Michigan Gathering - Oct 8-10, 2010 - Lake Macatawa-Holland

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Michigan Gathering - Oct 8-10, 2010 - Lake Macatawa-Holland

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Are you ready for another GREAT camping adventure
with the Great Lakes Chapter of Tearjerkers????

The Great Lakes Chapter of Tearjerkers invites you to our second gathering of 2010!

WHEN:
Friday October 8 through Sunday October 10, 2010.

WHERE:
Lake Macatawa Campgrounds (Woodstock Loop) at the Holland State Park in Western Michigan’s Ottawa County.

2215 Ottawa Beach Road - Holland, MI 49424.
Campground phone number: (616) 399-9390

Holland is a very pretty area along Lake Michigan. It is Southwest of Grand Rapids. We will be a stones throw from Lake Michigan on a smaller inland lake, Lake Macatawa.

The website says, “Holland State Park offers an expansive, sandy beach along Lake Michigan, two large campgrounds and a beautiful view of sailboats and sunsets. The park is divided into two separate units; one along Lake Michigan and the other along Lake Macatawaâ€
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby Judeyramone » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Don't know how it works, since I don't have a camper of any sort, but are tenters welcome at RV sites? I have 3 kids who pester me to camp in the tent all the time. This sounds like a good enough excuse.
Judeyramone
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Judeyramone wrote:Don't know how it works, since I don't have a camper of any sort, but are tenters welcome at RV sites? I have 3 kids who pester me to camp in the tent all the time. This sounds like a good enough excuse.

By all means, if you want to camp in a tent get signed up and join in on the fun. Heck, Karl will have a trailer plus 27,000 square feet of tent coverage at his camp site!
:lol:

Let us know what you decide and we will get you on the map. Hope you can make it.
:)
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Judeyramone wrote:Don't know how it works, since I don't have a camper of any sort, but are tenters welcome at RV sites? I have 3 kids who pester me to camp in the tent all the time. This sounds like a good enough excuse.

Sorry I didn't respond until now. Lots of family stuff going on.

As Scuba Jeff said, if you want to camp in a tent, that's just fine. You should absolutely join in on the fun so please make a reservation then let us know which campsite you have. We'd love to have you there, travel trailer or no travel trailer. Appease your dear children by coming to our gathering!!!!! Your kids might have a lot of fun walking the shores of Lake Michigan, which is just over the sanddune from our campgrounds.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

East Enders of Lake Erie

Postby Buffalo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 am

[b]We are new to tear dropping as we purchased out six wide Little Guy Platform in July. Facebook had a Tear Jerker Buckeye Club page so we joined it and are looking forward to the Columbus Day rally with them as you also chose that weekend. Perhaps we can join in one of your rallys. Just wanted to say hello and have a wonderful rally
deb and Sue Buffalo NY

can't resize any photo's
for your program
so when you
see us it'll be a nice
surprise :applause:
Buffalo
Teardrop Inspector

Re: East Enders of Lake Erie

Postby Karl » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 am

Buffalo wrote:[b]We are new to tear dropping as we purchased out six wide Little Guy Platform in July. Facebook had a Tear Jerker Buckeye Club page so we joined it and are looking forward to the Columbus Day rally with them as you also chose that weekend. Perhaps we can join in one of your rallys. Just wanted to say hello and have a wonderful rally
deb and Sue Buffalo NY

can't resize any photo's
for your program
so when you
see us it'll be a nice
surprise :applause:

I know you will have a great time with Galen and his people. Should be fun. Keep watching the forums for gatherings in Michigan and other areas.
If you can make it to one of ours next year, we'd love to have you two drive over from Buffalo.
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

thanks for the welcome

Postby Buffalo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:37 am

I've bookmarked ya See you next year..btw what month do you start TearJerking? :shake hands:
Buffalo
Teardrop Inspector

Re: thanks for the welcome

Postby Karl » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Buffalo wrote:I've bookmarked ya See you next year..btw what month do you start TearJerking? :shake hands:

Well, I'll probably head down to the Hoosier "Winter Shiveree" some time in January. I'm trying to find a place up here that is open during February and has electricity plus an outhouse. So, as far as the Great Lakes chapter's start of camping, it will likely be in February followed by May then mid-summer, and the fall.
Look forward to having you at one or more of our gatherings next year!!
Keep an eye on the Great Lakes area of the Tearjerkers website...http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=8
Karl
Karl
Silver Donating Member

brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Postby Buffalo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:42 pm

well good for you. You must have great warm weather gear.
Cheers
deb
Buffalo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 am

Tomorrow is the big day for anyone thinking of joining this fun gathering in Holland Michigan. We are at 10 reserved on the shores of Lake Michigan but there is still room to join. Hope to see you there...

The weather, food and company will be great so what's stopping you?

You can reserve
HERE

Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Return to Midwest