Hoosier Summer Gathering July 19-22 2012 Tippecanoe River SP

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby GerryS » Wed May 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh, What the heck....site 44
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Hoosier Summer Gathering July 19-22 2012 Tippecanoe Rive

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 am

Yeah !

You won't regret a moment but I must warn you it can become a bad habit!

I have been to every formal gathering since January of 08 and I don't want to miss a minute of the fun and good food!

We are all glad you are joining us. :beer:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 am

I have been asked to head up the door prize committee.

Committee :rofl2: Me, a pencil ,some paper ,and a hat !

I really liked the one we had at the Brown County gathering in 08.

Those that could brought a camping related item. It need not be new, something gently used or even an item found at Goodwill will be a treasure to someone who may need just that thing. They were discretely deposited in the pile.

Immediatly after the pot luck dinner we will ask that each and every member of our group wishing to participate to place a slip of paper with their site number in the hat. The donated prizes will be openly displayed and as the lucky camper is picked they will come forth and select the prize of their choice.

We have had other types of gift exchanges but I really like watching those that really need an item get just what they need. :thumbsup:

I do want to stress that donations are just that. Do not go out of your way to bring something or feel in any way obligated. I have duplicates and triplicates of camping junk I do not need and would be happy to see someone who need them enjoying them.

This topic is very much open to debate and others may have better ideas so please help me out with any other ideas that may be even better or more creative.

So let's talk about it !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 am

bobhenry wrote:I have been asked to head up the door prize committee.

Those that could brought a camping related item. It need not be new, something gently used or even an item found at Goodwill will be a treasure to someone who may need just that thing. They were discretely deposited in the pile.

Immediatly after the pot luck dinner we will ask that each and every member of our group wishing to participate to place a slip of paper with their site number in the hat. The donated prizes will be openly displayed and as the lucky camper is picked they will come forth and select the prize of their choice.

We have had other types of gift exchanges but I really like watching those that really need an item get just what they need. :thumbsup:

I do want to stress that donations are just that. Do not go out of your way to bring something or feel in any way obligated. I have duplicates and triplicates of camping junk I do not need and would be happy to see someone who need them enjoying them.

This topic is very much open to debate and others may have better ideas so please help me out with any other ideas that may be even better or more creative.

So let's talk about it !

Bob, thanks for starting this discussion. I have several things that I will bring (all camping related) and useful.

You're right, these "pick your own prize" events are much better than having a gift "assigned" to your number.

So, if everyone can rustle up some of their "re-gifting" items we should have a good selection by July. 8)
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Door Prizes!!!

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Great Idea Bob. I will start gathering some items. I think I have a few good one's around here somewhere... :thinking:
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Jarred&Misty » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 am

SCUBA!!!!!! U are alive! :beer: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jarred&Misty
Teardrop Builder

Postby Billy K » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah , Looky there....hope you are bringing the "Lunch Lady" in July...Maria will be happy to swap cafeteria horror stories!!
"...influence is no government." - George Washington
Billy K
Teardrop Master

Postby indycamper » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:44 am

bobhenry wrote:I have been asked to head up the door prize committee.

So let's talk about it !

Finally - a way to get rid of some of my no-longer-used items and get something useful! Thanks!!
Sharon

I really need to re-retire one of these days.
indycamper
Teardrop Master

Scuba's still here!

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

LuckyScoutOwner wrote:SCUBA!!!!!! U are alive! :beer: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep, still here just been very, very busy... I'm sure you understand! :)

Billy K wrote:Yeah , Looky there....hope you are bringing the "Lunch Lady" in July...Maria will be happy to swap cafeteria horror stories!!

That's the plan Billy. I am so looking forward to getting back out with the group.
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

Postby Pam S » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Pam will be on site # 91 !! :campfire: :icedtea:
Pam S
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Scuba's still here!

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Nitroxjunkie71 wrote:
LuckyScoutOwner wrote:SCUBA!!!!!! U are alive! :beer: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep, still here just been very, very busy... I'm sure you understand! :)

Billy K wrote:Yeah , Looky there....hope you are bringing the "Lunch Lady" in July...Maria will be happy to swap cafeteria horror stories!!

That's the plan Billy. I am so looking forward to getting back out with the group.

Jeff, glad to have you back in the group. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Re: Scuba's still here!

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:Jeff, glad to have you back in the group. :thumbsup:

Thank's Kurt! :thumbsup:
Jeff
Image Image Image
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Postby Billy K » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 pm

..anybody put in an order for daytime highs and night time lows ...yet..???

If so, hope you ask for May weather instead of late August.... :shock: :lol:

I'll be happy with early June .... 8)

The way things are now, we may need some of those Texas style TDs... :D
"...influence is no government." - George Washington
Billy K
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:26 am

Billy K wrote:..anybody put in an order for daytime highs and night time lows ...yet..???

If so, hope you ask for May weather instead of late August.... :shock: :lol:

I'll be happy with early June .... 8)

The way things are now, we may need some of those Texas style TDs... :D

Billy, I put in the order but it seems to be on "back order" for now.

At least we'll be in a shady campground.

I have an extra room A/C unit that I'll bring along if you need it
. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Verna » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:49 am

Today I'm checking out my $20 garage sale find A/C unit to make sure it cools!!! If not, it's off to buy a new one!!!
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest