Hoosier Chapter Summer gathering-Whitewater SP

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Trying to wrangle in a few more folk I looked up centervill Ohio on Mapquest. When I saw how close Tim was I P.M.ed him on t&ttt (yep he's on the forum) and talked him into joining us. I want to see his almost brand new tiny trailer anyway :thumbsup:

Tim is only 43 miles from the park :x

I am driving 127 miles and live in Indiana , He' out of state and damn near next door sometime life just ain't fair :lol: :lol: :lol: .

ON ANOTHER NOTE ........

Door prizes or not ???? That is the question ! :roll:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:42 pm

TO ALL ATTENDING...........

I have several items cluttering my front porch....

Anyone want a new 10" A/C fan , or a 1500 watt heater , or a camping pan/skillet combo. How about a redneck water heater (32 cup coffee maker) or a man Killin' 20" Lodge skillet . I think there is yet another toaster oven and a new electric ice cream maker also. I have about 8 more 14" lid lifters and when they are gone they are gone. Also several strands of string lights. Most were Goodwill bargains. The lid lifters are marked down to $15.00 each and the other items are what ever the sticker says plus one buck for shipping and handeling tax title and dealer prep :laughter:

Let me know and I'll drag them down and you can make your final decision when you see them. If no one lets me know I ain't dragging them with me.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:37 pm

bobhenry wrote:or a man Killin' 20" Lodge skillet .the other items are what ever the sticker says plus one buck for shipping and handeling tax title and dealer prep :laughter:

what's the sticker on the skillet again I think you told me that, there's a good chance I'll take that off your hands
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

I thought of you when I grabbed it .

I'll bring it and we can decide then.

I know mama wants another koolie (purple if ya got it)

I do know it will make 12 real good sized salmon patty's all at once :lol:
Last edited by bobhenry on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:36 pm

bobhenry wrote:I thought of you when I grabbed it .

I'll bring it and we can decide then.

I do know it will make 12 real good sized salnon patty's all at once :lol:

I know mama wants another koozie (purple if ya got it)

Sounds perfect for my family, we actually had salmon patties the other night.

:thumbsup: Still have the koozies I'll be bringing the box with me for anyone that wants one, only $1.50
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby alanmcd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:19 pm

bobhenry wrote:Door prizes or not ???? That is the question ! :roll:

What about a give-away type thing like ya'll had at Spring Mill where everyone can just put in what they have and take what they want?

Scott, we could use a couple of coozies, too, if you have 'em. :D How much are they?

-Alan
alanmcd
Teardrop Builder

Postby alanmcd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Jst83 wrote:Still have the koozies I'll be bringing the box with me for anyone that wants one, only $1.50

Oh you said how much already. :oops: My bad...

-Alan
alanmcd
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jst83 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:33 pm

alanmcd wrote:
Jst83 wrote:Still have the koozies I'll be bringing the box with me for anyone that wants one, only $1.50

Oh you said how much already. :oops: My bad...

-Alan

No problem I'll have lots.

As for the door prize thing, not sure what Kurt has planned exactly but I think he's planning prizes for the different games going on Fri and Sat with awards Sat night at the pitch in.

Correct me if I'm wrong Kurt, I can handle the truth :lol:

OK map with a couple changes, still at 25 and holding

Buttons Buttons, let me know if you've not received a name tag button for joining us. I can't make them when I'm there and would hate to miss any one I've got 3 so far

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Scott, I posted this (on both forums) earlier, but for some reason it didn't show up

To answer Bob's question:

Bob, yes there will be "door prizes".

I have some more that I've rounded up to bring along.

Everyone who wants to help out , please bring along a "Camping related" door prize. It can be new or old. (re-gifting is popular these days)

We'll have a collection table set up near my site (#142) and a board with everyones Site # on it.

At Spring Mill we had more than enough for everyone to grab a prize and I would like to see that happen again at Whitewater.

It's a "first come" prize table, so don't forget to come down and get a "door prize". (site #142) You can get yours early or wait for something more desireable to show up on the table. - your choice.

After you choose one, just cross off your site# on the board so that others can have a chance to get something.

Door prizes will be available starting Friday evening (before and after the Wine and Cheese)

Here is an event schedule for the gathering:

Whitewater State Park
July 29-Aug 1, 2010
Events Schedule

Thursday July 29: Early arrival. Get to know the other campers and plan out your weekend.

Team selection – Set up (4) person teams to compete in the events on Friday and Sat.
“Team awardsâ€
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:12 am

bobhenry wrote:TO ALL ATTENDING...........

I have several items cluttering my front porch....

Anyone want a new 10" A/C fan , or a 1500 watt heater , or a camping pan/skillet combo. How about a redneck water heater (32 cup coffee maker) or a man Killin' 20" Lodge skillet . I think there is yet another toaster oven and a new electric ice cream maker also. I have about 8 more 14" lid lifters and when they are gone they are gone. Also several strands of string lights. Most were Goodwill bargains. The lid lifters are marked down to $15.00 each and the other items are what ever the sticker says plus one buck for shipping and handeling tax title and dealer prep :laughter:

Let me know and I'll drag them down and you can make your final decision when you see them. If no one lets me know I ain't dragging them with me.

UPDATE....... Scott has dibs on the 20" skillet and Scuba has the coffee maker. 8) How about some bud light beer lamps got a dozen. $9.00 each or a pair for $15.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 am

site 226

:shock: :shock:

Wow Tim S. are ya bringing your golf cart too so you can drive over and visit us.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 pm

Damn I jinxed it didn't I .................

To: bobhenry
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 pm
Subject: can't make it
I'm going to have to cancel this one Bob. My little dog had a seizere this morning. I just brought her back home from getting a transfusion. Last month I was told she is in kidney failure and was being treated by her vet. Seemed she was doing good but all the poisons were just building up in her blood. I don't think I'll be able to get a refund from the site so if you know anyone that wants to go but can't afford it, you can let them have my site. Another time maybe. Ya'll have fun and play good together.

I told him to try for a refund but if anyone is last minute and can help tim out here ya go. I bet the park will let you sub for one closer also.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby dougmill01 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Site 206!!!!
dougmill01
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jst83 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:08 pm

dougmill01 wrote:Site 206!!!!

Welcome Doug :thumbsup: See you tomorrow

26 :applause: always setting new records this is a supper turnout for a mid summer gathering

Oops :oops: excuse the map it says Doug on 26 guess I just had 26 campers on the brain he is on site 206 I at least colored the correct site
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby roadmaven » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Scott -- Any word from Joe in site 207? The reservation site shows 207 open Friday & Saturday nights.
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest