on the 21st of August and I have to finish it. I finished the roofing yesterday, all my stuff is back in it from the 40' storage container that was parked outside our kitchen window for 2 months. One of 3 doors is opperational, the other two are just nailed into the holes. I still have to cut the window openings and put on the typar wrap. Then trim and siding. My son gets married today and on the 7th of October we go to Vegas for 9 days. So anything could still happen. The biggest problem is my teardrop is in the back yard and the only way out is through the garage. That means getting at least one more door opperational and using up some of the trim and siding so it isn't in the way to roll the teardrop through the garage.
ImageImage
So anyway, like I said I want to be there but anything could happen.
Hope to see you all then.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Be ready

Postby gdpipkorn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:01 am

Sounds like an issue of poor planning. The teardrop should ALWAYS be accessible! No matter what. We hope to see you there. Congrats on the new daughter-in-law. You couldn't ask for better weather.
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

camp-inn camp-outt

Postby dwe » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Cheryl and I are planning to be there. My new build has been stained and right now I have been putting spar varnish on the sides. Tomorrow I am hoping to attach the sides to the floor. I got a deal on cherry wood so all the cabinets will be cherry. I was able to purchase scraps from a yacht interior builder. Most of the wood was 6 to 8 feet long but only 2" wide. What I have been doing is cutting it 1/2 and 3/4 thick and gluing them together to get wider boards. I have a plainer so the boards should turn out fine. I am looking forward to see how it is going to look. It is a long way from being done but my goal is sometime in Oct. If I am far enough I will have pictures.

Dennis
dwe
Teardrop Master

Camp outt

Postby dwe » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Just got a phone call from my nephew. He has a ticket in St. Louis for the Packer game. Lower level 30 to 40 yard line. :) Air fair out of Chicago included :thumbsup: . Its a hard decision, :thinking: I think I am going to miss the camp outt :cry: But Cheryl may be there.

Dennis
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:10 am

This past weekend, I was asked about posting the potluck list for the Camp-Outt, so here it is. At this point, it is wide open for options.

Betsey 8)

Time to start letting us know what you plan on bringing for the potluck Saturday evening (i.e. fruit salad, wheat rolls and butter. Be creative - appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, breads, etc ).

Remember, dessert (home made ice cream and DO cobblers) will be provided.

Portion reminder: When you make a dish, plan on it feeding about 6-8 people and that should make enough for everyone without a ton of leftovers. If you are making a DO dish and using a 12" one, that can feed A LOT of people!

I will update the list as people let me know what they are bringing.

Saturday Night Potluck

Appetizers
Veggie - Darrel & Joanne S.
Cucumber Sandwiches - Ron and Vicki D.

Breads

Main Dishes
Buffalo Roast - Jim & Sue H.
BBQ Pulled Pork - Les & Janice C.
DO Shepherd's Pie - Michael & Teresa B.
Stew - Deb & Bob M.

Side Dishes
Tuna Salad - Sandy D.
Hot German Potato Salad - John & Pam K.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes - Dennis & Faye M.
Harvest Vegetables - Carol S.
Pineapple, Carrot & Raisin Salad - Leon H.

Dessert - Already Taken Care Of :)
DO Cobblers & Home made ice cream will be provided

Coffee
Rick & Karen P.
Last edited by Betsey on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Betsey » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:51 am

Here is the info I emailed to those I know are attending. In case you did not receive it, I am also posting it here.

Camp-Inn Camp-Outt Update

Arrival
Attached is a map and instructions for getting to the campground. Some of you have indicated you may be arriving a day or so before the “official” start of the Camp-Outt. That won’t be a problem, as the park will be fairly wide open for camping spots. So, if you are coming early and would like to be in the general area where we will be setting up, that is not a problem. If there is no one at the office when you arrive, you will need to do a “self-check in.” The instructions for that are posted at the office.

Follow the road into the campground and when you see the big St. Croix Tearjerkers banner, you will know you’ve arrived at the right place!

For those who are coming sometime on Friday, there will be some teardrops already set up. Just pick a spot you like and settle in.

If you are a later arrival (Friday night or Saturday), there will still be plenty of spots. It is a bit tricky when arriving in the dark, as the road in to the campground twists around a bit. Just watch for the big St. Croix Tearjerkers banner.

Electric/Non-electric Sites
All sites are electric BUT if you don’t need it or don’t want to use it, you aren’t charged for it.

Showers
Reminder to bring quarters as the showers are $.25. They do usually run for a fair amount of time and the water is hot.

Payment
The park accepts checks (even out-of-state ones) and cash. NO credit cards.

$17 per night for electric
$13 per night for non-electric

You don’t need to pay for a day use pass as it is included in your camping fee. You will receive a day use pass for your vehicle & a campsite card in your registration envelope.

For those arriving Thursday and planning on going with me to Cranfest on Friday, I will be at the park early Thursday evening to give you info & details on when/where we will leave from.

Firewood
If you live more than 50 miles away from the park, you cannot bring firewood with you. The park does not have any (remember, we are out of season). However, we should have plenty available, especially with scraps from the shop.

Dogs Dogs are welcome in the park but must always be on a leash of 8 ft or less and under the owner's control.

T-shirts
Those who have ordered t-shirts will be able to pick them up Friday afternoon/evening from me (Betsey). Either cash or a check made out to Betsey Edevold is fine.

Potluck – Saturday, 5:30pm
At this time, we are expecting about 70 people! Woo-hoo! Our largest group to date! If you already know what you will be bringing/making for the Saturday night potluck, email me and let me know. If you are unsure, that’s okay. There will be a list posted at the Camp-Outt so you can get some idea of what others are bringing and to which you can add your name and dish. There is a large grocery store within 10 miles of the campground in case you need supplies. Dessert will be provided…our usual Dutch oven cobblers and homemade ice cream (but you have to help turn the crank!). However, due to our large numbers, if anyone should feel a strong urge to make a Dutch oven cobbler, please let me know…with our increased numbers, I could use 2 more.

Sunday Breakfast
We (Camp-Inn) will be hosting our usual Sunday breakfast, including Build-Your-Own-Omlet-In-A-Bag, tortillas (for omlet burritos), bagels, cream cheese, potatoes and OJ, Cranberry Juice and milk. Any volunteers to make coffee?

Activities
Other than the potluck and Sunday breakfast, we don’t have any “scheduled” activities. However, there is lots to do and see in the area, if you are interested. I am including a list of possibilities. There will be more info available at the Camp-Outt.

Cranfest
September 25-27 - This is a HUGE affair, with tours of a cranberry marsh and an Ocean Spray juice processing plant, farmer’s market, antique and craft booths. The little town of Warrens (population 300+) swells to about 100,000 for 3 days. You can drive up to Warrens or you can park & ride a bus. Caution: Crowds are huge and there is a LOT of walking involved…but it can be fun! Check it out: www.cranfest.com

Camp-Inn tour
Once again, we will be giving tours of our shop. Most likely, one Saturday morning and one Saturday afternoon. We will let you know the time at the Camp-Outt

Burr Oak Winery – New Lisbon

Wisconsin National Guard Memorial/Museum
Located at Camp Williams, in Camp Douglas, it ihas a 3,000 sq foot museum and aircraft display. Free admission.

Effigy Mounds and Petroglyphs
Located in New Lisbon and Mauston. Free.

Necedah National Fish & Wildlife Refuge

Petenwell Lake Dam & Wildlife Viewing Area
Great place to see Bald Eagles

Antique Stores
There are lots in the area….if you are interested, I will have a listing with addresses & phone #’s available at the Camp-Outt.

Relax!
And if you just want to hang out by the campfire, read a good book, go fishing, take a walk, go for a bike ride, or take a spin in a canoe – that’s just dandy with us! After all, this is a gathering and we are on teardrop time, when life moves a little slower….

I think that about covers everything.

Looking forward to seeing you in a week!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest