Hoosier Chapter "Fall Gathering 2012"

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Hoosier Chapter

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:20 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
Verna, you should have seen it last year. We had rain :rainy: , wind (30-40mph), cold temps (35-55F) :snowstorm: and tons of leaves blowing around. If it wasn't for the great friends it would have been a disaster.

This year looks much more promising. 8)

Oh yeah Gone-with-the-wind-awa (Missinawa) We lost 2 or 3 canopies and a couple campers :vroom: in the midst of the blowing and cold. :shock:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: Hoosier Chapter "Fall Gathering 2012"

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am

bobhenry wrote:Hey Kurt what kind of weather did you order ??? :lol:

Bob, No Promises but....

As far as the weather it looks like this.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:15 am

bobhenry wrote:Hey Newbies I picked up 2 redneck water heaters Sunday for $3.00 each. They are great for hot water at the ready for hot chocolate , tea, or ( I use the coffee singles ). It is Oh so great to wash dishes with hot water and you can even take a dab and dash in your potty tent to wash the stinky parts if you want.

Any way ... I have 2 up for grabs. I know about 10 of us vetrans have ours at the ready and we love them. I don't want to drag them up just to drag them home so if interested and you have $3.00 to spend, P.M. me and I will bring you one.

First come first served.

Bob

Update Sorry BOTH are gone Mickie and pete jumped up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 am

Sharon bring your walker and I will size up a couple of different satellite dishs to see which style fits best. I am also bring a couple of loaner satellite D.O. tables for Sunday A.M. for anyone to use. They will be up for sale as very slightly used price.If you want a completed one with shelf they will be $40.00.

If you want a pristine one let me know and I will bring an extra one or two for $45.00 each with shelf.

And I have 40 or so beer lamps that need a home since mine is getting smaller. Help finance my caboose build. :oops:

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 am

Hey Lookie Lookie .........

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/anderson-in/46016/weekend-weather/328779

Low 70's in the day and high 40's at night just right for a campfire.

I will have a truck load of lumber cutoffs from the plant for kindlin' if anyone need an arm load. :campfire:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Lynda » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Howdy All,

I just retired and relocated to Portland, IN from Sarasota, FL. I'm also the new owner of a 2012 LG Silver Shadow ("Lil Red" is her name), which was loaded down with all the worldy possessions I chose to bring to IN with me. John (who is a "Hoosier") and I have been discussing finding somewhere to actually go "camping" for the first time before the weather becomes too cold. I'm terribly disappointed that I just learned about this gathering because there are no campsites available. If anyone with a reserved site is unable to make it to the gathering, please let me know.

If we don't get to join you this year, we'll certainly look forward to perhaps joining in next year. The weather looks like it will cooperate and we wish you all a wonderfully happy time!

Lynda & John
Every morning brings a clean canvas...paint a beautiful picture,
Lynda
Lynda
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rmzd » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 pm

I have just finished my( our ) tear and also just found out about the gathering and the sold out condition. We live in Evansville In and plan to camp near by in a different camp ground. If it would be O/k with every one we would like to stop by and visit.
Randy and Martha
rmzd
Teardrop Inspector

Postby indycamper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:39 am

rmzd wrote:I have just finished my( our ) tear and also just found out about the gathering and the sold out condition. We live in Evansville In and plan to camp near by in a different camp ground. If it would be O/k with every one we would like to stop by and visit.
Randy and Martha

Of course you are welcome to stop by! The best time would be about dinner time on Saturday! Bring some chili to add to the "Chili Dump" and join in. There are several others in the same situation, so you won't be the only ones enjoying the fellowship without being able to share in the campground. Look forward to meeting you! :applause:
Sharon

I really need to re-retire one of these days.
indycamper
Teardrop Master

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 am

Lynda wrote:Howdy All,

I just retired and relocated to Portland, IN from Sarasota, FL. I'm also the new owner of a 2012 LG Silver Shadow ("Lil Red" is her name), which was loaded down with all the worldy possessions I chose to bring to IN with me. John (who is a "Hoosier") and I have been discussing finding somewhere to actually go "camping" for the first time before the weather becomes too cold. I'm terribly disappointed that I just learned about this gathering because there are no campsites available. If anyone with a reserved site is unable to make it to the gathering, please let me know.

If we don't get to join you this year, we'll certainly look forward to perhaps joining in next year. The weather looks like it will cooperate and we wish you all a wonderfully happy time!

Lynda & John

Lynda & John - Randy & Martha,

Sorry that the sites are all sold out but you could stop by anyway and see the campers plus join us Saturday night for the Pitch-in Dinner. We should have plenty of Chili so don't feel obligated to bring anything.

Just come and enjoy the group. :thumbsup:

Hope to see you at Mounds State Park.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 am

Lynda & John - Randy & Martha,

You could always take the tiny trailers on a shake down cruise and check for a last minute cancelation or pehaps the park will take pity on you and magically come up with one of their mystery spots they keep tucked away for just such emergencies. Either way you could show off your rigs !

Bob
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby pjo129 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm

rmzd wrote:I have just finished my( our ) tear and also just found out about the gathering and the sold out condition. We live in Evansville In and plan to camp near by in a different camp ground. If it would be O/k with every one we would like to stop by and visit.
Randy and Martha

Someone else from Evansville! :P :dancing Please feel free to stop by. We'll actually be in a tent still this time. Hoping to have our ttt done by next year. Stop by and see us. We're in site #44.
Pete Olson
Newburgh, IN

"Patrol Box" camper build thread http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55583

It's only dumb if it doesn't work.
pjo129
Teardrop Master

Postby MikeyLikesIt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:56 pm

This is my first camping trip, does anyone know if they close the gates to the park at any certain time at night? I plan on pulling in tomorrow around 2pm but we have an event back here in Indy tomorrow evening. Just wondering if we would be met by a closed gate if we tried to come back after the event.
MikeyLikesIt
Teardrop Master

Postby crttaz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 am

Bob Henry, dunno if I'm gonna make it, night have to chat you up next year.

Someone please get pics of the TD's

My to be tow is still in the shop. I cannot get to the campgrounds until Sat. night about 7 PM but have to head to Hebron, OH to be there by 10 am o Sunday.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby IndyCubby » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am

Well, unfortunately I will not be attending as planned. We had a tragedy of this morning here in our neighborhood. My little camping buddy (11 yr old Frankie) lost his mother unexpectedly this morning. I heard the news from other neighbors and came home from work early in case there was a need by the family. The mom was somewhat of a train wreck....but still a nice and kind person....not sure what the details are yet.

We don't have kids of our own, so we have kind of "adopted" Frankie and his brothers and sister as little nieces and nephews in a way over the last 10 yrs. He was just over last night to plan our camping trip and now this this happened. Poor guy. Kurt and others may remember....the last two teardrop meets I was able to attend (back in 05-06?) I brought Frankie's older brothers who were his age at the time...now they are in high school and college at Purdue. Frankie was a newborn when we moved here, so I've known him his whole life....what a nice little kid. I feel so sorry for him right now. :(

At any rate.....We will not be attending. It's probably too late to cancel a reservation and even if I did, I don't think they refund anything this late. Site #6 will be vacant. If you PM me, I can e-mail you the reservation details if someone wants to take the site over.

Chris
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby crttaz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 am

5 am, sitting at home in SW Ohio and being called by the racers. Sorry Teardroppers and BobHenry, we'll meet one day soon.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest