Wisconsin Birthday Bash - June 22-24 - White Mound Co. Park

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Wisconsin Birthday Bash - June 22-24 - White Mound Co. Park

Postby Betsey » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Image Image Tearjerkers is turning 15 years old this June! Image Image

:P :P Come help us celebrate! :P :P

:dancing: :dancing :dancing Guaranteed to be a great party with great people! :dancing: :dancing :dancing

When: June 22-24, 2012

What: St. Croix Tearjerker Chapter 15th Birthday Bash**

Where: White Mound County Park, Hillpoint, WI

The park, located on White Mound Lake, has a lot to offer: enjoy fishing, boating, swimming, trail walking, biking, pedal boating, canoeing, kayaking, or just plain relaxing! There are also lots of interesting things to see/do in the area.

The park has set aside 15 sites for our group. You can have the site all to yourself or double up with another teardrop.

You have 2 options for making reservations:

1) Go to the St. Croix Birthday Bash Reservation Link below. Fill in the information, pay by credit card & print out a copy of the reservation for your own records. The system will send me a copy of your reservation information. Once I get your reservation, I will send you an email confirmation along, with the site you will be in.

-OR-

2) Go to the St. Croix Birthday Bash Reservation Link below. Fill in the information, press the "Review Total" button (total fees are automatically calculated) & print out the page. Send me a PM with your top 3 site choices. I will email you back my address & who to write the check to. Mail me your completed reservation form along with the check for the total fees. I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your form & check.

All reservations for the gathering must be made through Betsey. (Reservations are only confirmed when I receive payment.)

Please direct all questions about the park to Betsey.

St. Croix Birthday Bash Reservation Link: http://www.tinycamper.com/tearjerkerbirthday/

White Mound County Park Link: http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/wildlife_areas/whitemound.htm

Campground Map Link: https://www.co.sauk.wi.us/sites/default/files/fileattachments/campground_map.pdf

Satellite View of Park: http://www.satelliteviews.net/cgi-bin/g.cgi/?fid=1846977&state=WI&ftype=park

Check back here to keep up to date on what sites have been taken, who is attending, what events are taking place, etc.

15th Birthday Memorabilia available on Cafe Press: http://www.cafepress.com/tearjerkersbirthdayparty2012

(All items have been marked up $1.00, which will be donated to the Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) organization.)

**As our chapter covers a large area, making travel difficult, we are also having a St. Croix birthday bash in Minnesota at Gull Lake Recreation Area in Brainerd, MN on May 18-20.

Link to Minnesota Birthday Gathering on T&TTT:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49971

Link to Minnesota Birthday Gathering on Tearjerkers:http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5247

Come join us for either or both parties!
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Wisconsin Birthday Bash - June 22-24 - White Mound Co. P

Postby Betsey » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:36 pm

The following is a list of sites that have already been reserved for the St. Croix Birthday Gathering. I will update the list as I receive more reservations.

Reserved Sites

#14 - Glenn
#37 - Parnell & Barb & Crew
#65 - Craig & Betsey
#66 - Tina & Jerry
#67 - Tom O. & King Henry the Basset Hound aka "Low Rider" ;)
#68 - Tom & Char
#69 - Darrel & Joanne
#70 - Jean & Bella

Betsey 8)
Last edited by Betsey on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Betsey » Mon May 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Just added Tom O. & Darrel & Joanne to the party! WooHoo! ;party;

Have plenty more spaces to fill...please let me know if you are even considering joining us, as I will be releasing any unreserved campsites on May 15. :o

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ptomaine » Mon May 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Henry feels sad :( He's a Basset Hound, not one of those fox chasing Beagles.
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Mon May 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Ptomaine wrote:Henry feels sad :( He's a Basset Hound, not one of those fox chasing Beagles.

Oh-My-Gosh! :o HOW could this have happened? :shock: WHAT was I thinking??? :cry: Of COURSE, he's a Basset Hound!!! :duh: I KNEW that!!! :NC My apologies to King Henry! :worship: I can only think that this gross error was due to my currently poor physical state...it was the illness talking! It's true! :?

I will make this right, Henry! Free doggie treats, plumping your doggie cushion, free reign of the campground, executive seating at the pot luck & birthday party (I'll even let you have the honor of licking the dasher of the ice cream freezer) - whatever it takes! Just name it! :NC

Currently groveling, :oops:

Betsey
8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ptomaine » Wed May 09, 2012 5:57 am

He has a very short attention span. After the doggie treat he will totally forget about everything (except his next treat). :FNP
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Thu May 17, 2012 2:36 am

We have added a couple more to the party!

I haven't released the group sites yet...thought I would give it a few more days. Once I do, the reservation link will no longer be active. If you want to make reservations, you will need to contact the park directly and/or print out the reservation form & mail it to them. You can mention you would like to be close to the Teardrop group sites.

Happy Camping!

Betsey ;kewl;
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby OuttaHand » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Anybody have any interest in a project?

I bought a Coleman white gas lantern at a garage sale for $15 or $20 and thought I'd made a great deal because it looks great, has the original fitted carrying case, extra mantels, etc.
Til I tried to use it.

From what I'm seeing and what I've been able to learn online, it sounds like the regulator inside is probably dirty. It's a pretty good bet that someone who knows these things could clean it up and have a nice lantern.

If nothing else, there is an extra mantle and the plastic carrying case is great. The globe (clear) is in tact and even the mantels in place look good!

I no longer want it. I bought a propane one instead.

If anyone is interested in this, I'd happily take $10 for it and could bring it to the Birthday Bash for delivery.
If interested, PM me so I know to bring it along. I am going to cross-post this to the TearJerkers site, as well.

6/11/12 EDIT -- I have now had two replies on this so I THINK it should be sold. If both of those fall through at the campout, it will be there for anyone else who is interested!
Teardrop newbie but camping "oldster"
OuttaHand
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm

A BIG THANK YOU to all who attended the St. Croix 15th Tearjerker Birthday Bash this past weekend!

The weather was gorgeous, the campground was awesome (thanks Parnell & Barb!), the company was great & the food was abundant (as always!) ;)

Thanks to everyone for helping out with anything & everything that needed to be done.

The locals in the campground had been forewarned of our arrival & several stopped by to look, "ohhhh"ing & "aawwww"ing all the while.

We missed those who were unable to join us due to unexpected health concerns & hope you are well on your way to recovery & will join us at the next gathering.

We had some "soon to be" teardrop owners stop by today to meet people & get acquainted with our group. Welcome Bill & Cindy! Always fun to add more to the festivities!

Hope everyone made it home safe!

Thanks again!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Midwest