First Bluegrass Chapter Fall Gathering 9/25-27

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

First Bluegrass Chapter Fall Gathering 9/25-27

Postby Carter & Susan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 am

The new Bluegrass Chapter of TearJerkers is off and rolling! The first Bluegrass Chapter Fall Gathering is set for September 25-27 at Elkhorn Campground in Frankfort, Kentucky. We are hoping to have a lot of Kentucky folks join us, and of course everyone else is welcome, too!

For more info, please go to the new TearJerkers Bluegrass Chapter Forum at http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1907. Hope you can join us!
:woohoo:
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby ParTaxer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 pm

I'll try and make that one. Interested in talking with you guys about the new chapter.
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Carter & Susan, My busy (retirement) schedule has an opening right about the same dates as your gathering. (coincidence???)

Have you stayed there before? It looks as if sites #6-#38 are right next to the creek.

Tell what you can about a campground map (if one is available). :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Carter & Susan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 am

Below is all of the information regarding the campground from the Tear Jerkers post:

Elkhorn Campground (http://www.elkhorncampground.com) is set on Elkhorn Creek and is a Good Sam Park. We have reserved a block of sites for our gathering, so when you call (502)695-9154 to make your reservations, be sure and tell them you are with the TearJerkers group. Each of the TearJerkers reserved sites is set on the bank of the creek, all are nice and level, and many have mature trees for shade. Please call by September 8 to make your reservation within the sites that have been blocked out for us. The sites are $23 per night ($20.70 for AARP or Good Sam members or active or retired military). No deposit is needed, and you can cancel up to four days before your scheduled arrival date without incurring the $6 cancellation fee.

Below is the map of the campground, with the sites that have been reserved for our group outlined in red. Please let us know when you have made your reservations with the campground with your site number so we can update the map accordingly.

Scheduled events for the gathering include a Friday night "meet and greet" wine and cheese party (bring a bottle of your favorite wine and a small plate of finger food) and a potluck dinner on Saturday night. We have reserved the campground's pavilion to use for these events.

Many nearby activities, including fishing, canoeing and kayaking on Elkhorn Creek, are available.

:beautiful: Just let us know if you have any questions, and we hope to see you next month!
Last edited by Carter & Susan on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Carter, put me down for site #8. I'll come in on Thursday and leave Sunday. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Carter & Susan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 am

Fabulous, Kurt! We're so happy you can join us. Just be sure and call the campground ((502)695-9154) before September 8th to book that specific site, and we look forward to seeing you there!
:applause:

Let us know if you need any more info...

Thanks,
Susan
Last edited by Carter & Susan on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Carter & Susan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:20 am

ParTaxer wrote:I'll try and make that one. Interested in talking with you guys about the new chapter.

ParTaxer, do you know if you'll be able to make it? We'd love it if you could join us.
:worship:

Thanks,
Susan
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 am

Carter & Susan wrote:Fabulous, Kurt! We're so happy you can join us. Just be sure and call the campground ((502)695-9154) before September 8th to book that specific site, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Let us know if you need any more info...

Thanks Carter, I'm looking forward to it.

I called and reserved the site. I should receive confirmation from the campground soon.

BTW, Madison is this coming weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow and will stay down there for (5) days. Then, it's off to Bean Blossom, IN for the Blues fest there. I will be gone for 10 days. Boy, that bed at home will probably feel really good by the time I get back.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Carter & Susan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 am

Kurt - oh to be "retired". Will try and make it up to Ribberfest for the day but no promises at this time. Must finished work first.

Glad you're coming down in September - looking forward to seeing you again.

Take care and enjoy the retirement life, Carter
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby ParTaxer » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 pm

I just reserved site # 6. The guy told me that 6 thru 17 were for teardropers. Looking forward to meeting all!
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby Carter & Susan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:45 am

Hey everybody,

We are now just a week and a half out until the Bluegrass Chapter Gathering, and the response has been fabulous! Here's the wonderful crowd we have joining us so far:

# Name(s)
6 Mike W
8 Kurt
9 Glen & Sheila
10 Carter & Susan
11 Mike & Tracy
12 Mark & Pat
13 Tim & Judy
14 John T. & Linda
15 Perry & Kim
16 Dale & Flo
17 Trixson & Terri

As you can see, we have almost filled our block, but I'm sure we could squeeze in a few more, don't ya think?

Also, for those of you who have already made your reservations, please let us know if you are interested in the Buffalo Trace distillery tour. Even if you don't drink the stuff, I hear the process is fascinating to see! If you are interested, just let us know so we can make arrangements. Thanks!
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Return to Midwest