TINY HOUSES IN INDIANAPOLIS

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

TINY HOUSES IN INDIANAPOLIS

Postby bobhenry » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 am

Tour the Tiny House in Indianapolis!
Posted by Bridget Thornton on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 in See a Tiny House
If you're in the Indianapolis area, please join Jay Shafer at Butler University for an evening discussion about the tiny house movement Tuesday, March 20th, as part of the university's Earth Project Series. This free event is open to the public and will be followed by a book signing and tour of a Tumbleweed Fencl.

Jay will discuss how we can reduce our ecological footprint in the urban setting. The event will be of particular interest to those interested in urban ecology, sustainable architecture, and the arts.

Where: Butler University, Johnson Room, Robertson Hall

When: Tuesday, March 20th at 5:30
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: TINY HOUSES IN INDIANAPOLIS

Postby Jst83 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

That would be neat to attend, do you plan on going Bob
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 am

Just printed off the map to get there ! :thumbsup:

It is very timely as the weather is breaking and I am getting real anxious to get a jump on the 8x20 caboose build !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:34 am

Got my buddy Jimmy coming over to let my Scottie ,Sadie ,out after work Tuesday , so I can leave straight from work. Really looking forward to seeing a tiny house in the flesh. I am taking a printout of my caboose thread to share with whoever may be interested and grabbing the camara for some pics. :pictures:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 am

Did you make it to see the tiny houses Bob ?
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:40 pm

yep !

Here is part of a post in my caboose thread.....

Well went to Indianapolis last night to spend an evening with Jay Schaffer on a tiny house seminar at Butler University. He is quite entertaining as well as being insightful. The 2 hours passed all to quickly.

During the Q & A session a question of heating and cooling the tiny houses was brought up and I found myself doodling on some note paper I had brought along.

I layed down just long enough last night to get comfortable and the wheels started turning. I could stand it no longer and got out of bed and headed to the kitcken counter with pencil , scale, and paper.

My heating and cooling ideas became based on two 12 volt automotive radiator fans, one intake and one exhaust. I first was simply toying with air in one vent and out the other end.

And then.....
and from here I ramble on!

To better answer your question, it was a rather large meeting room and it was packed to standing room only ! We had a really good Q&A session and there was a feel of genuine interest in the crowd. I went for the chance to "try on" the space in a tiny house but it was locked waiting for Jay and I didn't hang around long enough to get inside :cry:

It was more of a bit of tiny house pom-pom waving and exploring the economics of tiny house living and less on actual design and build ideas but I am still glad I went to the seminar.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Return to Midwest