Crossroads of America Gathering 2011

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Karl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:34 am

Being the snappy dresser I obviously am (see pic below :shock: ), I must confess that I get asked quite often how someone can make their man look more macho for them. And, of course, men seek me out all the time wanting to know how to look more manly for their better half. Well, I showed everyone how to look more manly and macho at last Friday evening’s Wine and Cheese party at the Crossroads of America Tear Jerkers gathering when I sported a pair of spiffy and stylish Teardrop Slippers. Yes, nothing screams out that you have an over-abundance of testosterone more than wearing a pair of Teardrop slippers while camping at a state park. :thinking:

That evening, we auctioned off an unused pair of these slippers (along with cutting off half of my goatee) in order to raise $150 for the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation.
I was asked many times where I got the slippers from so I thought I would provide the URL plus give a special thank you to the creative person who makes them. :applause:

The slippers are from: http://www.vroomers.com.

Rhonda, a Great Lakes Chapter Tear Jerkers member who lives a few miles from me sells these cool slippers. You can buy them directly on her website. If you have any questions, please email her at [email protected]. She has six different styles of which 3 are trailer-related. You can see them at: http://vroomers.com/Styles.html/

Thank you Rhonda for your generous donation of the Woody Teardrop Trailer Slippers. They not only made me look very cool, they helped raise money to assist with awareness of Inflammatory Breast Cancer. :thumbs up1:

Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 am

I put the WTIU broadcast in the sticky video section and so while I had it I thought I'd toss it in here also. These folk did a beautiful job !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3IRg8ZcaZ7w
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 am

Cool Slippers Karl. Try hold that testosterone under control will ya'?

I have several 2XL CRA T-shirts left if any would like one (or two).

They cost $10 (no shipping) at the gathering, but you can buy one for $10 (including shipping) if you'd like.

Post here to get your shirt(s).
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 pm

We had a great time, and Kurt I would like to pass along a compliment. When we checked in the individual at the gate said this group had done the best job of communicating with them. :thumbsup:
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:We had a great time, and Kurt I would like to pass along a compliment. When we checked in the individual at the gate said this group had done the best job of communicating with them. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment. I was there the Thursday (July 7) and I talked to the check-in people, the Park office people and two of the "head" Rangers to make sure everyone was aware of the size of the group coming in. They were all easy to work with and the smoothness was apparent.

I am still surprised at how smoothly the system performed. Those things can keep you up at night with that many people coming in.

Everything went well. The weather, the check-in, the activities, etc.

Our organizing committee, sponsors and supporting cast really did the job and it was a pleasure to work with everyone.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby mechmagcn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Being a newbie to the Tearjerkers group I was unsure what would go on at this gathering. I am happy to say that I had a blast, met many new friends and ate way too much good food. I want to thank all involved in the organization of this event and the many folks who were so friendly and helpful. I know I didn't meet everyone, that was just impossible with the number of folks there, but I will always remember the new friends I met. I am sure this won't be the last TJ event that I will attend :D
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:07 pm

I have several 2XL CRA T-shirts left if any would like one (or two).

They cost $10 (no shipping) at the gathering, but you can buy one for $10 (including shipping) if you'd like.

Post here or send me a "PM" or email to get your shirt(s).
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Rick & Leona » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:06 am

Any word on a fall gathering? I'm all ready for another rally (and cooler camping weather) :applause:
Rick & Leona
Rick & Leona
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 am

Rick & Leona wrote:Any word on a fall gathering? I'm all ready for another rally (and cooler camping weather) :applause:

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 489#848489
http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/vi ... =17&t=4544

Always check in the "gathering section" of "Tearjerkers" or in the Midwest section of T&TTT.

The above links will show you about the Fall gathering. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Re: Crossroads of America Gathering 2011

Postby boomer » Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 am

we are still talking about this wonderful trip & gathering....is there anything in the works for 2013? 8)
boomer
Teardrop Master

Re: Crossroads of America Gathering 2011

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 22, 2012 10:32 am

I was allowed behind the scenes on this one and it is truely unbelievable the hundreds and hundreds of hours of planning involved. There were multiple directors and co directors that helped in the planning of the CRA. This monster was a grand sight to behold. It was so nice to finally get to actually meet folks that are here on the forum everyday. I like you, hope another such opportunity will arise but after living thru this one I don't think the planning committee is really over this one yet.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Previous

Return to Midwest