Spring Mill State Park 2010 -- Hoosier Chapter Gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby 48Rob » Sun May 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks Mark,

Figured I'd load up some door pizes for the kids...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rladams39 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm

We will be bringing our boys, 8 months and 6 years old, Also plan on bringing cowboy beans for the dinner on sat. There were no rooms available at the inn, So we will be staying at a hotel in Bedford.
Would have liked to been able to bring the camper But it is going to be a few more weeks before it is sleepable. Still looking forward to hanging out and meeting new people, looking at campers, and having a good time.
We are taking our camper on its maiden trip to Holiday World for the 4th of july weekend.
rladams39
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Sun May 16, 2010 5:39 pm

dan galvin wrote:Hay BOB Did you give then the tires with it :drofl: :drofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's HEY! sp

Yes they had a pair and a spare . And they also brought 2. The ones on the ground were poor at best and they brought 2 good ones to change. Do any one of you know that if you are stranded they (Wally world) will not put a tire in your possection on a rim. If you don't buy it there they will not put the tire on the rim. Thank you Wally World. Maybe we should all Write a letter !! So they went 250 miles home on poor tires and made it. The Michigan PoPO pulled then over for plates and they showed them the bill of sale and all was cool. In short they made it, and they will be on the forum soon.
Last edited by bobhenry on Mon May 17, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby rladams39 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:46 pm

bobhenry wrote:
dan galvin wrote:Hay BOB Did you give then the tires with it :drofl: :drofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's HEY! sp

Yes they had a pair and a spare . And they also brought 2. The ones on the ground were poor at best and they brought 2 good ones to change. Do any one of you know that if you are stranded they (Wally world will not) put a tire in your possection on a rim. If you don't but it there they will not put the tire on the rim. Thank you Wally World. Maybe we should al Write a letter !! So they went 250 miles home on por tires and made it. The Michigan PoPO puled then over for plates and they showed them the bill of sale and all was cool. In short they made it and they wil be on the frun soon.

That all has to do with liability insurance, so they dont get sued over a bad tire that they didnt sell to you, Alot of tire shops do not like to put tires on that you just carry in.
rladams39
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Sun May 16, 2010 5:53 pm

We will be bringing our boys, 8 months and 6 years old, Also plan on bringing cowboy beans for the dinner on sat. There were no rooms available at the inn, So we will be staying at a hotel in Bedford.

Mr. Adams,

I look forward to meeting you, glad you can come!

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rladams39 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

48Rob wrote:

Mr. Adams,

I look forward to meeting you, glad you can come!

Rob

Well anyone named Rob must be a good person right? LOL
rladams39
Teardrop Master

I will be there Friday !!!

Postby shortgmanp » Sun May 16, 2010 5:59 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to let you all know that I will be there on Friday evening. We have been so busy this month that we still have to decide on our food, but we will have something good. I do not want to steal the tread, but I finally got to test my camper. I learned that teardrop camping will take some getting used to. I was not used to all the attention it would bring me. I tested my camper by driving it to Darlington for my first Nascar race. My buddy told me we had a tent site, but we ended up in the RV section. I felt like a tadpole in a large pond. I quickly learned that my little hand made camper was the talk of the campground. I had so many visitors, taking pics and asking questions that it was embarrasing at first. I heard a woman and man talking about he camper while I was walking back to the campsite after the race. I did not say a word to her, just listened. I had people waving on the road, and a man yelling beautiful camper at me while I was sitting at a gas station. I know you do not know me, but I do not believe in bragging, I am just shocked!!! See you Friday
I am a workaholic that loves a good challenge. It will also give my dad and me a good project to work on together. I plan on putting several miles on this teardrop, so I want to build it right.
shortgmanp
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 am

Makes all the hard work kinda worthwhile don't it.

Gas stations , Grocery stores , campgrounds we love giving the 30 second tour. We had one fellow who wanted to know it all. I finally had to pop the hatch and swing out the kitchen to show him how it all folds up 8)

I was lovin' it though !

Back on topic...... This is the week we been lookin' for !

Are we gonna break 40 this gathering ?
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby prohandyman » Mon May 17, 2010 6:28 am

If everyone brings a canopy, rain coats, and umbrellas, we won't see any liquid sunshine!!
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 17, 2010 6:49 am

prohandyman wrote:If everyone brings a canopy, rain coats, and umbrellas, we won't see any liquid sunshine!!

Now that's funny ........

I loaded the easy up ~2 rain suits (his & Hers) ~and a good sized umbrella in the tear yesterday. Had a honey do list to purchase a small new tarp to put over the pull out privacy curtain area. Even got a carpet remnant ready to toss on the truck for a "MUD RUG" .

With all those precautions it is bound to be 78 and sunny !

Jeff was over this weekend and he is bringing the 10 x 20 canopy so the population of "Dogtown" will have a place to get out and mingle but still stay dry if the rain persists.

The one thing I am dreading is wet dog smell ya think they would be pissed if I fabreezed them. :thinking:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 17, 2010 7:03 am

Mitchell weather .....http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/USIN0426?role=

Note that Thursday and Friday are only a 30% chance !

And Sat and Sunday is beautiful !

We WILL get lucky !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:17 am

bobhenry wrote:Mitchell weather .....http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/USIN0426?role=

Note that Thursday and Friday are only a 30% chance !

And Sat and Sunday is beautiful !

We WILL get lucky !

Yes we will. :thumbsup:

70% chance of great weather :applause:

100% chance of great friends

0% chance of "not having a good time" 8)
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Anne » Mon May 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Boy, I just hate to write this down..makes it all too real...but site #154 is available :(

We have had a family conflict come up, and the 6 1/2 hour drive is too much to consider at this time. Have looked forward to this since January! AND everything is packed and in the garage ready to go:( And the camper has been thoroughly checked and cleaned. And the food is planned.

I have decided I can still take the camper out for 2 days anyway to a local state park, so that is better than nothing!

Let me say, however, that I am impressed by your organization, the number of participants, and the camaraderie that is exhibited here:) It's wonderful...and I will indeed try for another gathering!

In the meantime...have a WONDERFUL time and I will meet you here on the board!

Thanks,
Anne
Anne
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Anne wrote:Boy, I just hate to write this down..makes it all too real...but site #154 is available :(

We have had a family conflict come up, and the 6 1/2 hour drive is too much to consider at this time. Have looked forward to this since January! AND everything is packed and in the garage ready to go:( And the camper has been thoroughly checked and cleaned. And the food is planned.

I have decided I can still take the camper out for 2 days anyway to a local state park, so that is better than nothing!

Let me say, however, that I am impressed by your organization, the number of participants, and the camaraderie that is exhibited here:) It's wonderful...and I will indeed try for another gathering!

In the meantime...have a WONDERFUL time and I will meet you here on the board!

Thanks,
Anne

Anne, so sorry you had a conflict come up. Sometimes "life" gets in the way.
I look forward to seeing you at one of our gatherings in the future.

Thanks for letting us know about site #154.

Take care and enjoy your teardrop. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Anne, All we can say is ":cry:"

"Dogtown" will miss ya !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club