Illinois 2012? Any Buzz???

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Illinois 2012? Any Buzz???

Postby FatBoy BBQ » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 pm

My build is just about ready for its maiden voyage so...any buzz about a get together in Illinois in the near future??? I am in East Central Illinois (Champaign/Urbana Area) I know there have been past trips to Starved Rock. I have been there in winter but never camped.

ANY TAKERS????
Build Journal- http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=48158

"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
FatBoy BBQ
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Illinois 2012? Any Buzz???

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 pm

If your are willing to travel alittle further, we are having our sixth annual gathering called "Cooler by the Lake" which will be held the weekend of April 27th and 28th up near Sheboygan Wisconsin. Your two Land of Lincoln Directors will be in attendance and we always enjoy company up here in cheesehead land. Great state park right on the lake with nice dunes and always I've seen deer and wild turkeys when we walk the boardwalk accross the dunes.

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Welcome and Congrats on finishing your teardrop. Gary is right. The Cooler By the Lake gathering is a fun one and starts the season off for a lot of Illinois and Wisconsin campers.

Please also check out the Land of Lincoln Chapter of Tearjerkers for a list of Illinois gatherings form 2012. We have several already planned. We hope you can join us at all of them!

Steve
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Nice job on your cargo conversion. If you are not aware of it Steve (woodbutcher) is one of the two Illinois Tearjerker chapter directors. The other Doug (pigcooker) is a cargo trailer converter like you. You will have to check his out for ideas etc. If you find you would like to attend Cooler by the Lake you can find a spot at : http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveameri ... kCode=kohl

The Cooler by the lake thread can be found here; viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44129

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Return to Midwest