Lost Bridge SRA Weekend

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Lost Bridge SRA Weekend

Postby roadmaven » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:35 am

We spent our first weekend at Salamonie Reservoir at Lost Bridge SRA this weekend. It initially was to be just Saturday night, but as we were hitched up and ready to go Sunday, the fuel pump on the truck decided it pump its last pump, so we had to have it towed to Huntington Monday for repairs. Other than the cost of the repair, we're not complaining too much since we had a fantastic view of the reservoir in Section 3.

We walked the whole campground and there are very few spots up there where we wouldn't be happy with. Lots of nice little loops where the sites are secluded in the woods for some privacy, as well as the prime lakefront spots where we were. More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11019355@N ... 145484662/
Last edited by roadmaven on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 am

We had the 08 Fall gathering there. It was a great area and a really nice well maintained park. I think we met every member of the staff. They all came down to see the little trailers as time in their schedules permitted.
Looks like you are on the tip of the loop that extends into the lake. Scott had a lot of good pics in the salamonie thread. Here is one someone had taken, I stole it for my album. :o

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby jlreyburn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:58 pm

We've never been to that park, but thanks to your photos it's on our list! Love your Scotty! :ok:
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby roadmaven » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 am

jlreyburn wrote:We've never been to that park, but thanks to your photos it's on our list! Love your Scotty! :ok:

I don't think you'll be disappointed! We're likely heading back up there ourselves before the end of the year, if not later this month.
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Return to Midwest