Cooler Near the Lake VI

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Cooler Near the Lake VI

Postby Gary and Cheri » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Here is the latest update as best as i can figure out. There are still several campsites available in our circle. They are 001 (which would be in with our group and 027, 028 (which are farther away). A very good bet for anyone who is thinking about coming would be sites 087 or 088 which are seperated from us by 20 feet and there is a path right at these sites to our circle. Both are excellent sites.

Reservations can be made at: http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveameri ... ampingSpot

4 Sue and Carol (flygal6)
6 Gary and Cheri also Finnegan
7 Pat and Mark (Tearhead)
8 2Kirks (?)
9 Mike (Route66)
10 Steve (Woodbutcher)
11 Glenn and Opal
12 Tom and Char
13 Doug and Nan (Pigcooker)
14 Russ (Tom’s Brother) and Pat
15 Kevon and Annette (Outtahand)
17 Tom (Ptomaine)
19 BrwBier
22 Grant & Diane (gdpipkorn)
32 Dan Galvin
? Dennis and Cheryl (DWE)

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby dwe » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Cheryl and I will be in site 34
If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It Isn't Big Enough!
dwe
Teardrop Master

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:16 am

Assuming "2Kirks" took over the Happy Phantom's camping site we will have 16 trailers showing up. If you have not had a chance to go over to Pat's food sign up thread please drop by. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49282 If still in doubt about what to bring, I really like anything chocolate.

4 Sue and Carol (flygal6)
6 Gary and Cheri also Finnegan
7 Pat and Mark (Tearhead)
8 2Kirks (?)
9 Mike (Route66)
10 Steve (Woodbutcher)
11 Glenn and Opal
12 Tom and Char
13 Doug and Nan (Pigcooker)
14 Russ (Tom’s Brother) and Pat
15 Kevon and Annette (Outtahand)
17 Tom (Ptomaine)
19 BrwBier
22 Grant & Diane (gdpipkorn)
32 Dan Galvin
34 Dennis and Cheryl (DWE)

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Cooler Near the Lake VI

Postby TheWoodbot » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Hey all,

Super newbie here from Chicago.

What are the chances that you all could be bribed with some baked goods to let a pre-build newbie and his wife swing by to see some of your handiwork on Saturday?

I've been poking around trying to find a gathering close to home to get a first hand look at some tears, and stumbled on this one.

My wife and I have camped at Kohler many times. We sadly have commitments Friday night and Sunday early, but are so excited to start a build that a quick day trip up on Saturday would be worth it.

Let me know if you all are amenable or if there is another gathering in the near future that would be good to attend.

Thank you! I really look forward to joining the teardrop ranks soon.

Tim
TheWoodbot
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tearhead » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

100%! Come on over! We always have drive-in people who come for the day, as well as tent campers and assorted onlookers touring our campers, so the more the merrier! This would be true of any gathering, I think. :thumbsup:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Absolutely, come on by. We are more then happy to show you our trailers. There will be a good mix at this one to.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 pm

We are always having people stop by to see our tears and showing them off is a part of owning one. Hopefully you can hang around for our shared supper which is one of our highlights on any of our campouts. It's more than just owning a tear, it's about a lifestyle and the best people you can meet.

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Cooler Near the Lake VI

Postby TheWoodbot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:18 pm

That sounds great we'll swing by on Saturday.

And depending how the planning goes between now and then, pick up our chassis while in Wisconsin.

Thanks!
TheWoodbot
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Route66 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am

The weather is looking good !!! T-minus 1 week and counting . . .
Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in . . . - Mark Twain :)
Route66
Teardrop Master

Postby OuttaHand » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey, Woodbot -- you're planning the same thing I did a couple years ago. I came to CNTL IV (I think it was) to look at trailers because I was just about to start my build. But it was rainy and there was nobody at their trailers. They were all in the shelter.
I didn't get as many personal teardrop tours as I'd hoped. But if you come and don't see as many people as you'd like next to their campers, come to the shelter and look us up. I know there are plenty of us who would happily walk you back to our camp sites to show you our trailers inside and out!

ALSo -- HEY POTENTIAL GEOCACHERS -----
I am still planning to do some geocaching while at the campout and I'd love it if I had some company. I will have the caches printed out and will be happy to teach anyone who's interested the ins-and-outs of geocaching. It is a really fun, inexpensive way to explore the area and get some exercise!
Weather will be a big part of the determination of when we go, but I'm thinking Saturday afternoon just after lunch would be a good time.

I'm doing a few last-minute things to the "Little Tow" to get ready for next weekend. It will look a LOT different from last year!!! :)
Teardrop newbie but camping "oldster"
OuttaHand
Teardrop Master

Postby tearhead » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Good point. Check the shelter! Plus some of us visit after breakfast, host tours, and then go hiking, head for town, etc.. Probably mid-morning and mid-late afternoon would be best for seeing the greatest number of trailers.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby flygal6 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

I printed out all the caches in the park and also another 4-5 not too far into town also. Looking forward to it.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby OuttaHand » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:38 am

I have also printed the caches in and near the park. We can work from our printouts. Also, any of you with an iPhone could download and install the Geocaching app. It is available in the App Store. Search on "Geocaching". It is the app with that single word as a name and the icon has four colored squares on it. I can't remember if it cost anything. If it did, it was minimal.

There are also apps available for Droid and Windows phones. You can learn more about them on the Geocaching web site.

With that app on the iphone, you can look up the caches while you're there. It uses the phone's GPS to search from your current location, etc.

For any of you interested in doing this, you may want to go to the Geocaching web site at http://www.geocaching.com and set up your account. It costs nothing. I believe you have to be logged in, though, in order to see the coordinates for the caches.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend of camping and caching!!! Now . . I've gotta get out to the garage and get to work on the "Little Tow" :)
Teardrop newbie but camping "oldster"
OuttaHand
Teardrop Master

Postby Gary and Cheri » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Current long range weather forcast is currently partly cloudy with a high of 57 on Saturday and mostly cloudy with a high of 53 on Sunday. Lows are in the 30s so bring something warm.

I hope to arrive in the early afternoon on Friday and set up our camp. Hopefully we can find some cheaper firewood. Firewood is supposed to come from no more than 25 miles from the park. The shelter will be warm without a big fire, but nothing beats a fire for relaxing around.

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am

Hello All -
I have found that I cannot reserve a site today for tomorrow. Hmm...
I purchased a new home and Luke and I have been moving since Sunday. :thumbdown: The day for us to start moving was up in the air, so we did not make reservations until now - now that we know we will have the moving done by the end of the month.
So Luke and I will be there. I have no clue what site we will be in. We will bring something for meals, but I have no clue what since everything is a jumbled up mess with the move. The trailer is not ready - due to our efforts being on the move - so I will be taking care of that today after work.
Luke and I will be at the campgroud before night fall! (Previous years I never made it to camping on Fridays while it was still light out).
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. : ] Looking forward to the wine tasting that will be going on. :wine:

Take care everyone! Can't wait!
Oh, and as always - I will have my four legged friends in tow - Jackie, Bear and Jude. : ] :)

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest