Hoosier Chapter Fall Gathering -Prophetstown SP

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby prohandyman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Jarred
It would be great to see you both (3?) Laura will be there with pretzels waiting!! 8)
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:09 pm

bobhenry wrote:Scuba was trying to convince me the potluck was
gonna be in the rain.

Just to clear the air, I did nothing of the sort. I simply mentioned what the weather was showing yesterday but tried to convince you of nothing.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Rain or shine I will be there with ya little buddy 8) :rainy:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Found this in my E mail Friday Evening

Hey, Bob:
Give me a call Monday morning after 9 a.m. I'd like to write a story for Tuesday's paper on the upcoming visit of the Indiana Tearjerkers next weekend at Prophetstown State Park.
I'll process a few your photos.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Bob

Bob Scott
Reporter
Lafayette (IN) Journal & Courier

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 am

bobhenry wrote:Found this in my E mail Friday Evening

Hey, Bob:
Give me a call Monday morning after 9 a.m. I'd like to write a story for Tuesday's paper on the upcoming visit of the Indiana Tearjerkers next weekend at Prophetstown State Park.
I'll process a few your photos.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Bob

Bob Scott
Reporter
Lafayette (IN) Journal & Courier

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

UPDATE : HELP !

I need the help of the troops..... Anybody and everybody that has 10 minutes TODAY (Sunday 9/19/10) please pick out 5 pics each....

catagories your rig , your galley , a good food close up , a great shot of a monster chow line at a pot luck , and any novelty pic .

Send to [email protected]

A brief thank you note for the coverage in the paper and his article would be nice.

I think we can get them over for some Saturday pics if we can bury him with an outpouring of good pictures.

Thanks for the help Bob

Please take a few moments and send him your selections.

And I want to send the newspaper copy to the local TV station with a letter that we were so sorry they missed us ( dripping sarcasm)
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Mark72 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:49 am

Jarred&Misty wrote:I'll call ya and let ya know when he gets here and you can pass on the good word that we have a new teardropper!
Jarred :)

I'm sure Jaxon is going to love camping as much as his mom and dad do so be sure to break him in soon. Chloe was 3 mos old when she got to go the first time. We stopped and got a plastic dish pan at wally world for bath time,Got a pic somewhere.. :lol:

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

no room at the campground

Postby jlreyburn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Sadly, we tried to make reservations for the campground, but there's no sites left. We've new to the teardrop and have only had ours for less than a year. We actually met a couple at Shades in September who built there own unit. We'll try a campground near and come in to see the camper on Saturday>
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jst83 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:48 pm

:thumbsup: Great we look forward to meeting you, sorry you couldn't get a site they sure booked up fast.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: no room at the campground

Postby bobhenry » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 pm

jlreyburn wrote:Sadly, we tried to make reservations for the campground, but there's no sites left. We've new to the teardrop and have only had ours for less than a year. We actually met a couple at Shades in September who built there own unit. We'll try a campground near and come in to see the camper on Saturday>

I know I have overstepped my bounds but they don't. Just trying to run a good bluff and get some action. Probably won't work but at least they will know there are 40 -50 pised off folks.

Here is the bluff e mail.

Susan: ( one of the kahoonas at reservation central)

At your urging I spoke with assistant manager Hill mid week last week and the property manager was to contact me about our delima. To date he has not bothered. Here is a 3rd response from the 6 folks that found themself out in the cold for our quarterly gathering.

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 pm Post subject: no room at the campground

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sadly, we tried to make reservations for the campground, but there's no sites left. We've new to the teardrop and have only had ours for less than a year. We actually met a couple at Shades in September who built there own unit. We'll try a campground near and come in to see the camper on Saturday"

We have 20 reservations confirmed can we transfer them to Turkey run without penalty since we have heard nothing about being able to double up. They said we could have an extra tent on each site ~~~our trailers will FIT in a 10 x 10 pop up.~~~~

What is the problem. We are more than willing to make an extra donation to the park but if this can not be resolved we would like to transfer in total to Turkey run with your help.

Prophetstown will be removed from our park list and their uncooperative attitude will be nothing more than a bad memory.

Bob Henry

765-538-2580
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby jlreyburn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow, I'm impressed! Good memo, good try...having camped at most the parks I don't believe customer satisfaction is a high priority. The thought is appreciated, sorry we couldn't get a reservation earlier but the weekend just freed up. We're looking at Mississinwana or Tippecanoe...either way we'll stop by the park on Saturday. Dying to see eveyones teardrops but sad I can't show mine off. Our Names are Jody and Dave Reyburn, see you on Saturday!
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 am

Sometimes Dumb Luck wins !

Here is the response

Bob,

In response to you e-mail below. I had to wait and get the official answer from the property manager.

I can only move as fast as I get answers. I am OK with doubling up sites, but you need to e-mail me how many and on what sites they will be on

Skyler Hill

Assistant Property manager
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 am

Note to the Reyburns ~~~~

Dave and Jody. Would you please join the wife and I on site #208.

Please confirm so I can reply to our friend Mr. Hill.

I really want a good response so if there are any other fence setters just speak up I am certain we can find some one to double you up with.
Last edited by bobhenry on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 am

And this followed in right behind Mr. Hill. "Park, ParkLakeInfo" <[email protected]>View Contact
To: BOB HENRY <[email protected]>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Bob.

RE: No response on campsites for tear drop members.

I have been advised that Prophetstown is working on helping you out with the campsites. Make sure you give them the information they need to help them get this resolved to everyone’s satisfaction. You should be hearing from the Property Manager or Assistant Property Manger sometime today.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused for you and your members.

As always we strive to make our customer’s happy.

Have a great day.

Susan
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 am

Bob, you are a man of "endless energy". Thanks for all the work you're doing for us at Prophetstown(and other places). Believe me, It's appreciated.

Looks like good weather is expected but HOT on Thursday. :shock:

Thursday Sept 23
Partly sunny & Hot
92° Lo 68°

Friday Sep 24
Intervals of clouds and sun
85° Lo 62°
RealFeel®89° / Lo 62°

Saturday Sep 25
Thunderstorms possible 35%
82° Lo 56°
RealFeel®84° / Lo 54°

Sunday Sep 26
Mostly cloudy and warm
79° Lo 52°
RealFeel®80° / Lo 57°
Last edited by Kurt (Indiana) on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 am

4 days to go - Who's bring what to the Pot Luck? :roll:

Kurt - slow cooked roast, potatoes, onions
Rick & Leona - Brats and Cheese Grillers
Bob & Vickie - Stew-Chili-or whatever
Dave & Barb - broccoli/cauliflower/lettuce and etc salad plus some kind of dessert
Jim & Sharon - vegetable salad or fresh veggies plus a fresh fruit salad
Tom L - veggie salad and pineapple upside down cake
Jeff#2 - Ribs
Dan & Laura - an un-named dessert
Tom & Diane - cowboy beans
Joe & Anita - dessert
Scott & Amy - pulled pork BBQ plus dessert

Option for those who are too full from going to Triple XXX. - just come and enjoy the desserts.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest