Invitation to August 15th (THIS WEEKEND) Luau/BBQ Party!!!!!

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Invitation to August 15th (THIS WEEKEND) Luau/BBQ Party!!!!!

Postby Dayna_SaGR » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello everyone! I am so sorry for the short notice, but we didn't get the idea to invite teardroppers until recently. Rick and I are having a luau/bbq party this upcoming weekend at our family's 10 acre estate on Goose Lake in Morris, IL. We have about 7 spots left for anyone who wants to bring their teardrop and either spend all day Saturday or come on Friday and spend Friday and Saturday night, as the party will be on Saturday and we'll have a big breakfast on Sunday.

It is primitive camping, but with quick and easy access to water, bathrooms and showers. There will be lots of games and swimming since we are right on the lake. For those who want to fish, that is available as well. There is also a teardrop in the process of being built right now for anyone who likes to contribute ideas!

Rick and Pig-Cooker (Doug) will be working hard at the smoker to produce a big beautiful piece of meat, and we'll have all sorts of nice appetizers as well as margaritas and beer (you should see the tiki bar hut we just built!), but we're also asking if everyone who attends can bring some kind of a dish or dessert as well.

This is shaping up to be a really fun event, and the only thing that could make it better would be the attendance of our favoritest people---teardroppers!

If you are interested, please private message me on the forums as soon as possible. As I said, we only have room for maybe 7 more campers (doesn't even have to be teardrops, if yours isn't done yet, bring a tent!) so attendance will be first come first serve (or, rather, first email to me).

I hope we get some good responses on this---and again, sorry for the short notice; this party was more last minute than we would have liked.

Thanks!

-Dayna and Rick (SaGR)
Building with Rick (SaGR)...I'm a newbie!
Dayna_SaGR
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 am

Want to thank Dayna , Rick and Paul for a great weekend. Was disappointed we were the only tiny trailer but we had a 2+ acre campsite all to ourselves. We stumbled over a memory on the way up. I never dreamed I would see route 66. I always persieved it as california. BUT guess what we found on the way.

http://www.digitalroute66.com/dwight/index.html
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

66`

Postby tjx » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Isn't it fun...route 66 that is. And that you enjoyed the weekend.
Great pics. :applause:

We took a long 5 day weekend last year and started in chicago and went to the the chain of rocks bridge over the Mighty Mississippi. Nice walk across the bridge, 1 mile over and 1 mile back. Would like to do it again and take different shoot offs of it next time.

tina and jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Dayna_SaGR » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Yes, it's too bad we didn't get a lot of teardroppers, but that was my fault for the short notice. I received a lot of messages from interested parties who just couldn't make it due to previous engagements, so for next time I'll give a shout out way ahead of time and we'll really have a big blowout, teardrop style.

Thanks to Bob Henry and Vicky, and Pigcooker and Nan. It was a great time, and I appreciated your making the trip. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
Building with Rick (SaGR)...I'm a newbie!
Dayna_SaGR
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Midwest