TBTR5 (tears by the river)

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: TBTR5 (tears by the river)

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Sounds great Tina, I will get there on Thursday. I will need the extra day to rest up from my long trip. See ya all soon.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Bodyman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm

[quote="tjx"]Hi Randy!
Sounds like you just might need some time off if you are starting to see Goose Ghosts! :lol:
One can only imagine the size of the goose ghost droppings you will be camping in.
Actually that is a neat picture... :pictures: quote]

Yes, thats a really neat spot to camp. I just throw in a line and go about other things, checking now and then. Have caught quite a few nice catfish that way. The problem is I haven't been there in close to three years :cry:

Roast on the spit sounds good. I have some frozen green beans that i'll throw in a crock pot. I have a precooked brisket I can do for one of the other nights.
Later
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby tjx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Just an update on gas prices locally:

Clinton,Iowa (just across the river from Fulton) BP 3.55 and 2 blocks down the road to the left Kgas is 3.51
Fulton, Ill BP at 4 way is 3.99
Thomson,Ill Caseys is 3.77
Savanna, Ill BP 3.99
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby catleppert » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi, all!

Just a quick update on The Dutch Oven. We will have the aluminum by tomorrow, but not enough time to get it installed and then get our TD inspected by the DOT in time for our trip to TBTR5. Not legal to pull it in Iowa, can't register it until it is inspected.......... so we will be in a tent. Hopefully the LAST time we camp in a tent!!!!

Also, we have some family/friends camping at Thomson but over at Potter's Marsh. In fact, my folks are camping with their Midwest camping club - and they are all fascinated by our TD process - so there might be quite a few looky-loo's from over there coming to 'visit' - which I am sure you are all used to. We sold our 30-ft travel trailer this past spring - and our friends who bought it are also camping at Potter's Marsh this weekend - I am sure they will be coming to visit quite a bit too.

We have documented our build so far in pictures, and we are bringing an album, so even if The Dutch Oven can't be there in person, it can be there in spirit! :D
catleppert
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Tina, Jerry, and all,

Thank you, we had a great time! :thumbsup:

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tjx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks Rob & Nancy!
Glad to see you made it home safely...thanks for joining us at the gathering :applause:
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby AceMan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:13 pm

We got home in one piece. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting so many Teardroppers. :shake hands:
A thanks for all the hard work put in by Tina & Jerry, :thumbsup:
I hope all attending were able to get enough food at the Pot Luck :lol: :lol:
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Great job Tina and Jerry! It was nice to see so many new faces and trailers. This gathering is really starting to out grow the loop we are in. To those who have never attended, this is one to put on your calender.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby catleppert » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Hello there, everyone!

Just a quick note to say THANKS to Tina and Jerry for such a wonderful gathering! And thanks to everyone for being so welcoming. We had such a wonderful time meeting all of you.... we only wish that we had a bit more time to spend a little more one-on-one time - but there are more gatherings in the future, and we look forward to getting to know everyone better. See many of you in Prophetstown!
catleppert
Teardrop Master

Postby Sonoma ZR2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Well it took me a while but I got all the pics from our trip to TBTR5 uploaded to an album. http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2695 I've got pictures from the John Deere Pavilion, Antique Archaeology (American Pickers), and TBTR5 in this album. Hope all enjoy it.

Chris
Sonoma ZR2
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Midwest