Shiveree 4

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby taberella » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 am

Will bring large pot of puppy-breath chili with toppings: crackers, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. I also have large "hot" insulated cups to serve it in and spoons. Ella & Tom
Ella, traveling in the T@BERELLA with husband Tom.
taberella
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jst83 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 am

:shock: Wow we're getting dumped on and everyone's still talking about it now that's hard core. Hope I can get my tear out from beside the barn :oops: I didn't bet on this much snow.

If any one's feeling iffy about it please remember I'd rather see eveyone in May than have something happen to someone trying to get to this one.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Rich » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 am

I'll be bringing a big pot of my award winning world famous (that's just my opinion) Chili.
:picnic:
Rich
Rich and Val
Rich
Teardrop Builder

Postby Danno » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:07 pm

You guys are nuts. I think I'd fit right in. Maybe I'll get this thing started and finished to make it to maybe the 6th one, lol.

It just keeps coming down in my area! I think roads should all be taken care of by the time you all head to the party, and hopefully there will still be a nice layer of the white stuff to add to the ambiance of the whole thing.
Danno
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Friday is partly cloudy with peeks of sunshine to get the roads in shape. Weekend temps are ranging mid 30's to high teens at night. Percipitation possibility is only 20 - 30% on Sat and Sunday.

Looks like it will be yet another well planned Shivaree.

Scotty, get that trailer out of mothballs !

Hey Dan are ya gonna make it ?

We can't break a 4 year run can we ?
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby taberella » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Roads are looking good in NW Ohio after the bright sun today. Best of all -- I ordered a pair of silk long-johns from LLBean and they arrived today -- and rooting around in the attic I found a full suit winter/insulated pants and jacket that fits me! Reading up on "cold weather camping" I see the key is layers of clothing and to eat lots of food and "stoke the internal furnace". Sounds good to me! I'm brining my little doggie Charlie Button, and just made her a complete set of long-johns and booties with leather soles. So looking forward to this!
Ella, traveling in the T@BERELLA with husband Tom.
taberella
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 am

Vickie and I will arrive about noon Sat. I am going to place a call to the park today to make them aware of our plans. Last year they had our blacktop pads all cleaned off and ready for us.

As a hint to those coming...... If you preheat your trailer the night before the bedding and all the inside materials are warm and it is so much easier to heat up the trailer again upon arrival.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Rich » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 am

Anybody else thinking about arriving on Friday, my goal is to get there around 3pm. Looking forward to great weekend.

Rich
Rich and Val
Rich
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:40 am

As sent to Mounds State Park at 8:34 AM Thursday the 13th

The Indiana Tearjerkers are once again going to have our winter Shivaree at Mounds State Park this Saturday 1/15/2011 . We are expecting 8 - 12 tiny trailers in our group.
We appreciated all that was done for us last year by your staff. Should their be any problem with our attendance in the electric campground somewhere near the pit toilet area I would be deeply appreciative of a call at 765-538-2580 or my E mail address posted above.

Thanking you and your staff in advance Bob Henry

OOPS ! Sorry Rich didn't think about Friday when I sent this Message but I am sure the park will take good care of ya till us workin' folk can get there.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Rich » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 am

bobhenry wrote:
OOPS ! Sorry Rich didn't think about Friday when I sent this Message but I am sure the park will take good care of ya till us workin' folk can get there.

That's okay Bob, I'm bringing my shovel just in case. :D

Rich
Rich and Val
Rich
Teardrop Builder

Postby roadmaven » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 am

Rich -- If we're able to get our Scotty out of Elkhart Friday, we should be there sometime Friday afternoon.
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Postby Rich » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Trailer is all ready to go, just need to pack some items tomorrow in the truck and I am on the road by 1pm. Hope everyone has a safe trip, see you on Friday or Saturday.
Rich
Rich and Val
Rich
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 am

Just heard from the park manager at Mounds and all is clean and green.

They will shove off 8 - 10 pads for us . If you want the exercise , you can pick a snow covered one. All sites are fair game.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby roadmaven » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Greetings from Shiveree! There are 3 of us here, but we're all in for the nite. See everyone Saturday!
roadmaven
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Midwest