Long New Year's Weekend...

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Long New Year's Weekend...

Postby roadmaven » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:50 am

So, am I the only one around here with three days off getting the bug to hitch up this weekend and get out?? Yeah, it's 11 degrees as I type, but man, it's a nice sunny day in Indiana!!
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Postby ERV » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Pat, I was the same way this morning when I got up. But then I stepped outside and saw the light rain we got last night froze on evert thing. So I went back inside and built a fire and got out the pie irons. So now that I sit here in the warm and am full, watching it snow again. NO! :lol: Erv
ERV & JAN
Medina, Ohio
ERV
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:06 pm

I'd have to second the fire thing I woke to a 60F house so the first thing I did was build a fire and complain about the cold. Of coarse being under the weather isn't helping at all.

But only a couple weeks till the Shiveree and you can test the camper out in the cold :twisted: I'm so ready :campfire:

Are you joining us Pat?
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby roadmaven » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Jst83 wrote:Are you joining us Pat?

I hope so! If it's a day like today, I probably will, unless my schedule changes. I was half tempted to head up to Mounds today! If that wild hair returns, I may just be up there Saturday. We can all hang out in the T@B if it gets too cold. I found out that it'll hold 8 people! I was browsing YouTube and found a video that shows how T@Bs are made. At the 9:20 mark, you'll see how they pack 'em in! :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDq5S_9NKk

Hey, I checked accuweather.com and the 15 day forecast shows "showers at times" & high of 38 in Anderson on Friday the 15th.
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Return to Midwest